Thai immigration officer at airport didn't allow me to enter

So the OP was either guilty by association, or indeed guilty of some kinda fraud/deception directly. 

Im guessing that that isnt the term they would use for simple overstay, or refusing to pay overstay fines. 

In hindsight I expect the offer to buy out of it for 10k seems like a bargain now

aaaaaand... we still have no entry stamp.

the entry stamp is rectangular.

but we can assume entry was on 17.11.2011 because the visa was stamped at that date.

and OP was probably stamped in and admitted until 16.01.2012

with first 30 days extension: 15.02.2012

with ultimate 7 days extension: 22.02.2012

OP doesn't mention any extensions, which is congruent with the theory that he misunderstood his allowed duration of stay.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

Looks like he mixed the Dates of his permission and his Visa up, but this still doesn't match.

On the other hand, I understand that when caught on overstay (Not at the border) the routine is deportation. But The 100 Year Blacklisting is another beast, I know one guy who got deported a few Years ago for overstaying 2 or 3 month, he could return without a problem on the next plane back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

U could write whatever u want to write about me, nothing goodness come out from dirt- minded people who gone bad to worse, who just trying to spoil to others for their own sake, what u r gaining from that.. hope ur gf can translate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Better start not blaming other people for your overstay then. Could the 100 year ban have to do with your attitude to the police and other officials after they rightfully arrested you?

1 hour ago, Rastaputin said:

Looks like he mixed the Dates of his permission and his Visa up, but this still doesn't match.

On the other hand, I understand that when caught on overstay (Not at the border) the routine is deportation. But The 100 Year Blacklisting is another beast, I know one guy who got deported a few Years ago for overstaying 2 or 3 month, he could return without a problem on the next plane back.

seeing how much OP insisted on this thread that he was not on overstay, I can only suppose that he made such a big fuss about being right that he pissed off the immigration officers so much that they slapped him with a blacklisting.

but... the exit stamp states 2.3.2012, calculating back 9 days, means OP was arrested 22.02.2012, which was still after the date of 14th feb. ("enter by") displayed on the visa. something doesn't compute, this can't be a simple confusion of dates.

checking back at the opening post, I now see several details provided are simply wrong. OP also states "I applied  a single tourist visa in canada early 2016, thai consular issued  90 days single visa".

Maybe OP just assumed a tourist visa would entitle him to stay 90 days... but even then he was over 90 days.

Edited by manarak

32 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Better start not blaming other people for your overstay then. Could the 100 year ban have to do with your attitude to the police and other officials after they rightfully arrested you?

None of us knows what really went down here, except the OP.  Maybe he was offered a "deal" for an apparent 6-days overstay (36 if without an extension), perhaps he really believed they calculated the days wrong, and they added on charges to punish him for not taking the "offer."  If it was only a matter of overstay, 100-years is insane.  Or maybe he really was up to some " deception, fraud etc," or was in the company of others who were.  Would it not be rather "naive" to categorically assume the worst of the OP, given how things "really work" in the world (not just Thailand)? 

Having read this story, if the reader is ever falsely accused of some sort of criminal activity and offered a "deal" by authorities, you are now more likely to "just pay" - right?  But on the flip-side - the primary lesson I read is this: Don't be even on one day overstay in Thailand, ever, and you will be far less likely to be in such a position.   And, fair or not, it does matter who you are hanging out with.  If you go all "Hunter Thompson" (the author) and hang out with unsavory-types, you may get pulled into their legal-sewer with them.

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

None of us knows what really went down here, except the OP.  Maybe he was offered a "deal" for an apparent 6-days overstay (36 if without an extension), perhaps he really believed they calculated the days wrong, and they added on charges to punish him for not taking the "offer."  If it was only a matter of overstay, 100-years is insane.  Or maybe he really was up to some " deception, fraud etc," or was in the company of others who were.  Would it not be rather "naive" to categorically assume the worst of the OP, given how things "really work" in the world (not just Thailand)? 

Having read this story, if the reader is ever falsely accused of some sort of criminal activity and offered a "deal" by authorities, you are now more likely to "just pay" - right?  But on the flip-side - the primary lesson I read is this: Don't be even on one day overstay in Thailand, ever, and you will be far less likely to be in such a position.   And, fair or not, it does matter who you are hanging out with.  If you go all "Hunter Thompson" (the author) and hang out with unsavory-types, you may get pulled into their legal-sewer with them.

I think it started with a simple mistake which then was multiplied out of proportion with OP's inability to consider that he might be in the wrong.

It can be safely assumed that he got no extension to his initial 60 days, because if he had made an extension, he would be aware of the allowed duration of stay.

Also, no entry stamp was posted - it would clearly say the date until which he was allowed to stay.

I guess by now he has seen the date and got to feel that awkward moment of epiphany revealing that his blacklisting and over 4 years of anger and frustration were in vain.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, manarak said:

seeing how much OP insisted on this thread that he was not on overstay, I can only suppose that he made such a big fuss about being right that he pissed off the immigration officers so much that they slapped him with a blacklisting.

but... the exit stamp states 2.3.2012, calculating back 9 days, means OP was arrested 22.02.2012, which was still after the date of 14th feb. ("enter by") displayed on the visa. something doesn't compute, this can't be a simple confusion of dates.

checking back at the opening post, I now see several details provided are simply wrong. OP also states "I applied  a single tourist visa in canada early 2016, thai consular issued  90 days single visa".

Maybe OP just assumed a tourist visa would entitle him to stay 90 days... but even then he was over 90 days.

...there are certain consulates and maybe embassy as well , which issue 90 days TR Visa , i know from personal experience 100% sure , this just BTW

11 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

...there are certain consulates and maybe embassy as well , which issue 90 days TR Visa , i know from personal experience 100% sure , this just BTW

No there are not. A tourist visa holder would get a permission of stay of 60 days per entry.

There are certain nationalities that would receive a 90 day visa exempt entry due to bilateral agreements.

Edited by lkv

7 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

90 day tourist visa doesnt exist, never has as far as I know.

used to have double and triple entry TR visas, but the allowed period was 60 days for each entry (extendable by 30 days at immigration possibly?)

Edited by Sigma6

11 minutes ago, lkv said:

No there are not. A tourist visa holder would get a permission of stay of 60 days per entry.

There are certain nationalities that would receive a 90 day visa exempt entry due to bilateral agreements.

..believe it or not , there are !!!! Or do you have  hace access to all Consulates around the world to proof otherwise ???   It was a Consul in Austria .

As a short reminder: "Discretion of the Official person "

Edited by thetruth revealer

8 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

..believe it or not , there are !!!! Or do you have  hace access to all Consulates around the world to proof otherwise ???   It was a Consul in Austria .

You are wrong, no tourist visa gets a 90 day stamp.

a tourist visa is valid for 90 days but will only ever give you a 60 day entry stamp

Edited by Doiger

6 minutes ago, thetruth revealer said:

""Discretion of the Official person " utter nonsense. An immigration officer can deny entry if he has a good reason. a consul can't change the length of a tourist visa.

2 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

You are confusing the validity of the visa with the permission of stay.

Tourist visas (SETV) are valid for 90 days from the moment they are issued. Meaning you have 90 days to enter Thailand anytime you wish until the expiry date.

Upon entry, you receive a permission of stay of 60 days that can be extended at an Immigration Office for another 30 days at a cost of 1,900 baht.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I know that the police officers doing their job and immigration  officers  as well I never had any problems with them, I praised them  just few. The corruption  in every where u go not only  thailand ,but this is not the point  the point is: did I overstay in thailand? .,absolutely not,  i dont have to prove to u.  u r nothing to me,, u r  just trying to spoil on my reputation, u don't know me very well. For the sake of argument  ., Iwill post all thai stamps on my passport  record is there, all stamps on my passport, no confusion, I will post all stamps on my passport, then u will shut ur mouth. I cannot do now,I just got off work ,tired and snowing very hard,over 20 cm., but I will post by Sunday all stamps on my pasoort..

Do u mean 10000 year ban instead of 100 year ban? The difference  only one digit, just add one extra zero., is that make u happy, I am sure u r happy now for 1000 year ban?..

13 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

I know that the police officers doing their job and immigration  officers  as well I never had any problems with them, I praised them  just few. The corruption  in every where u go not only  thailand ,but this is not the point  the point is: did I overstay in thailand? .,absolutely not,  i dont have to prove to u.  u r nothing to me,, u r  just trying to spoil on my reputation, u don't know me very well. For the sake of argument  ., Iwill post all thai stamps on my passport  record is there, all stamps on my passport, no confusion, I will post all stamps on my passport, then u will shut ur mouth. I cannot do now,I just got off work ,tired and snowing very hard,over 20 cm., but I will post by Sunday all stamps on my pasoort..

Do u mean 10000 year ban instead of 100 year ban? The difference  only one digit, just add one extra zero., is that make u happy, I am sure u r happy now for 1000 year ban?..

You already posted your visa and your exit stamp, you were overstayed, nothing can change the facts you have already posted.

even if you had extensions you were overstayed

Edited by Doiger

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I fully understood, and I appreciate  ur information,plz wait till I post all thai visas stamps

On my passport,then u will know or will figure out if overstayed or not

here canada,we have  storm now  ,and I have work to do,Iwill post  all visa stamps tomorrow  or Monday 

Thnks

Just now, humbleguy said:

Whatever

U just throwing words at me without thinking if this is suitable for reader,members and those peple who r seeking help  or brotherly  advice. So I don't see any point u r making here just to confuse others, look ur judgment, " u overstayed",, u r very annoying  person, I don't  appreciate  ur thought,ur stupid words u r using towards  me. Is this how u give an advice for those people seeking a good advice?..what do u think of me ,criminal guy, overstayer,cheater, gambler,lose and alcoholic? 

If u don't know me, of course u don't know me, don't judge  me till u know me better, my record speaks itself.

U know corrupted people or bad people think that everyone is bad like them. ..I don't need ur advice,plz  keep ur advice to urself. Mind ur busines.

I am going to post sometime today all visas stamped on my passport starting early 2011 till feb14,
Maybe i was caught by immigration officers different date than the date i was posted feb20, maybe little early than that , but i will look for that. Could be feb 9,feb11, or feb13. . It is been long time, hard to remember , But I am sure that the court's paper still with me . We never attended so called court or judge's decision. They took us to IDC..I just only need the date . But i have to search for it, will take 2 or 3 days to find it, i don't know where i put it, but it is written in thai language..

Maybe i mixed up the dates, but i am going to fix this , plz look at all visa stamps on my passport, then u will figure out if i overstayed or not.. but now i am looking for the piece of paper from
Court's verdict. At IDC, they distributed to us a letter from judge .Hope still with meIMG_1062.JPG.b59cfebd258dcc930fe7cfce1d9IMG_1064.JPG.2d81033d80e030ad1d5893c1398IMG_1065.JPG.444e97edd31e8632c6e083fbea2IMG_1066.JPG.49057c56dc2beb4f9dd07be59b8IMG_1066.JPG.316551d3ae4a34790f3478bd6a5IMG_1067.JPG.dd2c3a456ab683ae3420136ccd8IMG_1068.JPG.90bc046558c089285ce59c9597fIMG_1069.JPG.e26107ebf9c4dad7c32050d2f57

• Like 2