Teacher had husband assassinated over affair with young woman - she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

webfact

Teacher had husband assassinated over affair with young woman - she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- A teacher has admitted to hiring gunmen to shoot her cheating husband, an ex border ranger in the Thung Song area of Nakorn Sri Thammarat.

Wichai Seedarort, 61, had just taken his wife to school on Friday morning on a motorcycle and was on his way home when he was shot three times in the back, reported Thairath.

Two men had followed him from the school on another bike.

The gunman then coolly got off the bike and fired one more shot to finish him off. The hitmen are believed to be locals and are being hunted.

Thung Song police said a massive investigation was mounted after the 8am assassination and they soon had a warrant issued for the arrest of the victim's wife Raewadee Seedarot, 55.

After an intense interrogation she broke down in tears and admitted that she had hired an intermediary to contact two gunmen to kill her husband.

Wichai was a former border ranger attached to the Sri Nakharin Camp 42 in the southern province.

The wife said that she had paid 17,000 baht up front and was due to pay the rest on completion of the crime. But she was arrested before she could pay.

She said she asked 39 year old Arundech (Dech) Janprung to arrange the hit. He has also been arrested but denies involvement.

Raewadee said she ordered the hit after confronting her husband many times over an affair with a young woman. She said that she was constantly beaten by him in relation to the affair that he would not end.

She could not tolerate his behavior so decided to have him shot.

Thung Song police said that Dech was likely to change his story when cops arrest the hired gunmen who they believe are locals in Thung Song. They expect an arrest shortly.

Police were patting themselves on the back for a job well done in a case of massive public interest in the area.

"We solved the crime in just one day," said a spokesman at Thung Song station.

The local district chief said that the teacher wife had been suspended from her duties as the investigation continues.

Both her and the alleged organizer of the hit have been detained as the hunt for the gunmen continues.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-20

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

she paid 150,000 baht for the hit

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

she had paid 17,000 baht up front and was due to pay the rest on completion of the crime. But she was arrested before she could pay.

Consolation is she saved herself 133,000 baht.

She could not tolerate his behavior so decided to have him shot.

I love the phrasing here regardless of translation.

This sentence underlines not just the moral vacuum in Thailand but also the dangers in the art of the possible. 

5 minutes ago, optad said:

I love the phrasing here regardless of translation. This sentence underlines not just the moral vacuum in Thailand but also the dangers in the art of the possible. 

Perhaps the behavior she found difficult to tolerate was having been beaten repeatedly when confronting him about his sexual relationship with another woman, not the cheating itself.

3 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Perhaps the behavior she found difficult to tolerate was having been beaten repeatedly when confronting him about his sexual relationship with another woman, not the cheating itself.

Good point, otherwise it would have been better to hit the girl friend,  and probably less chance of being identified. 

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Perhaps. Or perhaps, loss of face in thailand has socially legitimised rogue assassination. This a commonplace in Thai society. I fear, without basing too much credence on any version presented here, that the wife did have other avenues regarding her maltreatment and whilst less satisfying were more appropriate.

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Good point, otherwise it would have been better to hit the girl friend,  and probably less chance of being identified. 

The taking of different life wasn't my point. What I was wondering about was this: was the physical abuse so bad the woman felt she was acting in self-defense?  This has been a successfully used defense strategy in jury trials in the case of repeated physical abuse of one partner by another.

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

The local district chief said that the teacher wife had been suspended from her duties as the investigation continues.

I thought that was a little bit harsh.

Guess she's not going to make bail then?

10 minutes ago, optad said:

Perhaps. Or perhaps, loss of face in thailand has socially legitimised rogue assassination. This a commonplace in Thai society. I fear, without basing too much credence on any version presented here, that the wife did have other avenues regarding her maltreatment and whilst less satisfying were more appropriate.

Absolutely.  Good post.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

The taking of different life wasn't my point. What I was wondering about was this: was the physical abuse so bad the woman felt she was acting in self-defense?  This has been a successfully used defense strategy in jury trials in the case of repeated physical abuse of one partner by another.

Maybe there was no physical abuse and its all BS. One can't believe everything that is printed or spoken. Lots of time women claim physical or verbal abuse and there is little or none, to justify exorbitant actions. 

23 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Maybe there was no physical abuse and its all BS. One can't believe everything that is printed or spoken. Lots of time women claim physical or verbal abuse and there is little or none, to justify exorbitant actions. 

People sometimes lie.... was that your point?

4 minutes ago, ezrider62 said:

Alleged beatings and alleged affair.

Lots of distrust regarding the lady in the story. Are Thai men well known for their gentle nature In romantic relationships, peaceful resolution of disagreements, and monogamous behavior?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

WOW talk about true loves irrationality. She should have approached this in a calmer manner and called for tenders. She would have had a lot of bahts leftover to take a honeymoon for one. 

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

I thought that was a little bit harsh.

Guess she's not going to make bail then?

She still has 133,000 in her handbag. That could buy an open door and maybe eventual freedom with a sympathetic court.