10-year old boy accidentally shot himself dead with a handgun

snoop1130

10-year old boy accidentally shot himself dead with a handgun

936_Boy.jpg

A ten-year old boy accidentally shot himself to death when he unknowingly toyed with a loaded home-made handgun at his house in Kabin Buri district of Prachin Buri on Sunday.

Police who later went to the house in Tambon Lattakien to investigate the incident found the victim lying in a pool of blood with a gunshot wound on his right eye. They also found a home-made shotgun pistol falling on the floor next to the victim’s body.

The victim’s 8-year old brother told the police that he was at home with his brother after their grand parents went out. He said his brother then took out their grandfather’s pistol from concealment and toyed with it while he went to the restroom.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/10-year-old-boy-accidentally-shot-dead-handgun/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-2-6

Why is the gun so easily accessible and, doesn't the idiot grandfather know to keep a gun unloaded at home? Or perhaps he's keeping it loaded and easily accessible so he can just shoot whoever pisses him off, like most gun-totting cowboys in LOS?

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

The English department at Thai PBS (The Broadcaster you can trust" continues to improve as the years go by.

"Shot himself dead......Killed himself"

"a home-made shotgun pistol falling      laying on the floor" 

I think the point of the story is that some poor 10 year old kid shot himself and is dead and that came across!

33 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

Why do these idiots have firearms easily accessible?

Gun safe?

And presumably loaded!

I note the 8-year-old was suspiciously "in the toilet" when it happened. Very convenient.

Myself I learnt from a very early age never to look down a barrel of a gun,how to swim,cross the road safely,stay away from fire and electric,don't eat something you are not sure about,what do these children get taught at school? Has anyone ever noticed that when Thais buy toys for the boys it's always a plastic gun or dagger.no Lego or airfix modelling out here.

6 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

Myself I learnt from a very early age never to look down a barrel of a gun,how to swim,cross the road safely,stay away from fire and electric,don't eat something you are not sure about,what do these children get taught at school? Has anyone ever noticed that when Thais buy toys for the boys it's always a plastic gun or dagger.no Lego or airfix modelling out here.

If the parents don't know any better, how can you expect them to teach their kids not to look down the barrel of a gun, swim, etc.?

From nothing comes nothing. 

First the parents have to be educated and ONLY then will they have any knowledge/advice to pass on. 

16 minutes ago, djayz said:

If the parents don't know any better, how can you expect them to teach their kids not to look down the barrel of a gun, swim, etc.?

First the parents have to be educated and ONLY then will they have any knowledge/advice to pass on. 

Oh well that's the next few generations flicked then.was going to mention the teachers but they need educating as well.

Edited by The man from udon
Added comment

29 minutes ago, djayz said:

I'm guessing that the parents of these boys were nowhere to be seen. The boy said they were AT HOME at the grandparents. Normal in Thailand of course, where the actual parents rarely seem to raise their own kids.

32 minutes ago, djayz said:

And to be educated, the government of the day needs to be adequately educated.

25 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Gun deaths in Thailand are double the rate of the USA. Everyone always berates the USA for gun deaths instead because no-one gives a rat's fart about Thailand. I'm not an American, by the way,

Where did you find that information?

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

Thailand is not even on this list.

14 minutes ago, Bendi said:

Where did you find that information?

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

Thailand is not even on this list.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/11/thailand-gun-death-rate-twice-high-us

Or Google gun deaths in Thailand. Plenty there, including a link to a TV thread.

Isnt it terrible,that when i read stories like this,i am no longer surprised or shocked.I am now indifferent to these events because of their regular occurrence.It seem s that Thai people who own guns,learn absolutely nothing from these child death's.

I feel wrong for feeling like this,but i cant help it.