"Outdated" Thai police getting new guns to keep up with the bad guys

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "corruption" remains regardless of new weaponry! The whole RTP needs to be overhauled. To be called the Royal Thai Police is an insult to their King while corruption remains. :post-4641-1156693976:

But I am sure that the new pistols are welcome.

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Could this mean thousands of old guns for sale on the open market?

Exactly...the police are basically an arm of the mafia here...the thought that the police are now going to expand their activities into arms dealing makes me recoil...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The move is part of the "Smart Police" initiative designed to drag the force into the modern era.

Please please no more I can't stand it. Well the dragged into the modern era I agree with kicking and screaming. 70 years since the last upgrade gee that goes back to when Hector was a pup. At least when the water runs out and I am laying there dying of thirst they can dispatch me in a merciful way. Thank the Lord for small mercies. 

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yes, because it's the guns that will transform them from a  bunch of inept, corrupt, lazy #$@#^&%$ into an efficent law enforcement body {albeit a mythical one taken from tv} rather than proper training.

Well it will be a step up from the "Gunfight at the OK corral" mentality today. Geeze I still keep thinking of the RTP trying to push that coffee vendor into the back of a car and the fat "undercover cop?" threatening the person filming it? Even Chang cannot wash that one down. 

Still... they are behind the times.

90 years back the Chinese Army bought up almost the entire world's supply of a particular semi-auto pistol

the Mauser

It was seen by western nations as being a complete failure as an offensive weapon due to it's utter inaccuracy.

The 1st bullet might strike, but the rest flayed towards heaven

The Chinese Army mysteriously were found to have promoted the weapon to their front line, and during the 30's (Manchuria??) during battle the Mauser, failure as it was, and the suspected ill training standard of Chinese troops did not stand in their way from winning their battles, with absolute thanks to the Mauser.

The most inaccurate weapon, even in the minimally trained hands of an incompetent,can win the day.

Entire crowds of protesters can be wiped out, in just one zzziiippppp

How? - well, from history, the Chinese found a way of giving accuracy back into the hands of the automatic pistol bearer...

... hold the weapons sideways (as the modern gangster does).

The recoil, instead of blatting the pistol upwards, instead blatts it sideways.

If it doesn't catch the person you aim at, it will catch the fella next to him, and next to him, and next to him.

A wet splash of redded shirts will be laying all over the street...scratch the bad guys

30 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

And will they come out the other end?

I was told that some revolvers can take them, someone else here says not, the real problem may not be the other end but removing the casing after firing, which may well get stuck, if indeed it goes in in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Are you supporting the  extra judicial killings?  I think that is probably what they had in mind when they asked the question.

Reread my post Shawn0000

I did so with the one I commented on.

Then made a correction as it is the right to do.

Sigh...

Edited by Bluespunk