Looking for a letter opener

lkn

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Looks nice

...and the price?

I’m sure I will receive ridicule, if I tell you. Let’s just say the same as a really good kitchen knife, so this is only an option for those who want something special and don’t care about cost.

Not sure if I paid the farang price given FolkGuitar’s comment, though the shop owner is a really nice guy, and he probably spent decades perfecting his craft, so I don’t mind if I paid a little extra, as I would be sad to see businesses like his disappear (as they have in most of the Western world).

I am actually considering having a second knife made for my other home, as I’m really taking a liking to the one I got.

Edited by lkn

2 minutes ago, lkn said:

Not sure if I paid the farang price given FolkGuitar’s comment, though the shop owner is a really nice guy, and he probably spent decades perfecting his craft, so I don’t mind if I paid a little extra, as I would be sad to see businesses like his disappear (as they have in most of the Western world).

My apologies. I'm a knife collector, and a member of several knife-related on-line groups. When I think of an 'low price' for a knife, it's a very relative term. A knife that Piak Bowie sells for $75 would most likely sell for $350+ from a knife-maker in the States or in Europe. I would think nothing of paying $250 for a good quality pocket knife. To me, that is a 'reasonable price' to pay for a quality item. But it's far from what we consider 'expensive' in a quality pocket knife. That would run around $600 USD, with awareness that a $15 French-made 'Opinel' farmer's knife will cut just as well.

I'm glad that you like the work that they did for you. It's nice to have good quality in a custom made knife.