Prawit defends PM’s brother’s ‘frequent leave’ from legislative meetings

webfact

Prawit defends PM’s brother’s ‘frequent leave’ from legislative meetings
By Kasamakorn Chanwanpen
The Nation

b22c2d3174c647081fddad3215451025.jpeg

Prawit

BANGKOK: -- It is not a problem that Gen Preecha Chan-o-cha, the former Defence permanent secretary and brother of the Prime Minister, takes frequent leave from legislative meetings, said Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan, although a committee is being set up to examine the case.

Preecha took leave under normal regulations of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA), Prawit said.

Preecha has been criticised widely online for taking frequent leave from the NLA despite receiving more than Bt100,000 monthly for serving in the position.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306564

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-17

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Ok cool I'll take the at 100,000 K But I'll show up for meeting's when I feel like it. 

well here's another unethical corrupt incapable gang who collected two salaries, one from abroad on the basis of make no comment about anything, missed many sessions,  never made any statements of offered any discussion when they did attend, and had no hesitation, en masse, to give their voting cards to other gang members...  

1 hour ago, candide said:

He's been too busy with numerous threats to national security such as the Khon Kaen model and various risks of foreign invasion, etc....

He is retired.. ( i know your sarcastic)

This guy really has no excuse, as i said in an other topic.. he should pay back the salary.

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

well here's another unethical corrupt incapable gang who collected two salaries, one from abroad on the basis of make no comment about anything, missed many sessions,  never made any statements of offered any discussion when they did attend, and had no hesitation, en masse, to give their voting cards to other gang members...  

true and lying about it while caught on video, many of the people on both sides are no more then crooks. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

This guy really has no excuse, as i said in an other topic.. he should pay back the salary.

Oooops!  I forgot. So what ares the excuses now? Bingo sessions? Gardening?

:smile:

25 minutes ago, candide said:

Oooops!  I forgot. So what ares the excuses now? Bingo sessions? Gardening?

:smile:

No idea, but if your not showing up.. then pay back the salary.. he really almost never went there. Even if it was all allowed with all the exceptions and such.. if you know your so busy then don't agree to do the job. I have little tolerance of corruption.. no matter on what side. (can't call this really corruption.. more nepotism)

The new gang simple replaced the old one. And the next coup will replace this one. It's the Thai version of democracy, just as twisted and perverse as their version of Buddhism.

I think the new gang are going to be incharge for a long time. The last reform is still awaiting it's debut. The single gateway. Once that is online then it's total control.

Will it change the Thai way of life. No, just a similar setup as the Chinese and Vietnamese have.

Democracy is on hold. As they say in Thailand, "Never mind".

I hope it stays peaceful and the days of violent protest never return to the streets.

15 hours ago, robblok said:

The difference is that this could cost a popularly elected government an election.  Juntas just don't care.  A lousy elected government at least can be voted out. 

Just now, yellowboat said:

The difference is that this could cost a popularly elected government an election.  Juntas just don't care.  A lousy elected government at least can be voted out. 

Not true all the corruption the Shins did never got them voted out.. corruption should not be combated by elections but by tough laws and enforcement. The law is not a popularity contest. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not true all the corruption the Shins did never got them voted out.. corruption should not be combated by elections but by tough laws and enforcement. The law is not a popularity contest. 

He did not break the law.  That is the point.  He did something dishonest.  Like Mrs. Clinton and her email server.  She did something wrong, but not illegal, or illegal enough to warrant being charged.

15 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

He did not break the law.  That is the point.  He did something dishonest.  Like Mrs. Clinton and her email server.  She did something wrong, but not illegal, or illegal enough to warrant being charged.

"shin" was convicted and sentenced to a jail term of 2 years. He IS a criminal, as well as dishonest, and currently a fugitive from justice.

Edited by bangkok101
2g.1

30 minutes ago, Familyaffairs said:

To some being absent it would be termed as dereliction of duty and would get fired (in the commercial sector) or transferred in the government service. Some are more equal than others clearly....

And you might like to remember that in the public sphere the funds involved are the property of all Thais, therefore those entrusted (repeat entrusted) with guarding, and wisely using these funds are subject to a different approach / level of 'punishment'.