ThaiBev unveils ‘all new’ Federbrau premium beer

snoop1130

ThaiBev unveils ‘all new’ Federbrau premium beer

Thai Beverage Group has launched the latest version of its German-inspired premium beer Federbrau.

Edmond Neo Kim Soon, chief executive of ThaiBev’s Beer Group, said the premium beer trend in Thailand would continue to grow. 

According to AC Nielson’s research on premium product consumption in Southeast Asia, there has been a 24 per cent increase in the consumption of premium foods and beverages in Thailand.

Full Story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30307400

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-2-27

According to it's brewers:-

Federbräu targets the young generation aged between 22-35 who are confident, love freedom, embrace challenges and are always looking for something special to enhance their sophisticated lifestyles. Federbräu has the light flavour of genuine German beer. Contents from fine quality malt, hop, with natural water, and selected yeast, especially for Federbräu. Brewed at the Cosmos brewery.

16788806_774971779338182_2380295167778226176_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Federbräu targets the young generation aged between 22-35 who are confident, love freedom, embrace challenges and are always looking for something special to enhance their sophisticated lifestyles.

Great age but takes money to enjoy. Mom and Dad please send money SAP

20 hours ago, johng said:

When will the market be fully opened so that Thailand can enjoy a full range of worldwide beer and wine + locally brewed beverages without the stifling red tape and taxes ?

Don't hold your breath. You want imported you can have it, and pay the price! 

10 hours ago, Katipo said:

The Thai beer duopoly just doesn't know how to make decent beer. Shame really, as some of the Thai craft brewers are most excellent.

There has been a "Craft Beer Festival" on opposite where I live since before Christmas. The cheapest 320cl (small) bottle is over ฿250, some much more.

I can get a big bottle of Charles Wells' Bombardier or Young's Special Bitter in the Gourmet Market up the road for less.

I also hate these new brews (that should have stayed in Belgium) that taste of fruits or smell of flowers. Beer should taste of malt and hops.

:burp:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

There has been a "Craft Beer Festival" on opposite where I live since before Christmas. The cheapest 320cl (small) bottle is over ฿250, some much more.

I can get a big bottle of Charles Wells' Bombardier or Young's Special Bitter in the Gourmet Market up the road for less.

I also hate these new brews (that should have stayed in Belgium) that taste of fruits or smell of flowers. Beer should taste of malt and hops.

:burp:

I don't mind the fruit and flowers, but prefer the clean taste of an unadulterated beer too. Are you sure they are thai craft beers for 250b? That seems a typical price for imported beers. Typically I pay around 160b for a locally brewed version in the bars, and about 120b/pc per case if delivered by the brewer to my door.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:26 PM, connda said:

Unfortunately the monopoly keeps micro-brews from becoming legal competition.  Once micro-brews are legal, two things happen: Thailand gets there first taste of what real beer tastes like, and the monopoly ends.  Like the West, large commercial breweries world-wide brew light lager panther pee regardless of what fancy name they give the beer.

I agree, partially. However, there are some very large breweries in the west that produce great beers - Guinness, Bass, Marston's - even Heineken (they now produce the famous Newcastle Brown Ale). The list could go on.

There's nothing stopping the big 2 breweries here in Thailand from making good beer at reasonable prices. But, at the moment, there is no incentive to do so as they are guaranteed 90% of the market regardless of quality - as nobody can compete with them on price.

13 hours ago, Katipo said:

I don't mind the fruit and flowers, but prefer the clean taste of an unadulterated beer too. Are you sure they are thai craft beers for 250b? That seems a typical price for imported beers. Typically I pay around 160b for a locally brewed version in the bars, and about 120b/pc per case if delivered by the brewer to my door.

The lad running the beer festival said due to not being able to brew in Thailand they have to brew outside and import.

I thought the micro breweries in some of the pubs had been closed down,  although I haven't really looked far, never mind the back garden or shop-house stuff, .

Where are you getting locally brewed beer?

I'd be careful drinking that, it could be topped up with wood alcohol or worse and send you blind!

9 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

The lad running the beer festival said due to not being able to brew in Thailand they have to brew outside and import.

I thought the micro breweries in some of the pubs had been closed down,  although I haven't really looked far, never mind the back garden or shop-house stuff, .

Where are you getting locally brewed beer?

I'd be careful drinking that, it could be topped up with wood alcohol or worse and send you blind!

Yes, some of the local Craft Brewers are brewing abroad and importing, but the rest are just ignoring the police like everyone else does.

I am not worried about the quality of the local craft beers. The brewers are all passionate about beer and produce quality products. They aren't in it to make a quick buck of moonshine.

I was at the Craft and Roll festival in Kanchanaburi last weekend. 37 local brewers, an amazing location, and even better beers. The Thais who attended were generally educated, open, and intelligent. It was a wonderful experience. About 1.5k in attendance I was told.

IMG_20170225_201131-01.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Katipo said:

Yes, some of the local Craft Brewers are brewing abroad and importing, but the rest are just ignoring the police like everyone else does.

I am not worried about the quality of the local craft beers. The brewers are all passionate about beer and produce quality products. They aren't in it to make a quick buck of moonshine.

I was at the Craft and Roll festival in Kanchanaburi last weekend. 37 local brewers, an amazing location, and even better beers. The Thais who attended were generally educated, open, and intelligent. It was a wonderful experience. About 1.5k in attendance I was told.

IMG_20170225_201131-01.jpg

It depends on whether the BiB ignore them without buying a ticket to the policeman's ball. Good picture, must have been a good evening out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I had a session with this new Federbrau in order to have an honest opinion about it. I bought a case from Macro. The looks are outstanding. Great bottle design and nice stickers. But when it comes to beer it is disappointing. My tastes buds struggled to find any flavor. Even Cheers that is much cheaper has got more flavor. The taste of Fedrebrau reminds me of ex Chang Light. I think it is overpriced for what delivers. Great design and nice stickers don't make a good beer and it puts to shame the German name. 

Kaiserdom which is easily available is a much better beer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

The other day I had a session with this new Federbrau in order to have an honest opinion about it. I bought a case from Macro. The looks are outstanding. Great bottle design and nice stickers. But when it comes to beer it is disappointing. My tastes buds struggled to find any flavor. Even Cheers that is much cheaper has got more flavor. The taste of Fedrebrau reminds me of ex Chang Light. I think it is overpriced for what delivers. Great design and nice stickers don't make a good beer and it puts to shame the German name. 

Kaiserdom which is easily available is a much better beer.

It's not about the taste so they make it as inoffensive as possible.  It's all about the brand identity.  It's a beer designed to be marketed not to be drunk.

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ricklev said:

It's not about the taste so they make it as inoffensive as possible.  It's all about the brand identity.  It's a beer designed to be marketed not to be drunk.

Unfortunately I am not into brand identity and I am not going to buy it again. Federbrau is another boring beer. Anyway I wish they have a go with it, but I don't see it.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried a couple of bottles for the first time tonight and I have been trying to identify the underlying taste. It's not particularly unpleasant but it's a taste that I don't associate with beer. After a while I realised that I'm tasting Weetabix.

Anyone else agree?