170,000 Thai Baht stolen from English tourist for a New Nose

webfact

170,000 Thai Baht stolen from tourist for a New Nose

By Danny Boy 

nose-thief.jpg?fit=480,469

A tourist wakes up to find bed and wallet empty

PATTAYA: -- An English tourist called Pattaya police for assistance regarding the theft of money from his hotel room recently.

He told police that he had been out in Soi Buakow with a few of his friends, celebrating his birthday. They had already been for a nice meal, and had decided to stop off at a local beer bar on the way home.

After about an hour in the bar, and a few bottles of beer later, it was home time. The victim had met a girl in the bar that he quite liked, and so, invited her to accompany him back to his room for the night. The lady in question happily obliged.

Back in the room, all was well and they both fell asleep with no problems. It was only when the victim woke up the following morning that he found himself to be all alone, with 170,000 Thai Baht less than he should have had. He immediately called police who arrived onto the scene and took several bits of evidence as well as CCTV images in an attempt to catch the thief.

Finally, the police have caught up with the thief, and she was arrested and taken down to the police station to be charged accordingly. Unfortunately, although not so surprisingly, the money has disappeared with part of it being used for a brand new nose, as you can see from the pictures.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/170000-thai-baht-stolen-new-nose/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-02-01

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Speechless.

Having 170'000 Baht obviously easy accessible(?) in the room, being drunk and taking a prostitute to the room.

What can you say?

You're in danger of being accused of victim blaming by some posters, however, I agree 100% with you.

2 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

ridiculous amount of cash

insurance scam

I doubt any insurance would cover that amount of cash unless it was properly secured.

UK insurances will even stipulate the type of safe required depending on the value being covered.

More details emerge of katoey who robbed UK tourist in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- More details have emerged from Pattaya about the lady boy who robbed the UK tourist to pay for a new nose.

Sophon Cable reported that the thief was 30 year old Somboon Suphasaen. They said that he had met Marc Pearson in Soi Bua Khao and the couple enjoyed time at Colin's Golf Bar.

After that the pair went to Room 7 and spent the night together. In the morning the lady boy had disappeared along with Thai and UK pounds to the value of 170,000 baht. The incident was reported in mid-December.

Somboon was rounded up at an apartment in Huay Kwang, Bangkok, yesterday. He had no money - he had spent it all on a nose job and facial surgery, police said.

Source: STV Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-02

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Speechless.

Having 170'000 Baht obviously easy accessible(?) in the room, being drunk and taking a prostitute to the room.

What can you say?

Speechless, but I will try anyway.

Just maybe it was a little bit remarkeble that such an intelligent man would leave his money unattended, and go to sleep with an unknown person.
Just think that sums it all up.

On the other hand. If the money is on the table, maybe the girl just thought that it was her pay for spending time together.

Edited by Get Real

Foreign tourists are very foolish to carry around with them a large amount of money .  I have traveled extensively in other countries , on arrival I go to the airport ATM and draw some money for immediate use , say BT 10,000 in Thailand .

To paraphrase Stones' Honky Tonk woman "She blew her nose and then she blew my dough".

Maybe thought with new nose couldn't recognize him/her?

Why would any sane person have 170,000 lying around in room? I think I just answered my question.....