Amulets and statue saves Thai from certain death in pick-up smash

rooster59

Amulets and statue saves Thai from certain death in pick-up smash

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQzNC8yMTc0MjU4L2ZkY2R2LmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

A 60 year old Thai man emerged from the wreckage of his pick-up truck to claim that all was well because of his amulets and a statue he had on his dash.

Sukhon Phuangsri escaped without so much as a scratch such was the power of the magic.

He was standing waiting for reporters by the wreckage of his Isuzu D-Max that had hit a lamppost breaking it in two.

The statue was of Luang Pu Thuat, well known for saving countless lives.

Sukhon said that he was on his way back to Yasothorn after attending a family funeral. But his time had not come yet.

He said he was overtaking another vehicle and lost control.

However, the amulets and statue are unlikely to save him from costs arising from negligent driving and damaging public property.

Police were expected to charge him later yesterday.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

If those amulets and statue are so powerful, why was he involved in an accident

in the first place? where's the logic here?

Expect those plate's number's to be hard to find at your lottery tickets vendor... 

Perhaps the spirits of the amulets wanted to kill him but the engineering standards of the vehicle saved him.

people who miraculously escape death or serious injury in the west often have similar belief in the supernatural when they can be heard saying God looked down on them... insinuating God, for some reason, favours them, but also God did not favour others killed or injured in the accident.

what ever gets you through i suppose.

56 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

He isn't hurting anyone if that what he believes saved him good. Then

for him.

What your missing here is that belief in this superstitious nonsense is part of the irresponsible way Thai's drive. I will be ok no matter what happens. Even if I've killed other people, my amulets will protect me.  Speeding, drunk driving mai pen rai. I'll be ok. Selfish, superstitious bullshit.

" The statue was of Luang Pu Thuat, well known for saving countless lives. "

So it isn't just the driver who believes in hokey-pokey magic, but apparently the reporter and most of the country.

I can see these people rushing out to buy one, to enable them to drive even more crazily, without fear of death.

Almost as stupid as when the South African minister of Health proclaimed that having sex with a virgin would cure AIDS, leading to a massive rise in rape.

10 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

And the Thai bashing carries on! Why do you people live here when you think so badly of these people?

I don't care what nationality. Superstition is nonsense. If you think having a go at a bloke who thinks amulets saved him is Thai bashing, then that's your opinion.