Amazing Thailand! Primary school girl shows police how to handle a Magnum

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hansnl said:

There was me thinking a magnum was an ice cream.

But she was cleaning a revolver in .357 magnum!

That just shows arms are not dangerous if handled with care and knowledge.

What are war weapons?

Like this, she can get right inside the barrel to give it a good cleaning.

275px-French370mmRailwayHowitzer1917.jpg

Na Rak, a cute little girl. If she learns to shoot well and become a lady bodyguard she would earn good money for her parents. Hope she marries a husband that doesn't drink. Know what I mean?

That handgun looks real big, wonder whether my arm would drop off if shot by handgun of this size.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Reminds me of a story (no proof, but purported to be true) of a prisoner in the USA shooting himself in the foot while his visitor was passing a gun to him under the table during a visit. Apparently, the prisoner was suing the US Government for inadequate security procedures which allowed his friend to smuggle it in to him in the first place!!!

If the tales about stunts pulled by lawyers in the US are just halfway true i wouldn't be surprised about your story. Bit of perverted system already though.

Now, a little kid like this handling firearms would be an enormous scandal back home, oioioi - but honestly, in a country with a gun-'culture' like here or maybe over in the US (?) i think it might be much better to know what one's doing, just in case ... 

And as far as this here story goes, yes, as commented by some already it seems she's handling it much better than plenty of the so called grown-ups here. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Or the gunsmith who lets his children play with them?

The gunsmith didn't teach her to "play" with them, he taught her gun safety, how to handle guns, how strip & clean them...
a big difference!

7 hours ago, wxpwzrd said:

I would be more afraid of the policemen that can't keep their own firearms clean.

A dirty firearm usually injures the user not anyone else.

That's why the military are trained to keep them spotless.

Doesn't say a lot for the police that a gunsmith has to do it!

4 hours ago, catinthehat said:

That's because you bought your job and never had  any training or testing at a police academy to become a duly recognized policeman. Some people just cannot resist the opportunity to open their mouth and remove all doubt as to their level  of intellectual challenge.

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

5 hours ago, catinthehat said:

That's because you bought your job and never had  any training or testing at a police academy to become a duly recognized policeman. Some people just cannot resist the opportunity to open their mouth and remove all doubt as to their level  of intellectual challenge.

Plenty of people own guns and competently clean them. What she does is dis-assemble the firearm completely which is more than just cleaning after normal use. You can be a competent gun owner all your life and never dis-assemble your firearms (same as most car owners maintain their car but never dis-assemble the engine). Seems to me this chap and his daughter go beyond normal cleaning, and he has taught his daughter how to fully dis-assemble guns and do the sort of maintenance that most people don't do for themselves.

I imagine soldiers learn this sort of thing because they may be out in the field in an ongoing combat situation and need to keep their firearms fully operational independently. Cops rarely fire a round, are not groveling around in dirt all day, and consequently a simple clean of the chamber and barrel is perhaps all they need to know.....?

Like a lot of people, I went to school, did a part-time job, did sport, AND did my homework. Good on him for teaching her, good on her for helping her dad and taking an interest, and good on the cop for giving her a pat on the back. Not every youngster can do this, or has the opportunity, but many kids are taught skills by their parents.

Shame on you all who pour cold water on this.

PS....love the 12 gauge on stand-by in case of trouble....wonder if she can handle that too? 555

I am having trouble believing the

Negative posts on this subject

Her father had the smarts to teach

Her gun safety

Now she is doing something constructive and seems to do it well

She will be the next gunsmith in the area

My hat is off to her and her father

Shame on you negative Falangs

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Childlabor...

kid should do her homework instead of meshing round with guns.

Why not ? it can be useful, maybe her future job , or helping her father sometimes , he doesn't seem to have much money

9 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Childlabor...

I disagree. She has learned a useful skill she may one day be able to put to use as a trained gunsmith.

By contrast, school is in my experience mostly a waste of time, not to mention a violation of young people's minds due to the indoctrination they are subjected to in order to perpetuate the lies which society is based on.   

11 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Childlabor...

BS.   "Child labor..."  LOL   This is backwards thinking.   Kids should be taught a healthy respect for firearms and how to handle them safely from the earliest possible age by a responsible and knowledgeable adult, and that should be considered mandatory if there are going to be any guns in the home (even locked up - kids can be incredibly ingenious about getting into things they're curious about and surprisingly bashful about simply asking).  They're inevitably going to be curious about guns, and the way to deal with that is openness, instruction and supervision, not pretending they don't exist or have any valid purpose.   It's the attitude that they're something to be "meshed round with" that causes all the trouble and leads to their misuse, abuse, and to accidents, NOT responsible instruction and adult awareness.  From the article, it sounds like this dad has trained his daughter well.  Nine or ten was about the age I was first taught about firearms as well (though I certainly couldn't disassemble & reassemble a 357 Magnum like this girl obviously can at that age!), and it left me with a lifelong safety awareness and capability I'm grateful for. 

9 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

If the tales about stunts pulled by lawyers in the US are just halfway true i wouldn't be surprised about your story. Bit of perverted system already though.

Now, a little kid like this handling firearms would be an enormous scandal back home, oioioi - but honestly, in a country with a gun-'culture' like here or maybe over in the US (?) i think it might be much better to know what one's doing, just in case ... 

And as far as this here story goes, yes, as commented by some already it seems she's handling it much better than plenty of the so called grown-ups here. 

When I was in high school--12-18 years old--I was a member of the school shooting team. I brought my guns to school two or three times a week. I all the years my high school had a gun club, not one accidental--or on purpose--shooting occurred. However, in later years the anti-gun lobby got many of the gun clubs removed from high schools.

When my son went to high school, he was expelled for carrying a gun on school property--it was actually a broken paintball gun. One of the teachers saw it in the back of his Jeep Cherokee as it was parked on the street beside the school. The principal of the school was anti-gun and imposed a zero-tolerance gun policy at the school--the state law was no guns on school property. They were making an example of my son--it made no difference to the principal that it was a paintball gun or that it was broken. My son was facing criminal charges and was not going to be allowed back in any school in that county. I talked with the principal and he chastised me for being a poor parent and allowing my son to carry guns to school. I told him what he could do with his opinion.

Trying to save my son, I went through the zoning plans for our town and found the street where my son had parked was not school property. I contacted my cousin, a lawyer, and he contacted the school board. All charges were dropped and my son was accepted back into that high school. The over-reacting anti-gun principal was transferred to another school and assigned as a 6th grade science teacher.

6 hours ago, sugarcane24 said:

I disagree. She has learned a useful skill she may one day be able to put to use as a trained gunsmith.

By contrast, school is in my experience mostly a waste of time, not to mention a violation of young people's minds due to the indoctrination they are subjected to in order to perpetuate the lies which society is based on.   

I hope u were not sober when u wrote that piecr of nonsense.

4 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

BS.   "Child labor..."  LOL   This is backwards thinking.   Kids should be taught a healthy respect for firearms and how to handle them safely from the earliest possible age by a responsible and knowledgeable adult, and that should be considered mandatory if there are going to be any guns in the home (even locked up - kids can be incredibly ingenious about getting into things they're curious about and surprisingly bashful about simply asking).  They're inevitably going to be curious about guns, and the way to deal with that is openness, instruction and supervision, not pretending they don't exist or have any valid purpose.   It's the attitude that they're something to be "meshed round with" that causes all the trouble and leads to their misuse, abuse, and to accidents, NOT responsible instruction and adult awareness.  From the article, it sounds like this dad has trained his daughter well.  Nine or ten was about the age I was first taught about firearms as well (though I certainly couldn't disassemble & reassemble a 357 Magnum like this girl obviously can at that age!), and it left me with a lifelong safety awareness and capability I'm grateful for. 

Kids and guns i not find it an ideal combination but if u guys want your kids to clean and repair guns than its ur choice.

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Or the gunsmith who lets his children play with them?

He did not let her "play" with them.

Her Dad learnt her something she can use as a profession later in life.

Some parents learn their kids to play the piano from a young age.

Some let them learn boxing at a sportschool.

Some give them singing lessons.

Makes that feel you better than learning a kid the gunsmith profession?

What's the difference?

You think she is better off as a barhostess when she is a grown up?

She will be a very good gunsmith and I think sought after later in life.

Some things you never forget.i can still remember how to strip down a Bren 303 and clean it and put it back together again.My best time was about 2 minutes,but i guess it would be lot longer now.Anybody remember the cleaning kit for the Lee Enfield 303.It was kept in the butt piece and it had a 'pull through'

Those were the days.

Archived