• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, georgemandm said:

We're are you from what country? .

then I will reply to your statement.

Where Smotherb comes from is totally irrelevant to this debate. If you think that it is relevant then that would indicate that you are racist.

Besides if you were to ask me that question I could not in all honesty tell you.

16 hours ago, grollies said:

If you know the nationality of the person you are talking about it's easy...

Kraut

Frog

Yank

Eytye

Gent ( for English obviously, otherwise Jock, Paddy, Taffy)

etc, etc.

I've always assumed the word 'farang' was merely a corruption of the Thai word for 'Frenchman', the French being more or less the first western/Caucasian race the Thais encountered, and thus fell into common usage to describe any Occidental person.

Interestingly, on the subject of what is acceptable/not acceptable in describing a particular person or race, I've found that referring to someone as Jewish is OK, but as a Jew, not so much. Funny, that..

Why speak a phrase or sentence in English and switch to Thai to avoid using the English word "foreigner"?

Would you ask a foreigner (speaking English) "While you are at Big C could you buy me a half kilo of diced Moo and a sapalot."

The use of the word, by foreigners speaking English (or their own native language), is an affectation.

Edited by Enoon

33 minutes ago, smotherb said:

My, what a racist statement. You mean you would give me a different response depending upon my country of origin?

Read it , how can it be racist if I ask what country you are from are you on  drugs .

give me idea about your up bring.

Falang is just a word like cheap charlie perhaps you like that one better and it remind me when I am with a government rep from thailand such has my lady friend and i was saying something about me referring as fallang she corrected me saying you are a foreigner.

Got it it all depend who you are with and what i the social status of your guess the word about us is much different.

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

Read it , how can it be racist if I ask what country you are from are you on  drugs .

give me idea about your up bring.

Hey falang George. Go take your meds & have a lie down. Don't want you to burst a valve.

Hope you get better soon.

Cheers.....     farang Mal.

I've always assumed the word 'farang' was merely a corruption of the Thai word for 'Frenchman', the French being more or less the first western/Caucasian race the Thais encountered, and thus fell into common usage to describe any Occidental person.

Interestingly, on the subject of what is acceptable/not acceptable in describing a particular person or race, I've found that referring to someone as Jewish is OK, but as a Jew, not so much. Funny, that..

Oh great so now I'm called a Froggy!++

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No just having a say on the  Subject  But lots of tv members start to  attack members who have they say .

The common denominator is your george, maybe re-think the tone of your replies  and then the attacks will reduce, fair play though atleast you have not called anyone a piece of shit yet, unlike other threads you post in.

Edited by Don Mega

9 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The common denominator is your george, maybe re-think the tone of your replies  and then the attacks will reduce, fair play though atleast you have not called anyone a piece of shit yet, unlike other threads you post in.

You are trying to get of the  subject , stay on it .

like you are now it is about chaao-dtàang-châat ok .

not what I think of thai hookres ok .

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You are trying to get of the  subject , stay on it .

like you are now it is about chaao-dtàang-châat ok .

not what I think of thai hookres ok .

Umm I replied to you change of subject in relation to personal attack.

chaao-dtàang-châat is a rice an fish dish aint, rather yummy with a dash of HP sauce and a lump of marmite.

Edited by Don Mega