Thai immigration officer at airport didn't allow me to enter

Hi there,  I just paid to thaivisa.com guy to check for me at border immigration, i paid him thru western union 2000 baht,but he told me that I am blacklisted,  but didnt tell me further details.

The reason why I am blacklisted?  I had never committed any crime whatsoever, , this is my story:

till now I have a problem about entering to thailand,back 2014 I flew to bangkok from Hong kong,but immigration at airport didn't allow me to enter to thailand,the officer told  keep saying tthat I have a lock on my name, I couldn't understand  him at all, even single word. but they forced me to fly back to hong kong which is very shameful and disrespectful, because I had never comitted any crime . But early 2012 ,I was in bangkok,my visa was expiring in 3 days but still valid ,thai immigration  raided my area I was staying at bangkom.. they took all foreigners to immigration custody,and they started bargaining,  asking money to release of anybody who bribe them,so they let so many foreigners  go because they paid 10,000 to 20,000 baht,but I refused to do that,because there is no point to bribe to anyone,my visa still valid,I am legal,  i am not criminal.  And my pasport and my visa awas valid.,but they threatened me to keep me forever ,but finally took us unknown custody then  to other location,we being held almost 9days,but I bought a ticket to  canada,ever since I am here in  canada busy with my work, but in 2014 i Travelled to hong kong for vacation then to bangkok , it was on October 2014,but the thai immigration didn't let me enter to thailand because I have a lock,or blacklisted  me. I  didnt believe that, never expected such thing like that...then i flew back to hong kong, my ticket was wasted,all my dental appointment  was canceled including my hotel reservations. . Very shameful, i don't know what to do  now in order to travel to thailnad.?  Anyway last week I contacted  atthaivisa.com, have an authority to check at border just to see if I blacklisted or not...he just checked at border immigration ,he told me that Imy name was blackkisted,,but they didn't tell him why? What ground? No reason to blacklisted  me because I am very much clean,never committed  any crime in my life,but I am against the corruption  butl . I am guessing  thatmy old file still in immigration data base .when I get deported , I paid all my expenses including my rerun ticket to canada. .I applied  a single tourist visa in canada early 2016,thai consular issued  90 days single visa,but expired, I didn't travel  to thailand, because I was busy with my work.. .. if I am blacklisted,then  how can I remove my name on balacklist.?I am sure my case is very simple.  Plz tell me what to do in order to come back to thailand.. I don't have any problem  getting thai visa at consulate, but I am afraid  they won't let me enter because my old file still  in data base..in 2015, I hired so called lawyer to help my case, he get back to me,told me that nothing  to be  afraid, u r clean, no record  then I asked him to send me a copy from immigration, I need a evidence, piece of paper, not verbal, he was lying,,he was a jerk, never check anything for me, but I pad him 10,000 baht just to check at immigration. .he didn't  do anything just wasted my time and my money as well,., 

Thaivisa.com didn't check anything for me. I doubt him.,he should  get a copy from the border people 

I told him several times  to print my file from immigration, but he never get back to me since last week,then I dropped  him, 

I don't need him anymore , nothing he can do,he is not a lawyer nor immigration  officer, I was mistaken  to  pay him, doesn't deserve  any thing,he is powerless. ..

6 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

Thaivisa.com didn't check anything for me. I doubt him.,he should  get a copy from the border people 

I told him several times  to print my file from immigration, but he never get back to me since last week,then I dropped  him, 

I don't need him anymore , nothing he can do,he is not a lawyer nor immigration  officer, I was mistaken  to  pay him, doesn't deserve  any thing,he is powerless. ..

Apparently they did all they could do. They checked with immigration and their database shows you are blacklisted. Nothing is shown on the database as to why you were blacklisted. That would be in files at immigration in Bangkok or at the IDC.

You should have a stamp in your passport showing you were banned from entering the country and it may show the reason for it.

4 minutes ago, humbleguy said:

Hi Mr manark

Thnks for information, but I didn't overstay,my visa was valid in 3days,unfortunately ,my visa expired while I was in custody. And it was a friday,. .

A normal tourist visa is valid for three months.

This means you have three months to enter Thailand.

When you enter you get 60 days permission to stay it's not a visa.

So you end up with two different dates, one on the visa and one stamp with permission to stay.

You can never overstay your visa but can overstay your permission to stay.

19 minutes ago, manarak said:

hi humbleguy, the best is probalby if you could post a photo of your visa and entry stamp.

It was back 2012, I stayed thailand nearly 8 months, I used to go to combodia  just visa run like everybody

My visa expired in immigration  custody back early 2012,,what about new  thai immigration  rules about foreighners  overstated  in thailand,  what about the people overstaed before new rules come out? .IF U READ  states: from March 20 2016,  a lot of people already over stayed in thailand  before march20,2016...doesn't count if u overstayed before new rules come out.. I don't understand  at all how thai  immigration  works, very confusing. Hard to understand when the new rules implemented, what about those folks over stayed before new immigration  rules come out. .

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they did all they could do. They checked with immigration and their database shows you are blacklisted. Nothing is shown on the database as to why you were blacklisted. That would be in files at immigration in Bangkok or at the IDC.

You should have a stamp in your passport showing you were banned from entering the country and it may show the reason for it.

My passport was stamped, but I cannot understand writing on my passaport, 

Do u have any idea what to do in order to clear my name 

Thnks for correction. Mr poorSucker

10 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

You asked Thaivisaservice.com to check if you are blacklisted, he checked and told you you are, you have got what you have paid for and for 2000 Baht got a bargain as other firms charge 5 times that for the same checks so why are you complaining?

As others have said the info on why you are blacklisted is not available to some immigration officers, you need to go higher up to get that info

You got what you asked and paid for with Thaivisaservice so don't knock them

I believe the OP was expecting for 2000 bht what a real good, reliable and guaranteed fixer will charge in the region of 1 million bht for. Anyone who thinks it is going to be cheap to get a 10yr ban lifted and cleaned a whole lot cheaper,is going to be stung even more money and not get the result.

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

you are already half way through your ban and only now you are questioning it.

seems a bit strange to me.

As mentioned in other posts, unless you post a photo of the stamp in your passport then it is difficult for anyone to give you a proper answer.

Edited by Doiger

There must be more too this and at the time you were in custody you did not understand and you were considered a problem and black listed.probobly a lost in translation thing that happens here daily.

If i were you i would  forget all about thailand .They dont want you here.  Even if there is no wrong doing on youre part. 

Spend youre money in a different asian destination.

Or hire a lawyer and probobly get no where.

Time to move on.

Good luck

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doiger said:

you are already half way through your ban and only now you are questioning it.

seems a bit strange to me.

I don't see anywhere the length of his ban is mentioned. You apparently are assuming it is for 10 years. Some bans are for life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There was no banning for overstay back in 2012. I suspect they had another reason for blacklisting you. They should of informed you were being blacklisted and the reason for it.

People that left before the new rules came into effect were not banned. Many with overstays of many years.

well, OP stated that he refused to pay the fine.

1 hour ago, humbleguy said:

It was back 2012, I stayed thailand nearly 8 months, I used to go to combodia  just visa run like everybody

My visa expired in immigration  custody back early 2012,,what about new  thai immigration  rules about foreighners  overstated  in thailand,  what about the people overstaed before new rules come out? .IF U READ  states: from March 20 2016,  a lot of people already over stayed in thailand  before march20,2016...doesn't count if u overstayed before new rules come out.. I don't understand  at all how thai  immigration  works, very confusing. Hard to understand when the new rules implemented, what about those folks over stayed before new immigration  rules come out. .

a photo of your entry stamp would solve all questions.

there is a line "admitted until" and a date. That is the date until which you were permitted to stay in Thailand, what does it say?

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, manarak said:

well, OP stated that he refused to pay the fine.

He did not exactly say that.

4 hours ago, humbleguy said:

But early 2012 ,I was in bangkok,my visa was expiring in 3 days but still valid ,thai immigration  raided my area I was staying at bangkom.. they took all foreigners to immigration custody,and they started bargaining,  asking money to release of anybody who bribe them,so they let so many foreigners  go because they paid 10,000 to 20,000 baht,but I refused to do that,because there is no point to bribe to anyone

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

He did not exactly say that.

you got a point - however, I don't know how much of an issue he made of the matter and whether he got blacklisted because of too much arguing with officers, because apparently, immigration was unsuccessful in explaining to the OP that he was indeed overstaying.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see anywhere the length of his ban is mentioned. You apparently are assuming it is for 10 years. Some bans are for life.

Yep your right, sorry got it confused By post 16.

Still strange though and I reckon more to the story than is getting posted

Edited by Doiger

16 hours ago, thequietman said:

It's unfortunate that because you did the right thing and refused to pay overstay when you were not, has gone against you. Someone has taught you a lesson here and most likely lost face when you didn't pay. Thus you are blacklisted.

This is a reminder of the alleged corruption levels that may or may not exist here and I doubt you will get this reversed. Go spend your money in a country that wants you and gives you some sort of protection. Good Luck.

He must have pissed off someone high up. You simply can not get on Blacklist by wandering the streets. If you are at fault with someone you might be on arrest warrant and be detained at airport when try to enter. But this guy is blacklist. 100years.

To be honest, and if I was you, I would forget about ever coming here again. Unless you have some family ties here, which I don't see how.

There are just to many other places you could go nearby without the hassle. Buying expensive tickets to come here and then being refused entry at the Border, for reasons unknown, is not the way to go.

But if you insist you might want to try and contact Thai Visa first and at least try to find out why you are Black Listed. From that information you may want to try and change that, requiring a Lawyer. Better if you were in-country to do that, which of course you can't be. It appears someone has your name down for something serious, and even if you have done nothing to deserve that.

But again if you don't have a good reason to come here then go someplace else and forget about it. And try not to argue with a Man in a Uniform, even if he is wrong.