Scam attempt a patong immigration, Don't know what do to

Hello TVF
I gived a try at patong immigration, to do my first 90 days report.

Here is what happened :
- They did my 90 day report, normally
- They asked 300 bahts, and I give it to them at this moment because I believed them
- I got my passport back, with my 90 days report stapled in.
- I asked for a receipt
- They say "no"
- I insist one time, very politely
- They give me a receipt without any name, date or signature on it (the ones you can buy at 7/11), just written "Receipt, 300 bahts"
- I asked for a stamp from immigration.
- They say "no stamp"
- Then they give me back passport and money and told me I have 2 choices :
      - leave the money and keep the notification
      - keep the money and go to phuket town to do it again (free there, like everywhere else)

- Because all of this went very smoothly, with no anger at all from any of us, I choosed to get my money back.

Here is the weird stuff :
They told me that if I choose to get my money back, My 90 report will not be done, and they will remove the paper from my passport.
But they did not remove the paper finally, just asked my to leave without any explanations, with my money and my report regularly stapled.

Here are my questions :
- it looks like they already did the report on computer, and this can no be undone, Am I right ?
- Is there a way to check that my 90 days report have been done properly ?
- is it advisable to report this story to some officials, for exemple in phuket town ?
- from your own experiences, is it advisable to post this kind of stories here ? Any risks ?

Cheers,
Mickael

Can you not do it by post,sure would save a lot of

hassle for you, i suppose they could just go back

into the computer and undo the report,which would

mean next time you report you would be fined for

not reporting,corruption should be reported,BUT

who is brave enough to do it ?

Personally I would go and do it in Phuket,just

to make sure it's done.  good luck.

regards worgeordie

Try to google for corruption hotline. There is one on nr 1111. It probably will not lead to anything unless you got the entire encounter on video + audio. Even then I would be highly suprised if it lead anywhere... 

Honestly I have no idea, im just guessing :)

3 hours ago, exos7 said:

Here are my questions :
- it looks like they already did the report on computer, and this can no be undone, Am I right ?
- Is there a way to check that my 90 days report have been done properly ?

OP, if you have the receipt of notification in your passport then you will have the next report date supported by the IO's signature. Regardless if it is in the computer system, that slip and signature are proof that you did the report.

I'm not sure if Phuket uses the barcode system; we have been getting proper printouts here in Phitsanulok for quite a while now. If your slip is similar to the one below, then you are already in the system.

Receipt of Notification.jpg

Edited by chrisinth

As long as you have the receipt of notification you have made a report and have nothing to worry about. It doesn't matter whether or not they updated the computer record. Your receipt is proof the report was made if queried in the future.

When you meet a bear, or a lion, or whatever predator, DO NOT RUN or show fear!!!

These correupt blood-suckers smells fear, recognise fear, and those weak among us, is the ones that are being exploited by these guys mentioned by the OP...

Glegolo

This 90 day report is theoretically the only record Immigration have of your whereabouts, it is the only report of wherabouts required in writing. I am sure that all extensions require an address but this doesn't count as a report of address. It is surprising that it was not insisted upon for so many years, as though the procedures are handed down by word of mouth, without forums like this Immigration might easily become a very informal affair.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

48 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

This 90 day report is theoretically the only record Immigration have of your whereabouts, it is the only report of wherabouts required in writing. I am sure that all extensions require an address but this doesn't count as a report of address. It is surprising that it was not insisted upon for so many years, as though the procedures are handed down by word of mouth, without forums like this Immigration might easily become a very informal affair.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Are you really saying that a 90 days report doesn´t count for reporting an address? If so, tghat goes against all I know actually..

Glegolo