Tourists blamed for pirate goods problems as ministry heeds PM's call

webfact

3 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

used a picture of a Boracay (Philippines) beach for their advertisement for visiting Thailand will tell others how to behave

From the same mold as the head of  the Intellectual property department  stealing paintings from a Tokyo hotel room

the Thais joked that  he had to take the real item as if he had taken a photo that would have been copyright theft !

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The mentality of these people bewilders me.......people in these positions can't be this stupid........can they?

Its not stupidity. Its called thainess. It's a weird, rare and extremely complex mental condition... it has been studied for decades but scientists unanimously concluded it's more mind-boggling than what existed before big bang.....

Most "counterfeit" goods come from China, most importers of these goods have a Chinese background.

Hence my idea China must be blamed.

Not the tourists that buy on the spot, nor the millions of Thai people buying the counterfeit articles.

Can I conclude hammering nails in the tourism coffin seem to be the thing to do in Thailand nowadays.

Good show, Thailand, your neighbours will not make the same mistakes and thank you so very much for the opportunities given.

Fakes are for sale everywhere.  It is just that there is more of it here as well as it is more out in the open.

The only way that they can start to make it look good is to close Khaosan,  Patpong and all the stalls around NANA.

Think about the outrage they would have to deal with along with the number of tourists that would not be going.

The big thing is DVD's for computers and for movies.  I have noticed that a lot of the stalls are closing and that is a good thing maybe but let's face it we rich tourists and farang expats can barely afford the real software.  Imagine if a Thai had to shell out for MS Office and Windows 10. Not to mention Adobe products.

A few years ago I was in Pakistan and the new rep for MS came and we were having a beer. He said that he was going to bring affordable Office to Pakistani's.  I went home brought him a disc in the proper container and asked him how much I paid.

He said 500 dollars.  I told him the number was close but wrong currency  350 Ruppees.  

2 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

First they are going to shut down the sex industry

then the fake products industry

What next?

Many tourists are going to go elsewhere

Go elsewhere, like the national parks where they can be charged tenfold what Thai folk pay to get in. 

9 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Damn tourists again.  Responsible for all the wrongs in Thailand 

Damn world for allowing non-thai living on its surface. Imagine the world was thai-only! Just imagine: not even the wheel would have been invented by now 55555555555

Edited by Mook23

If the army could only kill all the tourists/expats and any one who voted red, this country would be paradise, even the North Korans would be envious.

Don't give them ideas, there are those who, if not kill, would certainly favour some form of cull!

The mentality of these people bewilders me.......people in these positions can't be this stupid........can they?

It's astonishing isn't it? Capable of extraordinarily silly suggestions like this, yet so clever when it comes to wise investments!

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

It's astonishing isn't it? Capable of extraordinarily silly suggestions like this, yet so clever when it comes to wise investments!

Like an aircraft carrier, submarines and merit from Wat Dhamakaya!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

And the tour group operators are further being asked to tell tourists not to buy fake goods and why they shouldn't.

Those pesky foreigners again.

Though,

You know,

Could just shut down the shops selling fake goods...

Nah, who am I kidding?

Pesky foreigners...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism and Sports Ministry have met with tour groups' representatives to request that tourists are not taken to places where pirated goods are on sale.

Ummm, are they seriously suggesting that tour groups (especially those intent on shopping) should not come to Thailand?

This is stupid, if u go to any shopping centre, night bazzaar, chatuchak, train market, who r the main bulk of nationalities there? Its Thai. I have 2 retail shops, so far only 3 caucasians girls have ever step into my shop n bought from me. 

Its the Thais that r driving the economy in thailand. Stop pushing the blame.

I have a question for all the "Brains" in the photo, WHO supplies the fake goods to the tourist? the tourist certainly do make make them! it is hypocrisy for the Thai's to blame fake goods on tourist! if they were not for sale, the tourist would not buy them. That's like blaming tourist for prostution!  is that next?

:sorry:Bloody Tourists again...yes they are the reason fake goods are produced n Sold in Siam...Bloody Tourists fueling prostitution..Stop them from coming in,Let's CLEAN THAILAND and get them high quality Tourists who buy only branded yet (most likely fake) goods and no more massage shop...no more FKN galz no more fake beer no more high GDP no more High income?

Just astounding stupidity ...

Who wears all the fake junk, have a look at all the thais with fake label/design clothes, watches, bags etc. Also who buying most the pirate sic, videoand software ! Thais . Likes of patpong and mbk small fry compared to thai centres such as pratunam fashion mall, fortune town and all big market centres throughout the country ...

Farang are a small fraction of the big ssue .