Pattaya beer bar attack: woman denied bail as police say call us if there's trouble with drunk tourists

rooster59

22 minutes ago, ezrider62 said:

This is the right answer and she was denied bail I believe. Only a few weeks back a convicted killer was granted bail until sentencing. And what about the other murder suspects that are granted bail, strange?

Then you have those guys who were Given the death sentence and granted bail whilst they apeal

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LandOfWiles said:

It seems difficult to believe that he refused to pay because it was more expensive than the Seven Eleven, especially since he's lived in Thailand for a while. Possibly, he said something like "that's six times the price in the Seven Eleven!". But it seems just as likely that this explanation was a complete fabrication by the bar woman. 

It's also not clear what happened before the video was recorded. Something almost certainly lead up to someone recording it. Maybe a heated argument or maybe the guy first attacked the woman as someone here suggested. In any case, the police should have been called into handle this. 

Do you believe what some Tv members say , not me .

the man was set up by some bar mole , happens all the time in thailand all over the place.

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

Do you believe what some Tv members say , not me .

the man was set up by some bar mole , happens all the time in thailand all over the place.

And do you understand the irony, given your first sentence, of me believing that "the man was set up by some bar mole"?

30 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

i wasnt aware you were a witness, who knows everything that happened at the bar, 

If you don´t realize and see it, it´s a quite general statement. Also based on what´s already reported in the news. Just been out enough to hear too many knuckleheads already.
Sounds to me that you want to put yourself in line for that title ever so sought for.

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

So you're saying if someone doesn't agree with your price you would be in your right to beat the hell out of them.  Remind me not to do business with you.

Not really saying that. Actually saying that you might be one of the knuckleheads that makes the flooding create damage,

2 hours ago, jenifer d said:

yup, i see tourists try to pull that crapola in beach bars here on Lanta...

my friends don't  resort to assault, nor do they wait for (or trust that) the po-po show up- often all that is necessary is for 1 or more burly Thai guys w/iron rods to get up in the cheater's face and bar his further egress 

voila! problem solved w/o violence (merely the threat of same)

My stepson warned me about places like your friend has, Places where, should you stop for a few drinks, your bill will be padded and if you object to it, the bar thugs will intimidate you so you must pay or get hurt

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I ever drink at a bar I pay each time the slip arrives, done and dusted, had a time when I checked the slip when it went in to the cup, been there, done that, ahhhh excuse me, I have one beer, why is there 2 showing on the slip, oh mistake, next beer no bill, next beer arrives, slip shows 2 more beers, ahh excuse me, again bill shows 2 beers, I have had one beer before, and one now, kep tun krup, oh wait, you drink 2 more beers and we not charge you for them, no thanks, here is your money for 2 beers, by-by, and the next bar I had a lady bar drink added when I never bought a gal a drink, and they wonder why they are losing farang customers.

If I buy a beer I pay for it then.  They insist I run a tab but I refuse

I am trying to remember the last time the BIB took the side of a farang.

Normally they take sides with the local and the farang ends up coughing up cash or ending up in the cells themselves.

I would like to hope this is not an isolated incident of the cops actually being cops.

I know many many people who wont come to Pattaya because they have no faith whatsoever in the police when a problem arises.

It would be nice to think that situation may be changing.

Then maybe visitor numbers will grow.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I am trying to remember the last time the BIB took the side of a farang.

Normally they take sides with the local and the farang ends up coughing up cash or ending up in the cells themselves.

I would like to hope this is not an isolated incident of the cops actually being cops.

I know many many people who wont come to Pattaya because they have no faith whatsoever in the police when a problem arises.

It would be nice to think that situation may be changing.

Then maybe visitor numbers will grow.

If you are like me, who doesn't believe a word that is spoken from the powers above, then you would believe that Thailand as a whole has been on the nose from tourist all around the world, as news travels fast on social media, just one incident in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, could throw off any intending tourists who have never been, and I would suggest that is why the numbers are down and have been down for years, Thai's have been digging their own graves far to long, as the Greeks did in the 80s-90s, what goes around, comes around, Karma.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If you are like me, who doesn't believe a word that is spoken from the powers above, then you would believe that Thailand as a whole has been on the nose from tourist all around the world, as news travels fast on social media, just one incident in Phuket, Pattaya, Bangkok, could throw off any intending tourists who have never been, and I would suggest that is why the numbers are down and have been down for years, Thai's have been digging their own graves far to long, as the Greeks did in the 80s-90s, what goes around, comes around, Karma.

Indeed. I have worked here as a prison visitor for many years and have seen some real horror stories.

When each of thsoe screwed over folks went home, they tell their story and you can cross 100 people off the list of potential visitors.

For many years I have felt the cops were killing the goose with the golden eggs.

Tourist numbers in Pattaya seem to suggest that payback has arrived.

I just wonder if this was an isolated incident, or if they have finally woken up.

5 hours ago, sahibji said:

believe you me this happens. there are many places where the pad bills.

It may have happened to me in the last 25 years here but I've never noticed it.  I check my bin intermittently but can't say I've ever experienced it. 

5 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Faarngs plus thais in places like Pattaya, Phuket, Southern Beaches areas =" matches made in heaven". They truly deserve each other and whatever the outcomes in anything, they both truly deserve it.

Ridiculous post. Obviously some jungle clearing dweller who's missus won't let him visit Pattaya and is mad jealous of us who live in funtown

On the subject of the thread, hate it when women attack knowing that most guys will not retaliate. Just using her gender to take advantage

4 hours ago, CGW said:

Bill "padding" has been going on since bars began selling beer, its never been solely a Thai phenomenon, I remember (just!) when I was a teen having a bill "padded" in Soho in London, it was pay or go to the hospital, no option of the police getting involved.

25 years ago I used to drink in Patpong on very rare occasions the bill would be padded, a threat to involve the Police would see the bill righted, even back then the Police would take steps against bars that tried to overcharge, so yes - credit where it is due, the police do help tourists with over pricing, always have - somewhat surprisingly!

The only bars in London Soho that pad bills are those seedy upstairs hostess bars which are all criminally run by foreign gangsters, hence the threat of broken limbs if you don't pay up. I recall when I was young I ventured into one myself close to the Windmill Theatre, took a look around, bought one overpriced drink, refusing any advances from hooker-type ladies wanting to join me for a drink, then quickly paid up and left. It was only a year later that the World of the News (now a defunct newspaper) published an undercover report on these types of bars and how they manage to dodge criminal charges, even though they overcharge, etc. This was the Eighties and a glass of orange juice was close to £8, probably 60 pence in a normal pub at the time.

23 hours ago, Get Real said:

Now the tactic seemd to be at resoring the face in the eyes of the tourists. Better the tourists think about the bars generally charges more for beer and drinks than a 7/11 shop. Just another maniac.
And yes, it justifies the attack. Enough of these people can even make me irritated just sitting in a bar drinking and hearing them complaining with their galactically stupid reasons.

NO, it does NOT justify the attack.  Nothing does.

Or perhaps, you could patronize a better class of establishment, where you will not be irritated by those around you..

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

In some countries, like the UK, prices must be visibly displayed by law. But overcharging drunks or customers buying large rounds in very busy bars is a common practice. Not by all but by enough. The bar staff work on the theory that after a few drinks people don't add up big rounds or pay too much attention to bills; or they short change especially when taking big denomination notes.

Pulled up many bar staff in many places for such. And some do get aggressive when you catch them at it.

Yes..exactly....and don't forget the people they allow to pay twice.....the girls at John's Place told me it was a regular occurrence....when drinks were much less and there were a lot of bar girls and 300 THB fine....now it has turned into a Joan and Darby Club....

10 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Outstanding. Even if the dude was a drunken bum it's not OK to smash him in the face

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

she only hit him cos hes a farang and she knew he would not hit her back and  if he had hit her back he would of ended up with a army of Thai taxi drivers kicking the sh@t out of him. farangs can never win here in these sort of situations. i never drink in bars like that your just asking for trouble that time of the morning.

14 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

NO, it does NOT justify the attack.  Nothing does.

Or perhaps, you could patronize a better class of establishment, where you will not be irritated by those around you..

Not the class that is the situation here, but I didn´t think you would get that! A knuckle head is a knuckle head diregarding the amount of money or how the person dress. Has absolutely not anything with class to do.
Don´t worry, just a simple misstake that many seem to do. You can truly see that a higher class does not make people smarter if you just read the news.

That sharp needle wrecked the balloon, what´s next?

Edited by Get Real

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile a person who claimed to be the woman in white at the attack who had her dress pulled went on Thaivisa to say that their bill was padded. She hoped the accused "got her just deserts (sic)".

Attempts to verify the identity of the poster were not successful and Mr Lodge did not respond to requests for comments from Thaivisa on his Facebook messenger account.

Now there's a thing...

9 hours ago, Get Real said:

Now the tactic seemd to be at resoring the face in the eyes of the tourists. Better the tourists think about the bars generally charges more for beer and drinks than a 7/11 shop. Just another maniac.
And yes, it justifies the attack. Enough of these people can even make me irritated just sitting in a bar drinking and hearing them complaining with their galactically stupid reasons.

Get Real - get real! "Just another maniac" Her or the guy she attacked?

"And yes, it justifies the attack."  No justification whatsoever for that, and just desserts for her.

Apparently the bill was "padded" so maybe the guy wasn't as drunk as people (including the police) were making him out to be, and also maybe something lost in translation when he said that the drinks were more expensive than  711 (Maybe he said - "But that's ten times more than I pay for a beer in 711" (Or something similar) He certainly didn't seem completely out of it to me, and had the good sense not to retaliate, which no doubt would have escalated the situation. (Potential headline:- "Drunk tourist assaults bar girl over price of drink") 

Seems to me that YOU are deliberately trying to upset people with YOUR "galactically stupid reasons"

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

"And yes, it justifies the attack."  No justification whatsoever for that, and just desserts for her.

Apparently the bill was "padded" so maybe the guy wasn't as drunk as people (including the police) were making him out to be, and also maybe something lost in translation when he said that the drinks were more expensive than  711 (Maybe he said - "But that's ten times more than I pay for a beer in 711" (Or something similar) He certainly didn't seem completely out of it to me, and had the good sense not to retaliate, which no doubt would have escalated the situation. (Potential headline:- "Drunk tourist assaults bar girl over price of drink") 

Seems to me that YOU are deliberately trying to upset people with YOUR "galactically stupid reasons"

The Get Real poster  always does that.he probably gets paid a commission for all his sane baiting posts here with the only purpose of making the thread longer.His strategy is always blame the farang and or the victim.very predictable 

Just check his posts they all rotten.

54 minutes ago, sambum said:

You´re entitled to you opinion. Mine stay formly attached to the ground. You just don´t go out drinking beer in a beer, and get beaten in the head with a shoe out of no reason at all.
If you want to believe that, it entirely up to you. The part of getting upset is also totally up to you. I you can´t read a comment and control you senses, I just cant help you with that.
Just take a cold one and chill out!

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

If you don´t realize and see it, it´s a quite general statement. Also based on what´s already reported in the news. Just been out enough to hear too many knuckleheads already.
Sounds to me that you want to put yourself in line for that title ever so sought for.

how many people have you called knucklehead today, if you read the ENTIRE thread, the woman involved gives her side to the story, trying reading the story instead of hurling insults.

Let me put this straight to all of you. I am now known as 'the woman in the white dress'. We had 1 drink only in that bar as I cheked the bin as soon as it was put on the table. She charged us 350bht for a vodka and tonic .For a drink in an ordinary street bar that is outrageous. Our other drinks were also well overpriced. We had words with her over the bill, PAID IT IN FULL and went to leave. She then produced another pot with a bin in it( not the pot on our table) and wanted more money. We refused to pay more as seeing her prices on the 1st bin there wasn't any way we would order more. She lost it when I said I wanted tourist police at the bar. The 711 story is a load of nonsense. The only comment made about anything like that was I live here I know what things cost. To charge 70bht in a small bar for a coke or tonic is well out of order. As if anyone with half a brain expects to pay convenience store price in a joke. We are happy with the help we are getting from the Thai police. My partner didn't even want to report it. It was me that made him go there. This crazy behaviour cannot be allowed in Thailand. I have many Thai friends and they are disgusted by this incident. She needed reporting, as I wouldn't like to see her get away with it again. Next time, it could leave someone with a permanent injury or worse. For those people who have given us your support we want to say 'thank you'.