Pattaya's sex capital image: We can't change it overnight, says tourism chief, but change it we will!

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Destiny 1990

Oh, very good get out.You were having a sarcastic dig, because the guy said he met his wife at a bar.Of course,in your case, attack would be the best form of defence.Holier than thou, i think.But its ok,it takes all sorts to live in pattaya i guess.

I curious what is the wow factor about living in Khon Kaen?Could u share it with us please?

It's not the sex image it's the <deleted> farangs that's <deleted> things up. Keep your drunken mouths shut, dont wear your gold chains ( hey look at me I'm an idiot), respect the Thais, bit of common sense, freelancers can be trouble, beer bars charge more for beers than 7/11 etc. etc. etc.   

But Sinchai does not have rose tinted specs - he accepted that the resort has got the sex image for good reason and this has been going on for many many years.

About 50 years...

Is that the same as many, many years???...lol

Hmmmm...people having sex and exchanging money ..or some exchanging money before the sex.

Seeing as it can not be eliminated completely I personal think they are doing a pretty good job of trying to regulate it......all things considered while we really do not want to be criminalizing the act of sex just because exchanging money is the basis of the sexual interaction and transaction.

Without the monetary transaction the act of sex is considered acceptable...right?

16 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Now i have to go, i have something much more important to do than conversing with you.Have some paint to watch drying.

This one is great,  do 10 minutes a day.

Fill your head with peaceful thoughts and butterfly's playing in the wind.

its very relaxing   :jap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmBpXxWZYs

Edited by onemorechang

19 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Destiny 1990

Yes i can.I live a very peaceful life.Ive done the pattaya crap.I had 2 bars for 6 years,and i think i know what i am talking about.Khon Kaen is a big city,it has its bar areas, and if Mrs Kaen and i want to go and make some noise,and play a game of pool, that's where we go.The days of Pattaya are played out.Its a young mans town, its a newbie town, and i wish them all the best.I have been here 16 years,how long you? I have a beautiful European bungalow in a great Thai village.I also have a house in Battersea, SW London,which is my nest egg.My wife is a beautiful creature of 45 years old who looks ten years younger.And FYI she was working for Addidas,when i met her.I would not swap my life for your know all ass for all the Hong Tong in Thailand.Now if that satisfies your peculiar,obsessive, strange, request for clarification, there you have it. Now i have to go, i have something much more important to do than conversing with you.Have some paint to watch drying.

Thanks for the very informative post..i have been in Asia for about 10 years.Yes i like Pattaya but not for these bars i just like living in cities located near the ocean because it gives me an ongoing holiday feeling.

Other than the nightlife what attractions does Pattaya offer for tourists.

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

Temples. Beaches. Islands. Shopping. Elephant show. Waterparks. Tiffany show. Night markets. Snorkeling. Dolphin show. Diving. Tiger zoo not far away. Crocodile farm. Sheep farm. Botanical gardens. Theme parks. Floating markets. Etc etc etc...

I know families that have been here to visit us and they didn't know about walking street!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, agudbuk said:

Google doesn't give an inspiring number of ideas.
Water park, botanical gardens a Buddha statue and a dirty beach are not unique selling features.

Okay Tell me what unigue selling features u are looking for then i will tell u if u can find them in the Pattaya area.

3 hours ago, agudbuk said:

Water park, botanical gardens a Buddha statue and a dirty beach are not unique selling features.

Search "pattaya attractions for family" and there are plenty of options listed (more than I thought there would be.)

7 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Search "pattaya attractions for family" and there are plenty of options listed (more than I thought there would be.)

I think nobody is against family-friendly attractions, and the more there are the better - but it's pretty stupid to try to suppress the rest.

5 hours ago, agudbuk said:

Other than the nightlife what attractions does Pattaya offer for tourists.

Nothing.  It's not actually a place to take young children and parents shouldn't expose it to them.

Edited by Thechook

1 hour ago, manarak said:

I think nobody is against family-friendly attractions, and the more there are the better - but it's pretty stupid to try to suppress the rest.

Heaven forbid!

i was simply pointing out the variety to posters asking if there were any non sex related options, of which there seem to be many.... a little gem, with something for everybody.... yay!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Iforbach said:

Maybe they could start too with Australia uk.  Spain  whilst I worked lived in Spain ,,they were lining the streets ,,,agree clean up but oldest profession 

never ,,,eradicate it ,,agree maybe it can be controlled slightly

take Las Vegas ,,,its all on websites and filled in local rag ,,for sex 

,on population vegas would leave thailand for dead ,,,,,

and agree with chap who said ..uk papers ,,clean up own streets first but there again pattaya always gets trashed ,,,,

i like it here for other reasons as to cost and married to thai ,,,

so ok again I may not have answer but again it's not just thailand that has hookers ,,,

Might bring down the price of beer for us die hards.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:38 AM, ezzra said:

Don't ' change ' it, regulate it, Pattaya is well known for it's liberal sex industry

and this is a good thing as long as you make sure it's safe and free from rouge and

criminal elements, banish those nasty and obnoxious lady boys from Pattaya

or bring them under control, keep drugs and underage from the sex scenes,

If you kill sex tourism I n Pattaya, you can kiss goodbye to half or more of your

tourists and that's a fact....

Would they be missed?:wai:

• Like 2

Remember friends. Pattaya was a sleepy fishing village. Before it became a world favorite red light district. Family and red light tourism can co-exist side by side. Look at Amsterdam. Regulate it !!!!!

• Like 1

Really Thailand?  You need to embrace that your "culture" and "society" is defined by the society's willingness to sexually exploit its women and children...I'm stunned each time I read a story about a Thai losing face and over reacting...there's not much to be proud of here...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agudbuk said:

Just because an attraction may not be 'unique' doesn't make it any less of an attraction.  Oh, dear, I've already been on the London Eye.  Why in the world did they build one in Singapore?  And, now Hong Kong has one, too!   And, if you bother to read some of the posts you will find that lots of other tourist things have been mentioned.

P_20161121_174649_1_p.jpg

P_20161121_174625_1_p.jpg

2 hours ago, PLW said:

Remember friends. Pattaya was a sleepy fishing village. Before it became a world favorite red light district. Family and red light tourism can co-exist side by side. Look at Amsterdam. Regulate it !!!!!

Are you serious, children, prostitution and families exists together.  Remind me to never let my child within 100 kms of you.  I feel so sick that you even think that prostitution and kids could co exist.  Sorry mate but you're one weird person