Swede feels like a turnip after bike theft in Pattaya

webfact

Swede feels like a turnip after bike theft

3pp.jpg

Picture: Pattayanews

PATTAYA: -- A Swedish tourist was left feeling foolish on Thursday after leaving his motorcycle keys in the ignition at a Big C in Pattaya.

When he realized five minutes later what he had done and raced back to the parking lot his brand new Honda Click was gone.

Kristopher Karlsen, 36, immediately called Pattaya police to the Big C Supercenter in South Pattaya, reported Pattayanews.

He told the cops that he had only bought the bike two months ago. He had some business to do at the store and parked.

But just five minutes later he realized he had been careless and left his keys in the bike. He ran back but it was too late.

Police radioed to patrols to look for the bike but it had disappeared without a trace, reported Pattaya News on Facebook.

Cops will study CCTV in the area to try to find out who might have made off with the bike.

The license plate on the Chonburi registered black vehicle is กฉ 8028.

If you see it please contact Pattaya police - you may make a forgetful Swedish guy very happy.

SourceL Pattayanews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-10

39 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Swede feels like a turnip after bike theft

New one for me. And just how does a turnip feel?

Swedish is a nationality, not a race, so a Swede can look like anyone of any race.

A swede is a large root vegetable in the UK, they are quite good- you usually boil and mash- needs lots of butter and pepper. 

Not so  popular these days- so was meant to be a joke. 

He doesn´t look like a swede. How many time are we going to hear that in this tread. Name doesn´t matter, Looks doesn´t matter. What stands in his passport matters, which I already think is checked by the police taking the information. Hope we cleared that up now!

I see people leave their helmets and sometimes jackets on motorbikes at Big C, but never, ever saw anyone leave the keys.

To be fair, I have seen that at one location in modern USA where people leave their car running when running inside a store.

But generally speaking haven't seen that in the rest of America since the 60's.

Maybe I'm living in a timewarp of honesty or stupidity. ?

A friend of mine did the same thing. Went to the police station in Patong. Police

declined to even make a police report. He insisted standing in front of the window.

They finally relented and took the report. He had his bike for 2 days. It never was

seen again. There was no checking of CCTV video. It was parked 20 meters

from the Bangla Rd, police hut. Oh well.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Stupid is as stupid does. Idiots the world over.

A moments absent mindedness, surely can happen to anyone.

I rarely do it, but have done once, while I was thinking of something else.

Apparently common with some bikes where kicking down the side-stand kills the engine.

I've left my keys in the seat lock a couple of times both at Central Festival the beach, first time the security guard had just retrieved them as I arrived back second time I had got all the way up to the bank on 4th floor before realising ! ran all the way back down to the bike in the parking area of the basement and much to my relief the keys where still where i'd left them....pheww its not a nice feeling.

21 hours ago, DefaultName said:

What kind of tourist BUYS a motorcycle?

Anyone living in Pattaya on a tourist visa ,  Doesn't matter if he stayed here 10 years,  The media will call him a tourist . 

On 2/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, TheFishman1 said:

Me think his mother is Thai like mother meets swede and you can see the result 

He is probably a Lapp. They come from north Sweden and often have an oriental appearance and tend not to be the smartest Turnips in the field