Ok, this is natural, its called opposites attract, get used to it

On 19/02/2017 at 9:05 AM, farang2017 said:

We know each other for about 7 months now

Good, next month it will be 8

I'm living in another country

Not so good when building a relationship, you will see why below

We talk almost everyday on messenger or video calls but I feel like for the all of the time I have to keep up conversation

Try reducing your calls, to twice a week, she may have something to say, like "I miss you"

Many times we have a stupid silence as she not talk and I have no more topics. When I talk

Not uncommon, if she is intelligent, she will predominantly speak when she has something to say, or is asked a question 

I usually ask her questions and she just answer a little bit

A litten bit is not unusual, depending on how good her English is, and confidence level

She is not interested much about myself and my past or feelings and she expect the same from me

You know it urkes me when guys want to know about a girls past, shit, look at the future and now, go with your gut feel, bait her every now and again and see if the mouse takes the cheese, if she does, then you just might find what your gut instinct is telling you, we are not all perfect, fact of the matter is, I reckon I was a bigger slut than my Mrs ?

She keeps saying millions times how much she loves me but thats not how people build real relationship

So what would you like her to do, climb through the phone and give you a BJ, true love 555

We are planning to get married but I'm very worried that I will be very bored with her :)

You will get bored with her if you have an attitude like that, ask yourself what do you want from a woman, if its mental stimulation, a woman that talks back to you, doesn't cook, clean, isn't great in bed, then you will get bored, if she can at least cook and take care you, u r half way there, the sex will be enough to keep me where I am at 555

There is another financial issue which I'm not really happy with. She only stays at home and not feel to help me in any way.

Help you, in what way, financially, um, I think you might be expecting too much, 99.9% of Thai women IMO are looking for Mr Falang to take care them financially

I send her money every month. Otherwise she is a wonderful girl and I'm sure she don't cheat on me. She is just lazy I think.

Sending her money, I think you better hit the quote button below and start telling us how you came to that arrangement, i.e. was she a working girl and you agreed for her to go back to the village and you support her ?

Most Thai girls are wonderful, but never assume that a woman wouldn't cheat on you, especially a Thai girl, now if you want to eliminate the potential, stay single.

As for lazy, oh no, I expect breakfast served, lunch and dinner, house cleaned, kids showered and put to bed, toe nails clipped, hair in ears pulled out, hair coloured, and beer brought to me with the remote control, otherwise its just not on.

Edited by 4MyEgo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rule number 1, never ask too many questions  especially if you don't want to hear the truth.  It's better not ask any questions regarding other men, their family problems, where they're going, or discuss your own financial problems.   If a woman feels that you are getting financially stressed, she will be out the door in a heartbeat.

I lived with a Thai woman and for close to seven years and the above  recommendation helped me keep the relation going for many years.  The less questions I asked the healthier the relationship was.  If she told me she had to go home for two weeks to visit a sick parent, I told her that I wouldn't be home as well as I have travel plans and she always came back within a few days. 

Most Expat relationships with Thais are based on financial security for the Thais.

Your questions are probably bordering on an answer that could be harmful to their financial security. 

It's better for them to be silent or ask another question to gain control of the conversation. 

After living here for approximately 11 years, I'm seeing more Thai women that are fluent in English avoiding bars and using social networking and the Internet to meet new ex-pats.   Because of the financial retreat I'm seeing more Thai woman from Nothern villages moving into Bangkok that are not fluent in English and they are quiet because of translation problems, or they feel you are a cheap Charlie or too  knowledgeable.

If you are not living with a Thai woman, understand that most women today in the world are better dealers for financial security especially if they have children and large families.   Their playgrounds are single ads and bars. 

The best advice I can give you is always have back up as most relationships simply no longer work for any length of time.   With the use of the Internet everyone seems to have more options.

If you are generous and even if you tell them you are a free spirit they will always be in contact with you.  The time apart always seems to refresh the relationship.

Good luck!

It is possible (you don't tell us where you come from) that you are a non-native speaker of English.  Maybe Norwegian?  And your English sounds like you are crunching cashews?

Or maybe you are from UK, but from Scotland....and then NO ONE can understand a blind word you're saying from morn to night.  (But no, you can't be from Scotland, cos you are sending her money.)

Edited by blazes
omission of punctuation

I had the same problem with a few thai gfs. most of the dont know how to hold a conversation. my first thai gf was a village gf. she had excellent english, traveled to US, Korea and EU so she was exposed to more than the average village girl but still she could not hold a conversation about anything. the only times we talked more was gossip about friends. having dinner w her was the most boring thing ever. 

So to the OP u are not alone and I heard numerous times about this from other foreigners

don't worry. You just got an average girl.

But also consider: how to have a conversation in a language you never learned...properly.

She called you maybe : "My ATM" when talking to her friends, when watching those soooo amazing "Soaps".

But....of course she is a nice girl.

You will know when living 24/7 with her.

She can't keep up a conversation.  She is not interested in your feelings or background. She sits around all day and does nothing. Did I get this right?  Sure marriage is often prescribed in situations like this.  All those issues will disappear like dew in the morning sun. 

2 hours ago, connda said:

Do all Thai girls talk just a little?

You've obviously have never talked to my wife.  But, then again, she is not a girl, she's a woman.  Get out more into the Thai community.  Take your gf with you and see how she interacts with other Thais.  Still quiet?  Then she's just a quiet girl. 
To answer your broad-brush-stroke question.  No, all Thai girls (and women) do not talk just a little.  Some talk more; some talk less.  That's sort of universal across all cultures. 

And I hate to be the one telling you this, but you're probably not the only guy sending her money, and if you're not in the country, there's a better than even chance that she has a boyfriend with whom she can talk to.
As a previous poster say, "Run Forest, Run!"

My hyper-communicative GF yeks all the time, so it can't be a cultural issue. 

What's wrong for a girl with having other friends or boyfriends? 

15 hours ago, jerojero said:

She doesn't want to build a relationship, past getting you sending her support money. Have you started that yet? Then you can talk about buying her gold too!

She is testing the waters to see what the limits are financially. If you continue henceforth thy name will be teacher and banker. Every culture/relationship has its trade offs. If you continue with her you have to realize that your trying to blend two different cultures and ways of thinking. If your afraid of getting bored teach her things games the world some politics and areas where she shows interest. Sometimes the two never blend but co-exist in separate cultural melting pot. 

she could be an introspect. Not naturally talkative. Might be normal for her.

Maybe she has strong feelings but it's hard for her to make it clear over the internet especially if she's the quiet type.

How is when when you are physically together is more important.

Is she affectionate, attentive, caring? How is she with others compared to you?

It can be hard to  guess what's going on in a little girls mind, so might be best to not jump to conclusions.

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I was just thinking how many posts would it take for this lame,boring.often repeated,nonsense reply to appear.Didn't have to wait long.

And not forget the stupid remarks about the money thing. Guess who write those things only isn't interested in Thailand. Just the cheap things only.

Anyway i understand the frustration f2017 haves with his gf. Mine is same.

When we are together she doesn't talk much. But her english isn't very good. But what really annoys me is that when she is with her family her mouth is unstoppable and then back when we are alone she hardly talk.

And she is also really annoyed when she hear or read about gfs who get/ask money from their bfs every month and be lazy to go outside working for their own money.

Thai's are able to disappear into a world of their own.Its not really a bad sign.My wife can be very active around the house in the morning, but can sit outside our house and look into space for ages.Then she livens up again, and all is normal.Thai girls/women tend to like quiet men.Also there is the fact that maybe she just doesn't have the answers, that you want.Rather than her lose face, she will just clam up,and an embarrassing silence will ensue. You don't say her age, or yours.When i had to go back home for a month,i would speak to my wife only once every 2/3 days.Some.Thai girls do not find it easy to maintain long distance relationships.if you speak to her on a frequent,say daily basis, her day will not have changed much from the day before,hence,no news makes for long silences.My wife's and my conversations were usually very brief, but they were good for the time we spoke.I suppose the fact that we have Androids kept us in touch, because i could see her, and therefore we, knew where each other were..

You send money to this girl? That maybe the only connection that you have.I think you need to be here,and able to asses your relationship.Thing's my be well different, if you were together,and were speaking on a face to face basis.

I wish you the best,but make sure, this is what you want.

35 minutes ago, Foexie said:

And not forget the stupid remarks about the money thing. Guess who write those things only isn't interested in Thailand. Just the cheap things only.

Anyway i understand the frustration f2017 haves with his gf. Mine is same.

When we are together she doesn't talk much. But her english isn't very good. But what really annoys me is that when she is with her family her mouth is unstoppable and then back when we are alone she hardly talk.

And she is also really annoyed when she hear or read about gfs who get/ask money from their bfs every month and be lazy to go outside working for their own money.

The solution to the language problem is obvious: lerarn Thai and teach her English. Of course, not everyone lives in multilingual Pattaya. 

The reason why women ask for money is quite easy: most have children to feed. 

I have been with my girlfriend for 10 years now and although we do not talk as much as we have in the past and her english is broken we do have times

where the talk is good

Bring it up to her and find out why she does not want to talk It may be what she was taught Woman should be subservient to men. This is the Thai way

Tell her you are not happy she does not express herself and see what you get 

So there is an incompatibility problem here She is not as compatible as you think She thinks she has the golden goose my friend

Seriously Move on

Does all Thai girls talk just a little?

No they doesn't.

Surprisingly, at least to some people, Thai women have individual personalities as well as often reacting differently in different situations.

What fascinating topics have you attempted to share with your friend?

Edited by Suradit69

Forget talking about anything that involves world history, get on to the Romans and Greeks etc and you may as well be talking Greek. Same with Geography, most Thai girls (even well educated ones) have very little concept of other countries and where they are located.

Put it this way we farangs are here either to reire or come here for months and have a good sunny holliday with good looking young ladies.

If it get to serious and you send money for no reason well ask her to send you money and you will see how fast she cut you off the messenger.

So have a good time while you are in thailand and smile.

Here's the question to ask yourself,  if she was a girl in your home town of similar age to you,  didn't speak to you nor have any interest in you,  but demanded money so she could sit at home and eat /sleep /shit while you work: would you ever dream of marrying her! 

Also you have to realize that most Thai girls are 110% narcissistic,  just compare the 2 facebooks,  westerners share news stories and funny videos,  we ask pertinent questions and have debates. 

Thai girls post endless selfies,  they even have albums on the same day in different clothes! 

WTAF! 

So when their outlook on the world is looking back at themselves or perhaps posting a pic of what they are about to eat, you can't for a second think you're going to be debating world politics or current affairs ever! 

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Forget talking about anything that involves world history, get on to the Romans and Greeks etc and you may as well be talking Greek. Same with Geography, most Thai girls (even well educated ones) have very little concept of other countries and where they are located.

Another thing I found was that even educated Thai ladies can not get their head around world time zones.

One GF asked me:

"I no understan,  you fly Krungbin  hoch chuamong  - but you country only nung chuamong more Thailand time ?  

You really in Australia ? I not believe you!  I tink you tell me  lie, I not lie liar !  Where you go really ?"

47 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Another thing I found was that even educated Thai ladies can not get their head around world time zones.

One GF asked me:

"I no understan,  you fly Krungbin  hoch chuamong  - but you country only nung chuamong more Thailand time ?  

You really in Australia ? I not believe you!  I tink you tell me  lie, I not lie liar !  Where you go really ?"

There's one on every post that has to use karaoke Thai,  why? 

People have to decipher your interpretation of sound and spelling,  what's the point? 

Wouldn't it be more practical,  and frankly less daft to simply write it in our native tongue without all the semantics! 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have had kids and teenage relatives stay at my house, and they can be there three days and I never hear them say a word. It gives me the creeps. Just isn't normal for kids to display no interest in anything or make conversation (in Thai, let alone English).

Take away their phone chargers...

4 hours ago, Steiner said:

Here's the question to ask yourself,  if she was a girl in your home town of similar age to you,  didn't speak to you nor have any interest in you,  but demanded money so she could sit at home and eat /sleep /shit while you work: would you ever dream of marrying her! 

Different at the home towns = usually happens after a couple of years of marriage.....:violin:

Edited by pgrahmm