Quiet at Savan immigration today.

I had an easy run today at Savannakhet immigration. 3rd 1yr non O based on marraige multi entry. 45 mins all in. I turned up around 10 when the queue had died down.

Unfortunately a Philipino couple requiring single entry tourist visa to Thailand were not so lucky. Savan immigration asking them for bank statement or proof of funds, address or accomodation in Thailand and copy of ticket for leaving Thailand.

I would leave it a bit later going to avoid the chicken run. Lady at counter quick and efficient.

• Like 1

May I ask you, Baneko, if you were asked for proof of financial means? Or did you provide this without being asked?
I did my application today for a multi-entry non-o based on marriage. I did provide a copy of my bank book which has 400k+ on it. Iw as not specifically asked for it, but just had this copy between the other copies.

I regret that I provided this, because I plan was not to show it at first just to know if they would specifically ask me for it or not. I know in the past Savannakhet was the place where you didn't need to show the financial proof...
I promised to check this for a friend of mine who is married but currently does not have the funds yet.

After the application I remembered that I promised to check this, but since I had already provided my bank book , I was not sure if it was really necessary or if he just took it because i gave all the docs at once. I walked back to the counter to ask him if it was necessary for this marriage visa to provide the financial proof. And he told me that yes, a bank statement is necessary...
I hope for those who do not have the money/ want to show the money, that I am wrongly informed.

It was quiet today as well. But I saw a few guys getting refused, but for as far as I could understand that was all for tourist visas. One guy with Japanese passport had too many tourists visas already. He spoke Thai fluently, and was refused and was told he should get a business or other type of non-immigrant visa. And I picked up the conversation of an Australian guy with the guy behind the counter. He was applying for a tourist visa. He has a Thai wife. Not sure if he permanently lives in TH, or not, But he was told to bring a bank statement. He told his account has no money on it, because his wife does all the finances... He was sent refused and told he should come back with the correct documents.

I still need to wait till tomorrow afternoon for picking up my passport, but it seems like that whenever they take your documents and the payment, that you will be fine. At least they are kind enough to tell you at the counter if the documents are insufficient. Because legally they could just take whatever you provide, let you pay, and then the next day you receive your passport and hear the visa was refused and no money being returned.

Previously I was on the same multi-entry marriage visa, but my last visa run (about 3 months ago) to Aranya Prathet the officer told me I should get a Marriage visa.
I told him, that I AM on a marriage visa... A multi-entry, so this visa should allow me to enter as many times as I like. He told they don't allow the visa runs. He wrote something about this with his pen in my passport and on my arrival/ departure card. But he let me in, but warned me it would be the last time...

Anyway, hope to hear about others if they were asked for financial proof for a multi-entry marriage non-o visa or not.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, onflipflops said:

Thanks DeepinThailand & Doiger for confirming. Did you visit this consulate recently?

I am not sure why the guy behind the counter told me it is necessary.

I was there Monday last week

Edited by Doiger

OK Doiger, thanks for confirming that. That is recent enough that the chance it has changed over the last couple nights is very small.

Am happy to hear even though for me personally showing the funds won't be a problem, but for those who can not show it, I feel for them as I have been in the same situation before.

Just now, onflipflops said:

OK Doiger, thanks for confirming that. That is recent enough that the chance it has changed over the last couple nights is very small.

Am happy to hear even though for me personally showing the funds won't be a problem, but for those who can not show it, I feel for them as I have been in the same situation before.

I had proof as well just in case but was never asked for it, only people that seemed to be getting refused when I was there was people applying for tourist visas

12 minutes ago, crickets said:

there are rumors of no more in and out non o ext....might have to stay for 48 hours

I have always had to overnight never heard of an in and out ME. What's the mail on possible 48 hours?

16 minutes ago, starky said:

I have always had to overnight never heard of an in and out ME. What's the mail on possible 48 hours?

What I think he means (But I could be wrong) is that normally when your permission to stay (90 days with a Non-O) has ended you could go to a neighboring country and come back the same day (the so called In-Out) to get a new 90 day stamp if you have a ME (Multiple Entry) Non-O. And thus according to the rumors (he heard) you can't do that anymore but have to stay out of the country for 48 hours before coming back in

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, crickets said:

there was a post here last week put im not sure where.....poipet said u have to stay 48 hrs next time.

Oke thx.  Poi Pet has been in pain in the .... even when crossing with a Valid NON-O ME. At some point (I believe) they (Poi-Pet /Aran) were refusing people to re-enter with NON-O's.

Edit: Found a topic about it

Edited by MJCM

7 minutes ago, crickets said:

there was a post here last week put im not sure where.....poipet said u have to stay 48 hrs next time.

Poi Pet has been reported as telling people they cannot do a crossing there. I have seen nothing about them saying 48 hours. Just to fly out and back or use another crossing.

The only place I have ever seen or heard about the 48 hours is some false info posted on a honorary Thai consulates website in the UK.

There is no 48 hour requirement and IMO there will never to be one.

• Like 1

I got my multi-entry non-o based on marriage at savanakhe 2 month ago. No funds in account, and was not asked for it.

Got granted 90 days stay, when I returned to Mukdahan.

Went to the emigration in Mukdahan before the 90 days, and showed proof ( from the Danish embassy ) of hawing an income of over 400,000 TBH a year.

Got a phone call from the emigration 3 days ago, that they had received the papers back from head office, and I could come and get my passport stamped.

Got stamped the passport yesterday with: Permission to stay in Thailand till 14 Feb. 2018.

Just  got back myself 3rd visa in a row from there smooth and easy no proof of funds for Multiple O based on Marriage 

very quiet about 20 people total they were checking funds for other visa's the guy in front of me who was getting a Volunteer Visa did not bring proof of funds (a whopping 5000 Euro was required) but he went off and printed his bank statement  off from the internet and got his visa after showing the 5000 Euro

Other than that very smooth easy process 

Savankanett is still the most boring town on the planet

• Like 2

A little off topic but can anyone tell me if you can still do a 90 day  in/out at Masei on a 12 month ME Non-O (Marriage). I live in CM area so it's the most economical place for me. Secondly do they require proof of funds & how much would be required since each stay is only 90 days. Thirdly how many times can one do this for & do you have to go to different Immigration Points over the year?

13 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

A little off topic but can anyone tell me if you can still do a 90 day  in/out at Masei on a 12 month ME Non-O (Marriage). I live in CM area so it's the most economical place for me. Secondly do they require proof of funds & how much would be required since each stay is only 90 days. Thirdly how many times can one do this for & do you have to go to different Immigration Points over the year?

You can do as many out/in crossings as you want to at Mae Sai since you have a valid visa. There is no limit on them.

No financial proof is asked for.

• Like 1

May I ask you, Baneko, if you were asked for proof of financial means? Or did you provide this without being asked?
I did my application today for a multi-entry non-o based on marriage. I did provide a copy of my bank book which has 400k+ on it. Iw as not specifically asked for it, but just had this copy between the other copies.

I regret that I provided this, because I plan was not to show it at first just to know if they would specifically ask me for it or not. I know in the past Savannakhet was the place where you didn't need to show the financial proof...
I promised to check this for a friend of mine who is married but currently does not have the funds yet.

After the application I remembered that I promised to check this, but since I had already provided my bank book , I was not sure if it was really necessary or if he just took it because i gave all the docs at once. I walked back to the counter to ask him if it was necessary for this marriage visa to provide the financial proof. And he told me that yes, a bank statement is necessary...
I hope for those who do not have the money/ want to show the money, that I am wrongly informed.

It was quiet today as well. But I saw a few guys getting refused, but for as far as I could understand that was all for tourist visas. One guy with Japanese passport had too many tourists visas already. He spoke Thai fluently, and was refused and was told he should get a business or other type of non-immigrant visa. And I picked up the conversation of an Australian guy with the guy behind the counter. He was applying for a tourist visa. He has a Thai wife. Not sure if he permanently lives in TH, or not, But he was told to bring a bank statement. He told his account has no money on it, because his wife does all the finances... He was sent refused and told he should come back with the correct documents.

I still need to wait till tomorrow afternoon for picking up my passport, but it seems like that whenever they take your documents and the payment, that you will be fine. At least they are kind enough to tell you at the counter if the documents are insufficient. Because legally they could just take whatever you provide, let you pay, and then the next day you receive your passport and hear the visa was refused and no money being returned.

Previously I was on the same multi-entry marriage visa, but my last visa run (about 3 months ago) to Aranya Prathet the officer told me I should get a Marriage visa.
I told him, that I AM on a marriage visa... A multi-entry, so this visa should allow me to enter as many times as I like. He told they don't allow the visa runs. He wrote something about this with his pen in my passport and on my arrival/ departure card. But he let me in, but warned me it would be the last time...

Anyway, hope to hear about others if they were asked for financial proof for a multi-entry marriage non-o visa or not.

I showed no proof of finances although had it just incase. Gave them the bare minimum. All good.

Just  got back myself 3rd visa in a row from there smooth and easy no proof of funds for Multiple O based on Marriage 

very quiet about 20 people total they were checking funds for other visa's the guy in front of me who was getting a Volunteer Visa did not bring proof of funds (a whopping 5000 Euro was required) but he went off and printed his bank statement  off from the internet and got his visa after showing the 5000 Euro

Other than that very smooth easy process 

Savankanett is still the most boring town on the planet

The night market isnt that bad. Got a band on until around 11.30 in one of the places and Lins Cafe has OK food. Your right not much on.

On 2/7/2017 at 1:15 PM, baneko said:

had an easy run today at Savannakhet immigration. 3rd 1yr non O based on marraige multi entry. 45 mins all in. I turned up around 10 when the queue had died down.

You forgot to mention that you hand in one day and collect the next, it is no longer a same day service. Your post is a little misleading.