Thai immigration officer at airport didn't allow me to enter

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This  page is the most important one. It shows that your permit to stay ended on the 14th of February. It seems you were on a short overstay when you got picked up.

IMG_1068.JPG.90bc046558c089285ce59c9597f

still remains the question of the reason for the ban.... missing 90 days report wouldnt be declared as fraud isnt it ????

3 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

still remains the question of the reason for the ban.... missing 90 days report wouldnt be declared as fraud isnt it ????

The overstay would not be the reason for the ban back in 2012. Being caught with one could be a ban now but not for life.

He would not need to do 90 day reports since he was on tourist visas.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The overstay would not be the reason for the ban back in 2012. Being caught with one could be a ban now but not for life.

His behaviour towards people who tell him he is/was on overstay could have caused him some serious issues with Thai officials.

Edited by FritsSikkink

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Fraud 

4 hours ago, visarunner said:

Yeah, proof is posted, your extension expired 14th February 2012. 

But for a simple overstay no one was blacklisted at that time.

Yes u right, that is what my new lawyer told me over  phone a few days ago. . He mentioned  to me that no one got blacklist overstaying at thailand as long u pay the fine. So I have to wait and see . ..

1 minute ago, humbleguy said:

Fraud 

Yes u right, that is what my new lawyer told me over  phone a few days ago. . He mentioned  to me that no one got blacklist overstaying at thailand as long u pay the fine. So I have to wait and see ...

I hope it is now clear to you that you were indeed on overstay when you were arrested.

So.. I wonder how much did you argue with immigration officers, how heated the discussion became and whether you have insulted them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manarak said:

I hope it is now clear to you that you were indeed on overstay when you were arrested.

So.. I wonder how much did you argue with immigration officers, how heated the discussion became and whether you have insulted them?

Well,so many people  were in custody from bangkok outskirts ,they started threatening on everybody  while we were in custody,so they r not allowed to do that, but they did in front of everybody.  .I  never had any argument with officers,but I refused when one of  them tried  to take my phone away, finally he took away my phone .but I talked to my embassy  at IDC,explained how I lost my phone, finally my phone was found in custody, they tried to deny not to give it back but I had 3 witnesses with me at IDC. They were crook just looking for money.  So why should I pay them for?  what they have done for me to pay them. Anyway I don't wanna repeat my self over and over. ...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Did you go and get the visas and extension by yourself or did you use an agent.
Remember there where stolen visas sold at that time.
Using one of them would be fraud.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

No I just crossed the border for vis run. Of course agent helped me to get 60 days visa. I crossed the border  so many times

Not once,more than 3 times.just only onetime I received 7days visa   from immigration division  at wattana. They issued  me 7days.

10 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

Well,so many people  were in custody from bangkok outskirts ,they started threatening on everybody  while we were in custody,so they r not allowed to do that, but they did in front of everybody.  .I  never had any argument with officers,but I refused when one of  them tried  to take my phone away, finally he took away my phone .but I talked to my embassy  at IDC,explained how I lost my phone, finally my phone was found in custody, they tried to deny not to give it back but I had 3 witnesses with me at IDC. They were crook just looking for money.  So why should I pay them for?  what they have done for me to pay them. Anyway I don't wanna repeat my self over and over. ...

It appears the were asking for a lot more than fine for your overstay would of been at 500 baht a day.

Normally the fine is reduced by the judge. Even those that have reached the max fine of 20k baht have their fines reduce to as little as 3000 baht.

All you can do now is wait and see what your lawyer finds out.

• Like 1

I think it likely (taking the OP's claim that he was not guilty of any serious offense at face value) that it was a matter of guilt by association. If he was staying in the same room as someone involved in shady dealings, the Thai authorities might have chosen to decide this was sufficient evidence that the OP was involved. There might also have been an element of racism involved. It would be interesting to know what advice he received from the Canadian consulate at the time.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears the were asking for a lot more than fine for your overstay would of been at 500 baht a day.

Normally the fine is reduced by the judge. Even those that have reached the max fine of 20k baht have their fines reduce to as little as 3000 baht.

I didn't overstay in thailand period. Got it?. Then why do I pay the fine u mentioned  here.?.

It doesn't apply to me, what u  r saying here is for those  abusing the system ,overstayed in thailand intentionally 

No where to go other thailand,  so u r talking to me like garbage people  ,homeless people staying at khaosan Rd aimlessly. 

so u have know how  to deffrentiate people.we r all the same as human being we are but we r different,  people r not the same as u thought.depends on ur background. I came from a good family with principles, I could care less how people think about me,who cares? I know who I am and what  I am standing for .. believe me or not I was planning  to post my story in 2013..why now?  what am I  gaining for to post my story here? Zero.. no good advice here,just to blame on me and calling me  all bad names such as : overstayer,fraudulent. ..it is useless to post  my story  . I regretted that,  because u r seeking help  from intelligent  people whom u think tgey ginna help u but unknowingly u r feeding ur genuine story to bad people  who r ruthless,  no value ,no principles ...

What is the judge's rationale for reducing the fine?

43 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

I didn't overstay in thailand period. Got it?. Then why do I pay the fine u mentioned  here.?.

It doesn't apply to me, what u  r saying here is for those  abusing the system ,overstayed in thailand intentionally 

No where to go other thailand,  so u r talking to me like garbage people  ,homeless people staying at khaosan Rd aimlessly. 

so u have know how  to deffrentiate people.we r all the same as human being we are but we r different,  people r not the same as u thought.depends on ur background. I came from a good family with principles, I could care less how people think about me,who cares? I know who I am and what  I am standing for .. believe me or not I was planning  to post my story in 2013..why now?  what am I  gaining for to post my story here? Zero.. no good advice here,just to blame on me and calling me  all bad names such as : overstayer,fraudulent. ..it is useless to post  my story  . I regretted that,  because u r seeking help  from intelligent  people whom u think tgey ginna help u but unknowingly u r feeding ur genuine story to bad people  who r ruthless,  no value ,no principles ...

I was going by the passport page that show that the extension of your 60 day entry from the visa ran out on The 14th of February.

What was the date when you were picked up by the police?

An earlier copy of your passport showed you did not leave the country until the 2nd of March.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hohososo said:

So that they can get people out of the IDC and deported quicker I would assume. For every day of detention 200 baht a day is credited to the fine. 

The judge is not bound by immigrations 500 baht a day fine for overstays. The 20k baht max fine is set by the immigration act.

36 minutes ago, hohososo said:

I never been in court, there is no crime at all, irefused  to pay to the Immigration  officers,thru interpreters. 

Because my visa still valid,all my documents  were valid . I never comitted  any crime in my life,I got nothing to scare . so I refused to bribe to anyone. I am not that kind of person.

37 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

ok, can you please explain how you were not on overstay ?

you left the country on 2nd March after having spent 9 days in detention, so you were arrested around the 22nd or 23rd of February.

Is that correct ?

and your extension gave you permission to stay until 14th February.

Correct?

If both of the above are correct you were on overstay, or would you please explain why you repeat over and over that you weren't overstaying?

Edited by manarak
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

I never been in court, there is no crime at all, irefused  to pay to the Immigration  officers,thru interpreters. 

Because my visa still valid,all my documents  were valid . I never comitted  any crime in my life,I got nothing to scare . so I refused to bribe to anyone. I am not that kind of person.

I think there is your answer. whether you over stayed or not, they thought you did so in their mind (authority's opinion) you refused to pay hence a 100 year ban. You may have thought you won the argument at the time and your principals won however they stop arguing with you and gave you a stamp, a smile and 100 year good bye. 

4 hours ago, manarak said:

even argues with IO wouldnt justify a life Ban for FRAUD ....or arbitrary decisions have been made, which is not impossible here in LOS

1 minute ago, thetruth revealer said:

even argues with IO wouldnt justify a life Ban for FRAUD ....or arbitrary decisions have been made, which is not impossible here in LOS

depends how the arguing went... physical and with insults ? I wish more arbitrary decisions were made in other countries against abusive people.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong here - but if OP got hit up for 10,000 baht whilst in detention, then going by the fact he was an overstay from the 14th of feb till the 2nd of march, thats 16 days overstay, with an additional 200 bhat a day in detention for 9 days = 9800 Baht.

So it seems as a poster above wrote, OP refused to pay a legitimate fine for overstay, so has now had an increased penalty imposed on him of a banning him from entry for life (and if I am correct, rightly so!).

I may be mistaken, but as I understand it time in detention REDUCES the overstay fine, by an amount I don't recall, per day.

You don't get fined for the period you're in detention.

He left the country on 2nd March from his departure stamp.

I'm trying very hard to believe our OP has been hard done by, but there really seems to be something awry.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

I never been in court, there is no crime at all

As has been explained a few times, in Thailand, you do not need to be physically present to be convicted of a crime in court in Thailand. In fact, for minor offenses in particular, it is more common for your cases to be decided without your presence than with it. It seems likely that you did not have legal representation but, even if you did, your lawyer might well not have been told when your case was being heard.

The court papers, and any other relevant documents you have in your possession from that time, might help to complete the explanation of what happened. However, you need to accept the unpalatable truth: however unfair your treatment may have been, unless you are willing to pay huge bribes now (unlikely since you refused to make small payments in 2012) you are not coming back to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, psyvolt said:

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong here - but if OP got hit up for 10,000 baht whilst in detention, then going by the fact he was an overstay from the 14th of feb till the 2nd of march, thats 16 days overstay, with an additional 200 bhat a day in detention for 9 days = 9800 Baht.

As said he was detained on the 22nd. That ends the overstay.

As I wrote before his fine would not be based upon 500 baht a day. It would be set by a judge and would be reduced 200 baht for every day in detention.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Something is not adding up here.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

I agree.

I think the key is WHY were all these foreigners rounded up - where were they and what were they doing??

5 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Did you go and get the visas and extension by yourself or did you use an agent.
Remember there where stolen visas sold at that time.
Using one of them would be fraud.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

looking at the stamps and visa all is legit, he used a Company that goes to Poi Pet, so this is all clear.

Fact is, as many of us have written, his extension finished on 14th Feb, he got picked up around 20th Feb and was deported on 2nd March.

Most likely his case went to court without he being present and he was found guilty or he signed guilty and deported and banned.  Yet the main question for me why you want to desperately come back to Thailand? If your lawyer is good he can suggest you to file a petition, the charges are just THB 1,900.-, again Immigration will look at it and the main question remain , what you planning to do? As said earlier without a good reason it is nearly impossible to overturn that ban.