Thai restaurant owner in US advises Thais not to go to America during Trump presidency

snoop1130

Thai restaurant owner in US advises Thais not to go to America during Trump presidency

By Coconuts Bangkok

trumpunch.jpg

Coconuts photo mockup.

One woman is advising Thais who want to work, live or study in the States to put their plans on hold for the next four years while Donald Trump is president.

Trump has only been president for a few weeks but his harsh policies on immigration are already being felt by foreigners in the U.S., including Thais that are working both with and without proper documentation.

The new world leader has already signed off on an order for a 90-day ban on anyone coming from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen; 120-day ban on refugees and an indefinite ban on Syrian refugees.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/02/09/thai-restaurant-owner-us-advises-thais-not-go-america-during-trump-presidency

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-2-9

These types of restaurants are infamous for hiring illegal aliens, so they can pay less than minimum wage and avoid payroll taxes.  

Workers get no benefits and are usually treated very poorly.  

The government (usually the IRS) is more interested in going after restaurant owners, than the workers.

I'd be happy to report this scumbag to the IRS.

This is laughable. A complaint from a Thai worried that the USA are going to get tough on Thai workers, working illegally, who use their " illegal wages " to assist their Thai families back home!!!

She then advocates any Thai wanting to work illegally, to wait four years until Trump leaves office! News for you lady, it might be eight years before he leaves office. We need mention that whoever takes over in the White House will not be welcoming of illegal immigrants from Thailand working either, just like Thailand does not welcome Westerners.

Does this clown see or actually comprehend how badly her country takes care of foreigners? No, not for a minute. It's the usual Thai blinkered vision that they are doing absolutely nothing wrong in taking American jobs, albeit low paid unskilled ones. If it were Thailand, the guilty foreigner would be paraded before the press with all the due " finger pointing " and shouts of shame on you!

Then in shock horror, she recommends they wait until Trump leaves office or run the risk of " blacklisting " for working illegally. Well madam, that is precisely what happens to foreigners in Thailand and often blacklisted for much less!

If a Thai is a green card holder and has all legal paperwork they have nothing to fear. More to the point, is it Thai restaurant owners seeking to exploit labour laws and minimum rates of pay by paying lower cash in hand rates with a rice soup thrown in for lunch to students in need of work?

I even saw recently in the press, Thais recently complaining about Taiwan and Japan clamping down on Thais who deliberately overstay their allocated visa free allowance and many of them caught working under the radar.

The pure brazenness of the Thai amazes me and they take about " face " They have more cheek than an elephants backside!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rijb said:

These types of restaurants are infamous for hiring illegal aliens, so they can pay less than minimum wage and avoid payroll taxes.  

Workers get no benefits and are usually treated very poorly.  

The government (usually the IRS) is more interested in going after restaurant owners, than the workers.

I'd be happy to report this scumbag to the IRS.

Yep same thing happens in Aust thais abusing their own and paying them peanuts in restuarants 

9 hours ago, wxpwzrd said:

Actually the article sounds more like it is saying "don't come to the US because you can't work illegally"

yup, exactly.

takes some rhetoric contorsion to convert that into xenophobia.

Hypothetically speaking, I wonder what would happen if Trump implemented laws like here in Thailand... I wonder what the Politically Corrects would say if:

-- Thais cannot own land

-- Double standard pricing...

-- No matter if innocent the Thais would be found guilty because they are Thais...

-- Cannot get a credit card

-- Cannot get a bank loan

Please feel free to add to the list...

I just wonder...

The food service industry would probably have to close, impacting millions of owners/operators and "legal" workers, if illegals stopped picking fruit/veg, stopped working in kitchens, etc. Lawns would grow wildly out of control, driveways un-shoveled, houses unpainted....

An amazingly high percentage of illegals actually pay taxes, obviously.

But thinking things through seems like anathema to the Trumpers.

There are probably a few categories of "illegal" Thais in the U.S.: spouse/fiancee overstaying, students overstaying, tourists overstaying. The total is probably less than 15,000? But the Thai government obviously would have the details.

Edited by mtls2005

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The food service industry would probably have to close, impacting millions of owners/operators and "legal" workers, if illegals stopped picking fruit/veg, stopped working in kitchens, etc. Lawns would grow wildly out of control, driveways un-shoveled, houses unpainted....

There are probably a few categories of "illegal" Thais in the U.S.: spouse/fiancee overstaying, students overstaying, tourists overstaying. The total is probably less than 15,000? But the Thai government obviously would have the details.

I gather you are ok with illegals working and living in your country?

Paying taxes is not the issue, illegal is the issue.

9 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I gather you are ok with illegals working and living in your country?

Paying taxes is not the issue, illegal is the issue.

Yes, ABSOLUTELY. 

Although I would favor immigration reform, amnesty and a pathway to citizenship. I think a significant majority of Americans support this position as well.

A lot of the original people who came to America were "illegals"; bloody English and Dutch.

Kieft's War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieft's_War

The Pavonia Massacre

https://anothertownonthehudson.com/2015/06/05/the-pavonia-massacre/

Edited by mtls2005

“Thai restaurant owner in US advises Thais not to go to America during Trump presidency.”

She probably just doesn't want any competition from someone who might offer a better product, instead of improving her own offerings. That's not how it's done in other parts of the world. ..Except at the very top

ANOTHER example of fake news published by thai visa! the article deals with Thai's in the U.S. who are there illegally!  Green card holders have the same rights as American Citizens! they can work, go anywhere they want and do NOT have to report their location every 90 days! sounds like the lady is a democrat or is afraid of the competition. in addition she can hire an illegal for far less than a legal resident. My wife lived and worked in the U.S. for over twenty years with a green card, and is entitled to social security and all the benefits that go long with it. when we moved back to Thailand she surrendered her reen card without any penality.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, ABSOLUTELY. 

Although I would favor immigration reform, amnesty and a pathway to citizenship. I think a significant majority of Americans support this position as well.

A lot of the original people who came to America were "illegals"; bloody English and Dutch.

Actually, there was not such thing as "illegal" immigration (Other than the Chinese Exclusion Act) during the big waves of migration during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. One just had to arrive at Ellis Island, pass a physical and have the name of someone whom they were staying with in the states. So when someone says that their ancestors came to America "legally", it's an inaccurate statement. .

during the big waves of migration during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

I was referring to the ~ 270 years before Ellis Island opened, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, although the Native Americans probably wouldn't appreciate my crude attempt at irony?

I can imagine what southern California would be like if they really cracked down on illegals working in the restaurant business.  Many closed restaurants and a giant parking lot full of abandoned "roach coaches".  Workers might actually have to pack a lunch at home to bring to work.

We employed many foreign electronics assemblers, mainly Vietnamese.  If they had a green card they were good to go and received competitive wages and benefits.  If not they were asked to leave!

51 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

What, people in the U.S don't actually mow their own lawns, do maintenance on their homes or other daily tasks?  Always do all this myself and find it rewarding and would never think of exploiting others.

59 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Dramatizing, catastrophizing, being OTT and throwing dummies out of prams is typically the domain of the liberalist snowflake. Makes for garbled and puke-worthy reading and unfortunately the net is infested with it.

He's brash, arrogant and a bit of a fruit-loop, but at least the bloke is trying to clean up his backyard. The bleeding hearts would sooner have the West back in the stone age to agree with their messed up PC principles. 

As for the op: Thai restaurant owner in US advises:cheesy::cheesy:

I also did all of my own maintenance and yard work, but drew the line at housework after my first divorce.   I hired a service that came in once a week.  The two cute girls spoke no English, only Spanish, but I did also.  They would even cook me food once in a while and leave it for dinner.  I can imagine how much trouble that I would have been in if they were Thai with no English skills and ask me if I wanted "fuk" for dinner!

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Hypothetically speaking, I wonder what would happen if Trump implemented laws like here in Thailand... I wonder what the Politically Corrects would say if:

-- Thais cannot own land

-- Double standard pricing...

-- No matter if innocent the Thais would be found guilty because they are Thais...

-- Cannot get a credit card

-- Cannot get a bank loan

Please feel free to add to the list...

I just wonder...

What Thai law prohibits foreigners obtaining credit card or bank loan?

Im a green card holder who has been treated very well by America ! But then again I came legally paid all the fees, been working for ten years, I pay social security and all taxes including property taxes . I'd feel a little aggrieved if  someone came here paid none of the above but received all

the benifits of living in such a great country . You break the rules you can't complain when you get turfed out . I know Thais who have overstayed here worked saved a fortune gone home then came back under a different name to do it all again . 

Edited by chrisandsu

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

So you support illegal immigration what is wrong with a country enforcing it's laws.

They hire illegals that they can treat like crap and under pay.  Ice needs to do raids like they use to do.