DSI prepares for ‘full scale’ raid after talks break down

snoop1130

DSI prepares for ‘full scale’ raid after talks break down

By The Nation

A “FULL SCALE” raid by officials around Dhammakaya Temple was imminent after five-hour talks with the monastery’s senior monks broke down Wednesday.

Department of Special Investigation (DSI) director-general Paisit Wongmuang has ordered police and DSI officers stationed around the vast compound in Pathum Thani to “carry out the plan of implementation in a full-scale manner”, the agency’s deputy spokesman Woranan Srilam said yesterday.

He said more government personnel would be deployed in the operation involving police, DSI and military officers but he declined to be specific about the number of officials.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30306967

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-2-22

2 minutes ago, whatawonderfulday said:

In Thailand raiding from the rear is perfectly legal.

It may be legal in Thailand but it also allows a quick escape back to the officer's mess for the those who are inclined toward cowardice.

50 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I guess Thailand never had a skinhead fashion or era like we did back home. I can't see what the problem is. If they want volunteer expats to help bash a few skins.

"Come on, let's av yer, ahhhh"

I left me donkey jacket and 16-hole dockers back in the UK. Still got the skinhead though.

This is becoming comical even for Thailand.

Either go in and find out if he is in there or don't.

Telling your adversary what you are going to do is not a wise strategy, as they are then prepared for you.

This is not going to end well, so if they are genuinely detemined to get the fella, they should just bite the bulllet, do the raid and hope they don't completely bugger it up.

PM seems quite capable of denying facts and lying through his teeth about everything else, so a few monks getting a little bit trodden on should be something his spin doctor can create plausible lies about.

Then move on.

I mean there are all sorts of villainous farang out there buying cheap knock off gear that should be high on the priority list of stupid things to do, that this is just delaying.

1 hour ago, z42 said:

Brilliant tactics. Tell a bunch of brainwashed idiots who know they're above the law that you're coming to raid them properly.

Gormless ifiots. This has got riot written all over it ?

scare tactics ! now he knows he might surrender Hmmm

Hope this is the first step in putting and end to this money making scam business that mostly preys on the false hopes of gullible Thai women.

Do Thais not realise that if monks did have special power then there would not be any poor people in Thailand! Everyone will ask to be rich and the monk should make that come true right?!

I've been to many temples and seen some outrageous things by the monks but they always get money and its mostly women that give them. It's a crazy industry.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Edited by reenatinnakor

Brilliant tactics. Tell a bunch of brainwashed idiots who know they're above the law that you're coming to raid them properly.
Gormless ifiots. This has got riot written all over it [emoji30]

A riot would be unfortunate...would probably lead to national instability. I wouldn't want elections in such an atmosphere, would you? >_>

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

A riot would be unfortunate...would probably lead to national instability. I wouldn't want elections in such an atmosphere, would you? >_>

Yes a riot would be unfortunate. Seems to me there are people on the temple side of this who are aiming to cause a riot and then of course claim police brutality or whatever.

Goodness gracious me no, I mean, the "wrong people " might win don't you know, and then we would have to start reforms all over again!

RTP currently deployed 3,500 police to secure and search the wat.
There were not more than 3,000 Canadian soldiers of all ranks in the first of three waves to storm Juno Beach in WW2.
RTP failed. Canada succeeded.

The Canadians had some idea what they were doing.

Besides which, they didn't have to worry about having their lunch money pinched...

Just because these people wear certain orange clothes means absolutely nothing - everyone is judged by their intent and actions - I don't care what someone is wearing I judge by their deeds and it is often evil or pure stupidity

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities

12 hours ago, z42 said:

Gormless ifiots. This has got riot written all over it ?

There will be no riot because it wont happen. I can see a negotiated settlement to share the loot said to have been illegally aquired.

Edited by Reigntax