Pattaya terrorized by knife-wielding, naked farang

webfact

4 hours ago, transam said:

A taser would have ended this situation...

Yup, don't count on the police...the motocy and tourists had to get him.

Just tie him to a palmtree at beachroad for some days...untill he begs to go to jail.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, transam said:

A taser would have ended this situation...

Yup but, that is commonsense thinking of farang. Not "welcomed" here.

And if aimed and hit in the genitalia I am sure that would make him sit down! And if I was Quentin Tarantino I could think of more things to do to him also.

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Isn't he supposed to carry a passport or at least any identification document? Seems like a new policy of the cops: good guys playing bridge in the cells- and naked guys out. Not a bad attempt to keep up the clean image of Pattaya as a family destination. 

Considering the places he could have possibly been carrying his passport, would you want to see it, much less touch it?

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Considering the places he could have possibly been carrying his passport, would you want to see it, much less touch it?

No big problem, just dig it out roughly with his knife. :smile:

Uh oh, now I am thinking like Quentin (bless him).

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

5 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... or maybe he just wasn't prepared for the effects of the local 'Schnaps', with potentially even 'healthier' window-cleaner where he's coming from. 

From the article:

>... But a call Thursday morning to the police station found they had no record of the man, indicating he was likely released soon after without charge. “We don’t have any information regarding this person,” ...< 

Now, where exactly did he hide the necessary cash-stash to accomplish such a quick release ...? 

Maybe he was in a straight jacket in hospital.

5 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Makes me wonder what happens to these guys when they arrive and lose all their senses and drives them to carry out these acts.

I sort of feel for these guys.

You have to wonder also how they feel when they come down from whatever they are on at the time.....imagine the rest of the holiday, he won't forget that in a hurry. (not one to make assumptions but in places like Pattaya, he could well have had something slipped into his drink) - People do drink too much and do get violent, but stripping naked and walking around with a knife....to get that crazy on alcohol alone you would need to drink enough to just pass out.

The most concerning aspect of this fiasco is that 2 trained police officers required the help of 4 civilians to apprehend 1 skinny Russian. They didn't even work together. One officer looked on while the other officer worked with the civilians. It's not surprising, but it is rather pathetic.

Edited by tropo

While the police may not have the same traiig as Western officers- they seem to be able to settle situations like this without lethal force. In the US- several cases like this end up using lethal force. I prefer the Thai method because not only does it work it saves lives. A gun was not even pulled and in my thnking if you are a police person and cannot disarm a perp without using lethal force- you should not be a police person.