rooster59

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The cover follows a series of attacks on Berlin's policies by Trump and his aides, marking a rapid deterioration in German relations with the United States. Chancellor Angela Merkel was the go-to European ally for former U.S. president Barack Obama, who praised her as "an outstanding partner".

Come on Donald you cannot have it both ways. Friendships are bonds don't be fickle. 

The Der Spiegel cover was done to make a statement.  It did that and brought about controversy.  The whole issue which centers around immigration is a lot of talk about nothing.  It's a temporary ban until the government can figure out a way of verifying the bonafides of the persons entering the USA from 7 countries. It's become the cause célèbre for the left to claim Trump and his administration is racist or anti muslim.  Quite frankly I which the USA would stop all visas but tourist and business for six months until they figure out what the hell is going on relating to immigration/refugee policy.  

This idea of a multiethnic world is a bunch of crap.  No one integrates anymore because the masses of immigrants are just to big to absorb. They settle in their own ghettos and stay there, never accepting the ways of the countries to which they immigrate.  I say slow it all down.  I don't live in the USA anymore as Los Angeles is filled with areas of Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, et al.  We print election ballots in seven languages in addition to English meaning that in the time these people have lived in the USA and gone through the citizenship process they still can't or won't learn English.  I am all for accepting those immigrants that are here in the USA legally or illegally except the felons. But there needs to be a halt to the process until there is time to integrate those that are here into society rather than having a country with so many ethnic interest groups it can't function.  Just look at Paris, Belgium, Germany, Sweden with the masses of immigrants that have not, cannot, and will not intigrate.  It's all a mess that is not going away.  It's all thanks to the liberals with Kumbaya spirit and ideas of a utopian world while in reality native citizens are out of work, on welfare and other social programs.  Great going!

The Germans! all I have been reading and seeing for the past year is muslim gangs roaming the streets of germany, assaulting their women, rioting, preventing the police from certain areas! way to go!  maybe if trump would send Germany more muslims they would appreciate it! just love watching these people squirm!

Taking emotion and politics out, viewing this as a command and control exercise, it's interesting to watch Trump switch off the Auto-Pilot and tap the brakes to see how the US Government behemoth responds.   It's important to know that you CAN stop.  Also important to know if you can't. 

I lived/worked in the ME for quite a while, and a number of times the government put a full stop on certain nationalities if they felt the liberal visa/entry policy was being abused or too many were coming in and taking the piss.   The US is well within its rights to do so.  The tears and gnashing of teeth indicates to me it should of been done quite some time ago.  

Edited by 55Jay

10 hours ago, Trouble said:

The Der Spiegel cover was done to make a statement.  It did that and brought about controversy.  The whole issue which centers around immigration is a lot of talk about nothing.  It's a temporary ban until the government can figure out a way of verifying the bonafides of the persons entering the USA from 7 countries. It's become the cause célèbre for the left to claim Trump and his administration is racist or anti muslim.  Quite frankly I which the USA would stop all visas but tourist and business for six months until they figure out what the hell is going on relating to immigration/refugee policy.  

This idea of a multiethnic world is a bunch of crap.  No one integrates anymore because the masses of immigrants are just to big to absorb. They settle in their own ghettos and stay there, never accepting the ways of the countries to which they immigrate.  I say slow it all down.  I don't live in the USA anymore as Los Angeles is filled with areas of Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, et al.  We print election ballots in seven languages in addition to English meaning that in the time these people have lived in the USA and gone through the citizenship process they still can't or won't learn English.  I am all for accepting those immigrants that are here in the USA legally or illegally except the felons. But there needs to be a halt to the process until there is time to integrate those that are here into society rather than having a country with so many ethnic interest groups it can't function.  Just look at Paris, Belgium, Germany, Sweden with the masses of immigrants that have not, cannot, and will not intigrate.  It's all a mess that is not going away.  It's all thanks to the liberals with Kumbaya spirit and ideas of a utopian world while in reality native citizens are out of work, on welfare and other social programs.  Great going!

Don't those arriving from these countries and others by air require a visa?

What is so bad with your existing visa process that it requires existing visas to not be respected?

Its not as if the USA is receiving hundreds of thousands by boat!

No, I don't buy any of the reasons for calling an immediate ban with no notice. To me, it's beyond foolish; it's almost inconceivably moronic. Giving the Islamists a propaganda coup for nothing.

The only possible reason is to get Likes from American rightwing types.

10 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The krauts can't stand the fact they have made a massive blunder that could see them and their culture be usurped by an alien culture..So they ridicule those with gonads to do the job required..Shame you squareheads 

"Krauts", "Square Heads".

Isn't that just a little passé?

It seems that the Germans show substantially more humanity in many ways than Americans these days.....

11 hours ago, Trouble said:

I refer to this part of your post : " This idea of a multiethnic world is a bunch of crap.  No one integrates anymore because the masses of immigrants are just to big to absorb. They settle in their own ghettos and stay there, never accepting the ways of the countries to which they immigrate.  I say slow it all down.  I don't live in the USA anymore as Los Angeles is filled with areas of Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, et al.."

There is a trend, in western European countries, since around 2005, for young people to leave and settle in eastern Europe countries like Hungary - though the wagess there are 3 to 4 times lower .. they usually say they prefer to live in more ethnical homogeneous environment ,  among with people who share and practice the same faith - and feel they belong to the same cultural roots, this is a matter of Identity ;  white & christian . They say they would not return to their home countries ( except for a short period of time, to earn  more money quickly when needed). And it is true that Hungary's Orban as well as other easter europeans , Poles, Lettons, etc..  openly want to shut the door to muslim migration to Europe.. and are reluctant to receive refugees coming from  muslim countries. They refuse ethnic diversity.

Edited by Opl

2 hours ago, Opl said:

I refer to this part of your post : " This idea of a multiethnic world is a bunch of crap.  No one integrates anymore because the masses of immigrants are just to big to absorb. They settle in their own ghettos and stay there, never accepting the ways of the countries to which they immigrate.  I say slow it all down.  I don't live in the USA anymore as Los Angeles is filled with areas of Chinese, Koreans, Mexicans, et al.."

There is a trend, in western European countries, since around 2005, for young people to leave and settle in eastern Europe countries like Hungary - though the wagess there are 3 to 4 times lower .. they usually say they prefer to live in more ethnical homogeneous environment ,  among with people who share and practice the same faith - and feel they belong to the same cultural roots, this is a matter of Identity ;  white & christian . They say they would not return to their home countries ( except for a short period of time, to earn  more money quickly when needed). And it is true that Hungary's Orban as well as other easter europeans , Poles, Lettons, etc..  openly want to shut the door to muslim migration to Europe.. and are reluctant to receive refugees coming from  muslim countries. They refuse ethnic diversity.

We need a serious debate about this. 

As you will will be aware, I am rather anti Muslim because of their failure to integrate, the social mores and then the way they flaunt their identity 

I do not have a problem with any others 

So how to preserve civilised society? I don't mind some diversity, I'm an aetheist after all.

All off topic of course

Would be an interesting new thread though ?

6 hours ago, captspectre said:

The Germans! all I have been reading and seeing for the past year is muslim gangs roaming the streets of germany, assaulting their women, rioting, preventing the police from certain areas! way to go!  maybe if trump would send Germany more muslims they would appreciate it! just love watching these people squirm!

And what Hollywood - movie did you see this in?

Because the reality is nothing like that!

truth is truth! Trump is killing the democracy in US and trying to install fascism instead.

Kudos for Der Spiegel putting this fact like a slap with this cover! Sometime agitation and slaps are the only way for waking people up!

and Murricans get offended on this it looks like:) well, reality hurts:)

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

how about the "world" news"?many news channels including that scum bag channel cnn. for the past year? where you been?

Among some other places: Germany! The country I lived 4/5 of my life in!

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

that explains it! germany is up to it's arm pits in the immigration mess! rpe's robberies, killings. assaults. better you than us.

Again: in what reality? On what planet? In what universe?

Alternative facts are not facts!

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

that explains it! germany is up to it's arm pits in the immigration mess! rpe's robberies, killings. assaults. better you than us.

Really? Got any actual numbers to cite?  For every year I can find, Germany's crime rate is well below the USA. Trump claims the USA is having its highest murder rate in 47 years. Which is false.

Edited by ilostmypassword

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Trouble said:

It's all thanks to the liberals with Kumbaya spirit and ideas of a utopian world while in reality native citizens are out of work, on welfare and other social programs.

Image result for Anti immigrant; when are you leaving

against-immigration-leaving.jpg

Lol, I love that argument...

So the Native Americans were "Magicked" there & didn't crawl out of the swamp like the rest of us? So what makes them any less of an immigrant than a modern day American who's family landed on Plymouth Rock?

Joking aside, "Immigration" is a fairly modern concept (at least the laws around it are) so claiming somebody who's family has been there for hundreds of years is an immigrant is a bit off.

27 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Lol, I love that argument...

So the Native Americans were "Magicked" there & didn't crawl out of the swamp like the rest of us? So what makes them any less of an immigrant than a modern day American who's family landed on Plymouth Rock?

Joking aside, "Immigration" is a fairly modern concept (at least the laws around it are) so claiming somebody who's family has been there for hundreds of years is an immigrant is a bit off.

The pre Columbian inhabitants of the Americans were the first humans there.

Of course, if one goes back far enough then all of us who don't live in East Africa are descended from immigrants!

How long do people have to live somewhere before they are no longer classed by some as an immigrant? I have a friend whose grandparents immigrated to the UK from Pakistan. Both his parents were born in the UK, as was he. Yet some people consider him to be an immigrant.

The pre Columbian inhabitants of the Americans were the first humans there.

Of course, if one goes back far enough then all of us who don't live in East Africa are descended from immigrants!

How long do people have to live somewhere before they are no longer classed by some as an immigrant? I have a friend whose grandparents immigrated to the UK from Pakistan. Both his parents were born in the UK, as was he. Yet some people consider him to be an immigrant.

My point exactly, how long/ many generations does there need to be before somebody is not considered an Immigrant?

Surely it's just 1 & anybody born to a (naturalised) Citizen isn't an Immigrant, max 2 (Grandparents naturalised).

Having said that I have a mate who was born in Kenya to Indian parents, moved to the UK when he was around 4 & he's more British than I (who's ancestry is 100% British) am, though he has lived there a couple of years longer than me (being 6 years older).

13 minutes ago, JB300 said:

My point exactly, how long/ many generations does there need to be before somebody is not considered an Immigrant?

Surely it's just 1 & anybody born to a (naturalised) Citizen isn't an Immigrant, max 2 (Grandparents naturalised).

Quite.

But there are many who disagree; even on here, and only accept that people stop being an immigrant when they are white!

38 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Quite.

But there are many who disagree; even on here, and only accept that people stop being an immigrant when they are white!

True and not only in the US, if you look like a foreigner ( in a race and ethnicity point of view)  . . the question is about the distinction between " identity " (ethnic background, culture, values, faith,  ie " WASP" as the US dominant community)    and "citizenship" ( linked to acquisition of ID documents ° in  countries is in the midst of a demographic shift driven by immigration and intermarriage ' although it seems that - for immigrants-  the " American way of life" is easier to assimilate than other western countries( of the" old world") "sense of identity ".

Edited by Opl

Trump is all about fascism , the rest of the world with real democracies will attack him in the media every week , get used to it.  I hope Donald will get all the attention he deserves, 

Edited by balo