Thai Condominium association upbeat market will pick up

snoop1130

Sorry bad news but your unit did not tripple in value over the last 14 years.Keep on dreaming.

Here is a lesson for you to learn think of it as an excursion . Take some ductape and got to the latest two developments at Nana bts, start with the one that's at the base of Nana bts . Here is tip, before you go inside the show room, tape your jaw to your scull so it doesn't smack into the floor with great force lol.!

And get back to us, oh and ask a decent floor. And 90 sqm

Over to you bud [emoji41] see you soon

using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it did on paper.

Not Mine, the new developements have they are 3 times more per sqm mines 14 years old with outstanding management just fully renovated the lobby, lifts and repainted all the Halls. Outstanding! . If I bought today I couldn't do it.. Never for sale anyway the farang pay stupid rent in that area

People destroyed phuket with time share and developer sponsors seminars..whipping everyone into a frenzy and they all buy on the night.. On the spot!

Here is a lesson for you to learn think of it as an excursion . Take some ductape and got to the latest two developments at Nana bts, start with the one that's at the base of Nana bts . Here is tip, before you go inside the show room, tape your jaw to your scull so it doesn't smack into the floor with great force lol.!
Over to you bud [emoji41] see you soon

Your condo didn't triple in value. New builds did....The ones that look new and people actually want to live there before the management and general bad maintenance burns it to the ground. People are not blind and can see that pretty much any condo older than 10 years looks absolutely dreadful comparing to Western standard and maintenance..Yes, Bangkok condos are expensive and they go up with value....But the market is not liquid at all.

Your condo didn't triple in value. New builds did....The ones that look new and people actually want to live there before the management and general bad maintenance burns it to the ground. People are not blind and can see that pretty much any condo older than 10 years looks absolutely dreadful comparing to Western standard and maintenance..Yes, Bangkok condos are expensive and they go up with value....But the market is not liquid at all.

That's what I meant, read my edited post above. Mine was 3 times cheaper when I bought it new per sqm. Outstanding management all hallways freshly painter and lifts and lobby fully renovated. You gotta stop believing that condo's are leaning and Balconies are falling off.. Just TV BS!

2 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I've been looking around my local area for a condominium. I was going to buy one on the coast but having seen the prices for such small rooms had put me right off. There are plenty of smaller condo complexes all over Bangkok. I've been around 12 seperate properties already and for a large sized 2 bedroom, loungue, kitchen dining area, balcony and hallway your looking at less than 500,000 baht. For the same thing in Pattaya you'd have to pay 6 million baht. My advice is to look around. Buy cheap and then buy a car and drive to the beach.

Can you give me some examples of 2 bedroom condos you are finding in Bangkok for 500k? Always assumed you would be looking at about 4-6 million for that. 

1 hour ago, bangkokorbust said:

Not Mine, the new developements have they are 3 times more per sqm mines 14 years old with outstanding management just fully renovated the lobby, lifts and repainted all the Halls. Outstanding! . If I bought today I couldn't do it.. Never for sale anyway the farang pay stupid rent in that area

People destroyed phuket with time share and developer sponsors seminars..whipping everyone into a frenzy and they all buy on the night.. On the spot!

The true value of anything is the best price you will get when you sell it.

No exceptions.

1 hour ago, bangkokorbust said:

Say you paid 30,000 baht/m2 14 years ago, then with 4% inflation 52,000 baht/m2 would just be the inflation adjusted price. Your true profit is current market price minus 52,000 baht/m2. 

2 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

Over to you bud emoji41.png see you soon

Och u one of those silly clowns comparing your 15 years old worn out outdated  flat with a brand new Condominium in the same neighborhood.U really believe they fetch the same sqm price between the 2 properties?

Say you paid 30,000 baht/m2 14 years ago, then with 4% inflation 52,000 baht/m2 would just be the inflation adjusted price. Your true profit is current market price minus 52,000 baht/m2. 

You can't really use that formula across the board. But let's say it just became the law then doubling the money and living rent free I would accept it but then we have so many variables to consider

And according to the arm chair agents on TV, every body will lose money as they sell their condo because the next owner must lose as well . All the way down until in two hundreds years time when the market implodes completely because you see the pressure of everyone always selling at a loss can't be sustainable and then owners will just trade them for potatoes [emoji23]

3 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

That's what I meant, read my edited post above. Mine was 3 times cheaper when I bought it new per sqm. Outstanding management all hallways freshly painter and lifts and lobby fully renovated. You gotta stop believing that condo's are leaning and Balconies are falling off.. Just TV BS!

Put it up for sale and let us know how quickly it sells and what price you get for it.

Put it up for sale and let us know how quickly it sells and what price you get for it.

It's not for sale. The rent is phenomenal as I already mentioned it's beautifully furnished with the latest electronic gear in fact I'moving back in when the current rent expired I miss it . But have had offers from the real estate office inside the condo complex.. Maybe I should have taken them but then what? Stick it in a bank here lol 2% haha or maybe I could ask for advice from the stock traders here who are all wildly successful.. And they are only in that 4k apartment short term while looking for a penthouse haha

35 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

It's not for sale. The rent is phenomenal as I already mentioned it's beautifully furnished with the latest electronic gear in fact I'moving back in when the current rent expired I miss it . But have had offers from the real estate office inside the condo complex.. Maybe I should have taken them but then what? Stick it in a bank here lol 2% haha or maybe I could ask for advice from the stock traders here who are all wildly successful.. And they are only in that 4k apartment short term while looking for a penthouse haha

From your behaviour here and bogus attitude I just assume that you are infact located at some trailer park in Mississippi Alabama and have visited Thailand only once if ever.

From your behaviour here and bogus attitude I just assume that you are infact located at some trailer park in Mississippi Alabama and have visited Thailand only once if ever.

5c41fc198ab56a426c0d9e1f424ef7d6.jpg

I would never call somebody out like you just did.. It can backfire badly and leave you looking like an imbecile...

15 minutes ago, Beachdude said:

And what about all the current nods good no up in Jomtien? Are they selling or mainly sitting empty. I think a big bubble will burst.

I thought the bubble had already burst in Jomtien, Pattaya and Phuket when you see launched projects being abandoned and construction at a standstill.

I'm disgusted by the crazy building going on in Phuket. It's an environmental disaster. Thousands of new condo under construction in a market that is absolutely dead. 

I see two large condo projects here in Kamala Beach where building has stopped for lack of sales. I hope all these investors/developers get screwed. Som nom na

Anyone who buys a condo in this market is out of their mind. Fire sale prices on all resales at this point, yet they continue to build.   :shock1:

Shades of 1995 speculative building until it all crashed two years later!

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Weird as pattaya real estate usually is cheaper then bangkok real estate.anyway i am interested in that 2 bedroom unit in bangkok for less then 500,00 where can i buy those in bangkok?

10 hours ago, bkkgooner said:

Can you give me some examples of 2 bedroom condos you are finding in Bangkok for 500k? Always assumed you would be looking at about 4-6 million for that. 

Also, type "condos for sale in Bangkok under 500,000 baht" and google it. You'll be suprised at how many condos there are going cheap. It's a great investment opportunity. Buy a cheap condo, renovate it and sell it on at a profit. Some are close to BTS stations too. This is an uptapped gold mine.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

10 hours ago, bangkokorbust said:

You can't really use that formula across the board. But let's say it just became the law then doubling the money and living rent free I would accept it but then we have so many variables to consider

And according to the arm chair agents on TV, every body will lose money as they sell their condo because the next owner must lose as well . All the way down until in two hundreds years time when the market implodes completely because you see the pressure of everyone always selling at a loss can't be sustainable and then owners will just trade them for potatoes emoji23.png

About 30 units at OMNI Tower were auctioned off for about 25-30,000 baht/m2 in 2003 and they are selling for 50-60,000 baht/m2 on a good day, now 14 years later, which is pretty much just matching inflation.

Your building might have evolved a bit better than OMNI Tower and apart for common fees and some maintenance, you have been living nearly rent free.

You times your purchase perfect, if you had bought in 1996/97, you would never have recovered your investment (when correlated for inflation).

Still, even with your timing, it is no way near the 3 times multiplier that you initially indicated. At best you can walk away with a small profit and have lived near rent free. Still not a bad deal.

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Also, type "condos for sale in Bangkok under 500,000 baht" and google it. You'll be suprised at how many condos there are going cheap. It's a great investment opportunity. Buy a cheap condo, renovate it and sell it on at a profit. Some are close to BTS stations too. This is an uptapped gold mine.

I did not find any 2 bedroom units for 500,000 with ur search criteria.Do u have the condo name seems more pratical.

34 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Sounds like they are "Trying to feed

hay to a dead horse"... Thousands and

thousands for sale in  Pattaya & Chiang

Mai.....still building, Why??

Management and staff of developers trying to avoid retrenchment?

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-news/2017/2/145932/lpn-subsidiaries-to-take-non-lpn-projects-for-first-time

Edited by trogers

51 minutes ago, trogers said:

Wow.... and this is from Lumpini... probably the most ethical builder in Thailand.

Interesting read because I wonder if the foreign money is really behind the condo boom and not "local" market. 

I don't like to generalize and this is certainly not the case with my wife, but Thais are generally broke.... or in many cases land rich and cash poor. The last thing they want to do is purchase a condo.