No Bahtbuses on Soi Buakhao?

AbeSurd

It has been far too convenient for people to travel around Pattaya and the authorities have noticed this and it has definitely got their back up. This new system of forcing them onto routes which completely inconvenience a tremendous amount of people and force them to walk to unidentified stops because anyway they are too fat and need the exercise is a great idea. They should in fact go one step further and introduce the same system they have in Phuket where you are required to have a boxing match with the tuctuc drivers every time you want to go 100 yards along the road and they want 300bahy off you.

Keep up the good work.

Den   

According to Thais I talked to. New rules in place. This means, just another mess and soon the rules will be made by the ones that are supposed to follow them. 

What I understood new routes / numbers of trucks were assigned and traffic flow should be improved 55555....Good night.  MS>

20 minutes ago, elgenon said:

None of the BGs I know know the term Baht Bus. They seem to know local taxi. To me they are the highest authority. 55555

Who cares? This is an English language forum and when Thai English press writes about them, they almost always say baht buses. (In Pattaya.)

14 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

the designated areas are painted on the road in brown/rusty red colour with the words bus stop in white. If you haven't got any yet I'm sure they will be coming to your area soon

Yea you should be able to see the stops that were painted on the road

for at least a few more weeks before they fade away..lol

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who cares? This is an English language forum and when Thai English press writes about them, they almost always say baht buses. (In Pattaya.)

Who cares? I care. And when I live in Thailand I tend to be interested in Thailand. ThaiVisa.com is not just about the expat bubble.

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

the designated areas are painted on the road in brown/rusty red colour with the words bus stop in white. If you haven't got any yet I'm sure they will be coming to your area soon

I wonder how this will work on Soi Buakhao.

1 hour ago, AbeSurd said:

I wonder how this will work on Soi Buakhao.

From what I've read, it won't.  The decreed changes in routes eliminate baht buses on Soi Buakhao.  If I'm recalling the multiple threads and news releases correctly, the junta apparently has decreed:

- new route maps with the route number to be emblazoned on the bus windshield/screen

- new marked bus stops, forbidding stopping elsewhere

- baht buses assigned to routes cannot be used for "charters"

- fare a flat B10 for all routes

Granted, I've not seen all those bullet points in any single news release, but among the many releases, that's what I've gleaned.  But, as any seasoned resident can tell you, any and all of those points can and will be ignored at will.

I have the nagging feeling I'm forgetting some other data from the decree(s).

19 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

The decreed changes in routes eliminate baht buses on Soi Buakhao. 

Wow.

If there was a very regular or frequent baht bus service both ways (heading north and south) on Third Road, then the northern half of Soi Buakhao could be served reasonably well (ie from Soi Lengkee up to Pattayaklang). Passengers would just need to walk up the nearest soi from either Second Road or Third Road to Soi Buakhao. There are various of these.

But the southern half of Soi Buakhao, from Pattaya Tai (Pattaya South Road) up to Soi Lengkee I believe would be difficult. As far as I know there are very few sois (either from Second Road or Third Road) that lead to Soi Buakhao.

On 3-2-2017 at 10:37 AM, zorro1 said:

I was on one a few days ago and as usual if you are the last person before second Rd they just kick you off and do a U turn
Not all the time but happens a lot.
And if they ban them how are people supposed to get around?

iit happend to me and my family also 3 times, everytime on the same place, just arround the corner coming from beach road to 2 nd road,across the school.

Edited by joskeshake