So What Do You Guy’s Pay For Road Tax

RedStain

I was talking to my Friends wife (Thai) about how much road tax they pay per year for there pick up (2.7 cc Petrol Two door, king cab) and she told me that she pay’s 900 Baht a year in road tax,…. one other thing she also mentioned was that if the vehicle Is registered in a Thais name the road tax is less,..(Will have to get your thoughts on that one..?) Than if it were registered in a foreigner’s name (the pick up is in her name not my friends)

Just to try and understand the road tax system here, can any forum members post how much they pay every year for their road tax, I’ve heard it’s some thing to do with the vehicles engine size, number of doors, and seating capacity …?

So what do you guy’s pay …?

Thank you …….

Just to try and understand the road tax system here, can any forum members post how much they pay every year for their road tax, I’ve heard it’s some thing to do with the vehicles engine size, number of doors, and seating capacity …?

Definitely wrong about a dual standard for road tax payment. When I got my car about 11 years ago (2nd hand - 3 years old) the registration book shows that the previous owner (Thai) paid 2892.00 baht and the price reduces after the 2nd year. When I paid my first tax on it it was 2317.00 baht and now is 1446.00 baht and flat (stops reducing I believe after 7 years).

Engine size, number of doors, seating all fit into the equation. Mine is a four door, 5 seat, 2000 cc turbo and imported (Nissan Bluebird SSS). I believe they use books to evaluate the taxation and there is no farang price/Thai price in it. Same with income Tax, no dual standards there either.

I was talking to my Friends wife (Thai) about how much road tax they pay per year for there pick up (2.7 cc Petrol Two door, king cab) and she told me that she pay’s 900 Baht a year in road tax,…. one other thing she also mentioned was that if the vehicle Is registered in a Thais name the road tax is less,..(Will have to get your thoughts on that one..?) Than if it were registered in a foreigner’s name (the pick up is in her name not my friends)

Thank you …….

She knows nothing about road tax. But good excuse to have it in her name.

I am thinking of looking at getting a new Toyota 3.0 Lt – 2 door Prerunner, and just wondered what the Road tax may be on this model..? Any one know please

Thanks

The annual road tax on that will be 1050 Baht. You will find that the engine size is actually slightly smaller than 3.0 litre as that is the threshold of the next level of tax. I'm told a 4 door model is about 6400 Baht.

can anybody confirm what i was told a long time ago?

..... that road tax is considerably cheaper for pick-ups than it is for cars? This was allegedly originally a concession for farmers (like red diesel in England), but because of the cheap tax, everybody & his dad bought a pick-up. Hence why there are so many of them.

Any truth in it?

If there's not much difference now, maybe it was true originally?

Merry Christmas to all board members & families.

Thank you …….

Two cars, both registered in my Thai wife's name. Fortuner 2.7 gasoline (Mar 2006) tax is shown as 5,676 for 2006 and same for 2007. Yaris (Apr 2006) is 1,644.