Stomach pain and burps, will ultrasound show anything ? Gastroscopy needed ? Where and how much around Pattaya ? Thanks.

abab

Ultrasound seems to cost around 3000 ?

And gastroscopy around 15000 ?

I feel like to visita public hospital first to be sure that the private that I will visit later in case of problem won't try to change me for useless things, is it a good idea ?

Anyway I do not trust any hospital and doctor and might end visit 3 or 4 in case of real problem.

What is the best public hospital around Pattaya ? Can I do ultrasound and gastroscopy at Banglamung or Sattahip hispital by just walking in and wait ? Or do I need apointment ?

Thanks again.

Edited by abab

8 minutes ago, Denim said:

Bangkok Pattaya hospital is excellent. Saved my life where other hospitals had failed me.

Unfortunately, also very adept at padding your bill. I paid daily for a five night stay and was all fully paid up until I checked out. Somehow they managed to tack on an extra 25,000 for my final bill even though I had had no further treatment. I asked for a baht by baht breakdown of the final bill but they could not provide it to my satisfaction.

Great medical services to be sure but beware of getting stung.

How much total cost for 5 nights ?

Let him have a Gastroscopy , he will never eat or drink anything to give him stomach problems again.

Having that tube stuck down your throat and into your stomach is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I wanted to wrench the tube out. Even with a relax injection it was extremely uncomfortable but I had good reason for mine as I had a hiatus hernia, not a stomach pain and burps.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Let him have a Gastroscopy , he will never eat or drink anything to give him stomach problems again.

Having that tube stuck down your throat and into your stomach is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I wanted to wrench the tube out. Even with a relax injection it was extremely uncomfortable but I had good reason for mine as I had a hiatus hernia, not a stomach pain and burps.

Its nothing for most people on the planet, just google it.

I fear more the 15k that they will rob me than the endoscopy itself..

8 minutes ago, Flustered said:

abab,

There are some things in life that seem simple but when you have them done, you realise everyone lied to you.

The tube they put down your throat is not small. Then there is the gag reflex. You cannot swallow or gulp while the tube is in your throat and it takes about 4 to 5 minutes to be carried out properly. They have to record what the lining of your esophagus is like, measure the width of your esophageal hiatus which is a hole in the diaphragm through which the esophagus and the vagus nerve pass. Then they have to look at your stomach lining for any abscess or inflammation.

It is not a happy time unless you are used to having deep throat experiences which I certainly am not.

Yep, I'll second this. The most 'orrible experience ever. I had to be physically restrained from pulling the damn thing out and a sweaty, quivering mess at the end of it.

9 minutes ago, The Dancer said:

Yep, I'll second this. The most 'orrible experience ever. I had to be physically restrained from pulling the damn thing out and a sweaty, quivering mess at the end of it.

Topic:

Ultrasound where and how much at Pattaya ?

Gastroscopy where and how much at Pattaya ?

Good god man, just Google it. I just entered your question and it came back with multiple answers including costs.

e.g.  http://www.pih-inter.com/packages-promotions/3/colonoscopy-gastroscopy-package.html

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/bumrungrad-prices.asp

You asked a question on a forum so expect comments and a discussion.

• Like 1

I just has a gastroscopy last week in Chiang Mai at a private hospital, 11,300 baht.

And yes, an ultrasound is useful to have beforehand since it's inexpensive (1,000 baht) and is useful in detecting a range of problems, not just gastrointestinal.

• Like 1

The problem with public hospitals is that they won't do what they think you don't need. Prior to any serious procedure they will give you medicine after talking with you 30 seconds.

In a private hosp you get anything you want and even what you don't want and need as long as you pay.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I just has a gastroscopy last week in Chiang Mai at a private hospital, 11,300 baht.

And yes, an ultrasound is useful to have beforehand since it's inexpensive (1,000 baht) and is useful in detecting a range of problems, not just gastrointestinal.

cheap gastro it seems ? Public hospitals ask the same price.

do you know what ultrasound can help to detect ?

thank you.

Just now, questionsreplies said:

thank you.

Fatty liver, kidney problems (flow), aortic aneurysms, gall stones, fluid in the abdomen (ascites), enlarged prostate, gallbladder/pancreas/spleen problems, the list is very long.

6 minutes ago, questionsreplies said:

thank you.

BTW my gastrocscopy was discounted from 15k to 11.3k, why I don't know.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, questionsreplies said:

The problem with public hospitals is that they won't do what they think you don't need. Prior to any serious procedure they will give you medicine after talking with you 30 seconds.

In a private hosp you get anything you want and even what you don't want and need as long as you pay.

This is the problem with public hospitals, they absolutely do the minimum check and could miss something...

Before you start spending etc please consider Helibacter Pylori

One of the leading causes of stomach problems is an infection from the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria. More than 50% of the world's population has H. pylori in their upper gastrointestinal tracts. Infection is much more common in developing countries than Western countries.

Some common H. pylori symptoms are severe and persistent stomach pain, bloating, burping, bad breath, appetite loss, and nausea.

It is a very common type of infection the world over. However, often people do not show any H. pylori symptoms for years.     H. pylori infection can cause ulcers.

The stomach contains acid that breaks down food during the digestion process. A coating protects the stomach from the acid, but H. pylori bacteria damage this protective lining and make it possible for the acid to irritate the stomach.

The irritation can cause inflammation and ulcers.h.pylori symptoms that indicate presence of ulcers can be Persistent stomach pain; can differ in intensity. Bloating,  Burping etc.

Heli bacteria Pylori can cause a lot of damage inside the digestive tract and stomach if untreated.

Ok enough of that...can it be diagnosed/ Yes a simple stool test

Can it be treated? Yes, a combination of specific anti-biotics and an anti inflammatory taken for 2-3 weeks followed by a further test for negative result.

I suggest you go to Lifecare Lab, they in my opinion will not cheat you and are fair in price, note this test is a specific test and costs about 500 baht.

See;  http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?

Best Paul

N.B

Some of the common drugs that are used in a triple therapy treatment include:

• clarithromycin
  • proton-pump inhibitors (PPI), such as lansoprazole (Prevacid), esomeprazole (Nexium), pantoprazole (Protonix), or rabeprazole (AcipHex) or Omeprazole
  • metronidazole (for 7 to 14 days)
  • amoxicillin (for 7 to 14 days)

All available in Thailand.

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before you start spending etc please consider Helibacter Pylori

One of the leading causes of stomach problems is an infection from the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria. More than 50% of the world's population has H. pylori in their upper gastrointestinal tracts. Infection is much more common in developing countries than Western countries.

Some common H. pylori symptoms are severe and persistent stomach pain, bloating, burping, bad breath, appetite loss, and nausea.

It is a very common type of infection the world over. However, often people do not show any H. pylori symptoms for years.     H. pylori infection can cause ulcers.

The stomach contains acid that breaks down food during the digestion process. A coating protects the stomach from the acid, but H. pylori bacteria damage this protective lining and make it possible for the acid to irritate the stomach.

The irritation can cause inflammation and ulcers.h.pylori symptoms that indicate presence of ulcers can be Persistent stomach pain; can differ in intensity. Bloating,  Burping etc.

Heli bacteria Pylori can cause a lot of damage inside the digestive tract and stomach if untreated.

Ok enough of that...can it be diagnosed/ Yes a simple stool test
Can it be treated? Yes, a combination of specific anti-biotics and an anti inflammatory taken for 2-3 weeks followed by a further test for negative result.

I suggest you go to Lifecare Lab, they in my opinion will not cheat you and are fair in price, note this test is a specific test and costs about 500 baht.

See;  http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?

Best Paul

N.B
Some of the common drugs that are used in a triple therapy treatment include:
  • clarithromycin
  • proton-pump inhibitors (PPI), such as lansoprazole (Prevacid), esomeprazole (Nexium), pantoprazole (Protonix), or rabeprazole (AcipHex) or Omeprazole
  • metronidazole (for 7 to 14 days)
  • amoxicillin (for 7 to 14 days)

All available in Thailand.

I asked to be tested for helicobacter pylori as Dr Google suggested that’s what I had.
It cost just over 3k at Sukhumvit hospital Ekkamai.
I blew into a bag then took a tablet which I believe was radioactive urea. I then had to lie on my left side for 5 minutes followed by sitting up for 15 minutes and then blew into a bag again.
Came back an hour later and test was negative. Peace of mind though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Had mine done in the UK, no problem, wouldn't bother me if had to have another one. No sedative either.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app