Lamborghini severed in half but driver unhurt in crash on palm tree

webfact

1 hour ago, 8OA8 said:

I think you will find that if the vehicle is insured, the insurance will cover the cost regardless of whether the driver is charged with speeeeeeeeeding or DUI or indeed whether the driver actually has a licence to drive. 

That would be the stupidest insurance company I have ever heard of.

I think you will find that you're wrong

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 8OA8 said:

I think you will find that if the vehicle is insured, the insurance will cover the cost regardless of whether the driver is charged with speeeeeeeeeding or DUI or indeed whether the driver actually has a licence to drive. 

I thinks you better gets off the juice 555

26 minutes ago, sandemara said:

Obviously the whole mess was the car's fault. It's a shame so many good drivers in Thailand  - in cars, buses, trucks etc - have traffic accidents because they get let down by the failure of crappy mechanical parts. Especially in super-powered vehicles.

Don't forget the road being in bad condition too, making your car hop into the path of an oncoming tree 555

Could we add this to the neighboring article referring to the recent Suan Dusit poll where 85% of respondents believed that Thai youth are out of control. He certainly was. All he wanted to do was to  show how the car can "hop" like the ones in East LA.Damn palm tree. That'll cost him.

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Doing things in business to help win a contract, such as paying for fancy dinners or even paying for holidays is not corruption, that is just how business works.

Paying off the Police to look the other way is corruption.  Not accepting a bid for a large project unless a bribe is paid, that is corruption. 

i  think we  have  different  ideas  on  corruption  then

21 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

I always hate to read "the car lost control" instead of "the bloody stupid driver lost control of the innocent car".

When the vehicle goes air bound that tells you something. I would guess the friendship has come to an end as well. I can understand the concern for the palm tree as the people that can afford these "boy toys' can easily replace them regardless of cost or sting the insurance. No mention of alcohol strange. The lad driving must be way up the pecking order maybe at the untouchable level. A slap on the wrist and send him home to daddy. 

20 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

About 16 - 20m. 

They don't sell them new or produce them anymore. 

A car like that with a limited production run of 350 will certainly hold its price or even appreciate in value over the years, especially as some numpty in Thailand has just totaled his mates car.

To replace it with the same model he will have to find somebody who is willing to part (for a price) 1 of the other 349. The best of luck in doing that.

knock off the corruption nonsense.

fancy cars and lots of money doesn't nearly always mean corruption, not at home and not here either. 

corruption means fraud and bribery.  it doesn't include normal everyday inequality, with Thailand not being the only one good at that now.  with ignorance, not outright corruption, being the key to bliss.... as well as pretty much how it actually works, as well. it can't be all about bribes and fraud... at this scale.

Edited by maewang99

On 2/13/2017 at 6:17 PM, saakura said:

As long as he had a driving license and was not drinking alcohol, this should not be a worry. I dont think anybody owning a lamborgini would be without first class insurance. This car has no way other than being declared a CTL (Comprehensive Total Loss) and the insurance company will pay for a new car less depreciation.

even if not drunk which at 3am is very unusual then he was obviously speeding to get airborne and so why should insurance give the owner a new car,the driver should give his friend a new car !!!

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Most of these supercar "owners" are in debt so deep they never recover and ultimately these vehicles are repo'd. Debt fueled swagger until they realize the bill comes every month! :post-4641-1156693976:

Where do you get that nonsense from?

The guy who owns (owned) this Lambo is a real estate  Billionaire who collects luxury cars.     I doubt very much he is in debt.

The two Thai guys I know with Lambos are far from being in debt.   My friend's telecoms business generates around US$ 150 million a year, which is about 5.2 billion THB.  He has other businesses too, but I don't know what they are worth.

55 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Where do you get that nonsense from?

The guy who owns (owned) this Lambo is a real estate  Billionaire who collects luxury cars.     I doubt very much he is in debt.

The two Thai guys I know with Lambos are far from being in debt.   My friend's telecoms business generates around US$ 150 million a year, which is about 5.2 billion THB.  He has other businesses too, but I don't know what they are worth.

This is not news and has been going on since at least the mid-90's. 

OK so you "doubt" he is in debt. Well that's worth zippo. And you 'know' 2 that are not in debt, for a total of allegedly...2...out of thousands annually.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL3N0RO1KF20141002

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/aec/30253844

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/expensive-living-thailand-now-has-highest-average-household-debt-nine-years/

https://www.ft.com/content/bb229c5c-e3e6-11e4-9a82-00144feab7de

Any more questions? 

50 minutes ago, Naam said:

please be lenient with Skeptic7! he is a vegetarian. owners of expensive cars are carnivorous. :cheesy:

But not necessarily responsible, rich, wealthy or debt free! :vampire:

Edited by Skeptic7