They've had sex in my half built house

BEDBANDIT

My wife rung me this morning, she really fuming and very upset , crying ...

the village is up in arms too ..

The news this morning is a young 20 year old lad from the next village has had sex with the girl whos 15 years old from her village . If that's not bad enough , She's pretty sure they've had sex in our house what we are building.  Its only half built, four walls and a base , no roof. its not a small build 160+ square meter plus costing 1.2+ mil b.
shes going Nuts ...she wants  compensation or something for soiling our house  . enough cash to pay for the monks to come and do there bit ...its a culture thing i'm told. 
what do ya think... 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy answer.

Agree with your wife but let her and the villagers take care of it. The last thing that would help is you adding your twopence worth. Let the local Abbot sort it out.

It's a Thai cultural thing so keep out as much as possible.

Tell your wife that in your culture having sex in an unfinished house brings happiness. It means that the house, even when not finished, already has a warm and inviting aura over it. Tell her not to spend money on monks otherwise they may take the before mentioned aura away and a healthy and pleasurable sexlife will never ever happen there again even ones the place is finished. No happiness wil ever live there anymore.  Hope this helps. :smile:

Ps. Flustered suggestion sounds good too by the way.

2 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Easy answer.

Agree with your wife but let her and the villagers take care of it. The last thing that would help is you adding your twopence worth. Let the local Abbot sort it out.

It's a Thai cultural thing so keep out as much as possible.

Agree - tell wife you will pay for the Abbott and get her to organise it all.

If the young bloke pays it back later - give it to the Abbot (via wife).

Well shes rung me again to inform there a meeting in the morning with village boss and families to discuss how much this poor girl virginity is worth ..

I've found the whole situation amusing and i'm not really bothered what happens as long it dont cost me cash...but i know it will

She rang you about this?  Where are you? 

I say stop answering the phone for the next 48 hours.  It's simply not your problem.  If you let yourself be carried away by these faux village dramas requiring money to "fix it", you're setting a precedent.  Even if they did shag in your (wife's) half built house, there is absolutely no impact on anything whatsoever.  It's bricks and mortar.  Let it go.  Ignore it.  This too shall pass. 

Edit:  If it wasn't this particular 20 year old bloke, it woulda been another riding a Honda Click.  It makes no difference.  Don't get carried away with the village oooga booga drama.

Edited by 55Jay

If this 15 year old girl becomes pregnant and the guy does a runner (very likely) they may decide that she and the baby to be should move into your new house  when it is complete, so you can take care of her and the baby.

After all it was your house that it all happened in.

48 minutes ago, BEDBANDIT said:

Well shes rung me again to inform there a meeting in the morning with village boss and families to discuss how much this poor girl virginity is worth ..

I've found the whole situation amusing and i'm not really bothered what happens as long it dont cost me cash...but i know it will

Why is your wife making such a big deal out of this?

If the house is still in the skeletal stage then there is nothing inside to get soiled. If for an example after the house was completed and you rented it out to a young couple who I have no doubts would be having it off a few times each week, would that mean the house is soiled and the couple should pay you compensation? What`s the difference? Better still, if the uncompleted house becomes a lovers stopover, then change them by the hour for using it as a short time love motel.

I guess when the parents of the girl have taken their due, and this can be tens of thousands of Baht! There may not be a lot left in the kitty for your wife to pay for cleansing.

The last one I heard about recently, parents were looking for 100k, I understand settled for around 40k.

Sons in Thailand can be expensive!!

1) How does anybody know this young couple have 'done it'?

2) How does anybody know they 'did it' in your unfinished house?

Seems to me the answer to either or both of these questions is that someone saw them. In which case, what the <deleted> were they doing spying on a young couple?

Either way, I think the first two responses to your OP have equal merit.

When I was twenty, if a girl was willing and had all the, er, accoutrements, I didn't ask how old she was. Ok, that was nearly 50 years ago, when people weren't so hung up about these age things, but the sexual imperative in young men hasn't changed in that time. And whether you like it or not, many girls at the age of 15 are fully developed women. Perhaps not always mentally, but certainly physically.

What's with you guys? they all will be looking for compensation from the 20 year old guy or his parents!!

edit: Nasakiman  I think you'll find without parental permission it's against the law and quite possible the girl told her parents!!

Edited by 473geo
clarity

Indeed.  But, as far as we know from the OP, the 20 year old isn't related to him or his wife.  Neither is the girl who got shagged. 

The only connection to the OP is these two shagged in his (wife's) partially built house on some lump of land, probably in bum <deleted> Issan.  She was #10,472 on that night in Issan as a whole, I reckon.   :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay

Welcome to the medieval ages where lunacy knows no bound, no  place for facts just pure  nonsense,  Id  find  a new Wife personally.

Two people had a  shag? so what! Its  nothing more than that

After a few years of being here you will soon become numb to the never ending drivel of Thai drama. I'm never quite sure if it's lakorn imitating life or the other way around.

Anyhoo, as others have said, keep the Hell out of it. The village will have countless (read endless) 'meetings' to get to what is in their mind, resolution.

You never know you might get a few ฿฿ in compensation LOL

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Why is your wife making such a big deal out of this?

If the house is still in the skeletal stage then there is nothing inside to get soiled. If for an example after the house was completed and you rented it out to a young couple who I have no doubts would be having it off a few times each week, would that mean the house is soiled and the couple should pay you compensation? What`s the difference? Better still, if the uncompleted house becomes a lovers stopover, then change them by the hour for using it as a short time love motel.

How would you like to live on top of a graveyard?

If the lad shot his load into the ground there are millions of dead sperm everywhere.

This is a very big deal, the house is haunted.

This is a huge deal. The monks have no say so in this matter. It will be the village Shaman. He's the one who places and blesses the spirit houses. 

In the official manual of living in a third world country. I read the only way out of this.  That's ends well. No death of divorce. Or even worse. Is to build a very very large sprit house.

Also to buy a mountain of Lao Khao and get everyone in the village super drunk. 

This sort of thing is very common, only a few weeks ago a 12  year old girl has sex with a 19 year old man in our village. It was a big deal police became involved when the boys family refused to pay the 30,000 baht that was demanded. Eventually they settled for 10,000 baht and a apology.

Any thing that is wrong is classed as unlucky, when a snake was killed inside my wife's shop she had to get the monks in to do there stuff.