Two more Trump campaign officials met Russian envoy - USA Today

webfact

Two more Trump campaign officials met Russian envoy - USA Today

REUTERS

r2.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump in Newport News, Virginia, U.S. March 2, 2017. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst -

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - At least two additional officials in Donald Trump's presidential campaign said they spoke with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyan at a conference on the sidelines of the Republican National Convention last July, USA Today reported on Thursday.

The newspaper said J.D. Gordon, who was the Trump campaign's director of national security, and Carter Page, another member of the campaign's national security advisory committee, both said they met the ambassador.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who also met Kislyan at the conference of diplomats in Cleveland that coincided with the Republican convention to select Trump as the party's presidential candidate.

(Reporting by David Alexander; Editing by Eric Beech)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-03

When Trump was asked, as the closing question of one of his debates with HRC, what he liked best about her, he said something like, "I like her persistence and tenacity."

Well, he's going to love my tenacity (just kidding), because I persistently implore authorities in Wash D.C. to do their jobs and uphold US laws and the veracity of the US Constitution.  In doing so, they've got to root out every last vestige of treasonous activity by Trump and his henchmen.

I'm just one of the vast majority of Americans who want Trump run out of office a.s.a.p.

45 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

When Trump was asked, as the closing question of one of his debates with HRC, what he liked best about her, he said something like, "I like her persistence and tenacity."

Well, he's going to love my tenacity (just kidding), because I persistently implore authorities in Wash D.C. to do their jobs and uphold US laws and the veracity of the US Constitution.  In doing so, they've got to root out every last vestige of treasonous activity by Trump and his henchmen.

I'm just one of the vast majority of Americans who want Trump run out of office a.s.a.p.

Apparently not enough of a majority to keep him out of office. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that another majority felt the country is on the wrong track and that enough people decided to take their chances with Trump,

14 minutes ago, does said:

Apparently not enough of a majority to keep him out of office. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that another majority felt the country is on the wrong track and that enough people decided to take their chances with Trump,

It wasn't a majority that elected Trump.  And that's not part of this topic.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Watch what you wish for. If you are an American liberal, has a different meaning in my country, you will likely find Pense much worse for your cause.

1 hour ago, does said:

If a person's situation is annoying, that person can choose to make changes.  It happens in failed marriages and failed businesses every day.  However, change for the sake of change is rarely a solution.  The change should hopefully be better than the situation which proceeded it.  Even Trump supporters would have to admit that the prior government, under Obama, was better than the changes brought on by The Divider who, along with Bannon, are harming the USA.

Putting Ronald McDonald or OJ in charge of the US would be change, would it not?   Be careful what you wish for, and don't kiss a gift horse on the mouth.

5 minutes ago, pegman said:

Watch what you wish for. If you are an American liberal, has a different meaning in my country, you will likely find Pense much worse for your cause.

It's possible Pence could be worse.  Pence knows something about government, Congress and how legislation gets passed.   Trump is a mean-spirited dunce who only knows bluster.   

12 minutes ago, pegman said:

Things are moving fast. This just in so maybe Pense beats Trump out the door.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/pence-used-personal-email-state-business----and-hacked/98604904/

21 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Someday the democrats will wish we had someone with good relations with the Russians, until there is real trouble I guess there is no need to talk to those Ruskies by anyone in the administration.

News flash: There was no Trump administration when these people talked to the Russians. And Sessions lied about it.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Pence has some way out policies as well, but he is more deliberate and the circus will end. I think most people who dislike Trump wouldn't be thrilled about Pence, but would view it as far preferable to Trump.

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Things are moving fast. This just in so maybe Pense beats Trump out the door.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/pence-used-personal-email-state-business----and-hacked/98604904/

A very weak case against Pense.

He did preserve all his emails and it's doubtful that he had any federal designated classified information in them, albeit may have had some sensitive state information. As can be seen by the one identified hacking event of his emails, the nature was phishing to get Pense' email contacts to send money to someone pretending to be Pense stranded outside the US. A phishing attempt probably seen by every American at least once.

18 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A very weak case against Pense.

He did preserve all his emails and it's doubtful that he had any federal designated classified information in them, albeit may have had some sensitive state information. As can be seen by the one identified hacking event of his emails, the nature was phishing to get Pense' email contacts to send money to someone pretending to be Pense stranded outside the US. A phishing attempt probably seen by every American at least once.

The irony is too rich considering he led chants of "Lock Her Up" because of her private emails.

1 hour ago, jcsmith said:

Pence has some way out policies as well, but he is more deliberate and the circus will end. I think most people who dislike Trump wouldn't be thrilled about Pence, but would view it as far preferable to Trump.

On social policy I think you are wrong. 

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It wasn't a majority that elected Trump.  And that's not part of this topic.

And in the same way, there's no "vast majority vast majority of Americans who want Trump run out of office a.s.a.p" as the first poster claimed. Some people seem to have trouble differentiating between their views and wishes, and what's really out there.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This entire Russian affair is a MAJOR scandal and historically speaking, the fact that it is happening so EARLY in a new presidency is certainly not like anything we've seen in modern American history. 

Yes, perish the thought of talking to Russia. 

In fact why not just deport the pesky Ambassador just to make sure no one talks with him. 

And it just keeps getting deeper and deeper...

Three weeks before Election Day, Donald Trump Jr. left the campaign trail and the country to speak at a private dinner in Paris organized by an obscure pro-Russia group that promotes Kremlin foreign policy initiatives and has since nominated Russian President Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize.

For Donald Trump Jr., lingering questions about meeting with pro-Russia group

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr-lingering-questions-meeting-pro-russia-group/story?id=45858839

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This entire Russian affair is a MAJOR scandal and historically speaking, the fact that it is happening so EARLY in a new presidency is certainly not like anything we've seen in modern American history. 

You're a bit ahead of yourself JT.

It's a "MAJOR scandal" when things are proven and so far there  is only anecdotal evidence and lots of maybes or could haves or allegedly speaks hysteria, which all makes good copy.  Sessions met the ambassador in company in his office, not behind a tree in a park. It should be relatively easy to clear.

All power to an investigation and let's get it done, Prove or disprove but until then it's very expedient to have a bogey man world wide when things don't go the way they "should" election wise. To say this is "not like anything we've seen in modern American history" is nonsense.

What about when Obama whispered supposedly out of hearing to the Russian ambassador to tell Vlad that he would be very flexible after the election? Was that a communication with an ambassador pre election or not?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9167332/Barack-Obama-microphone-gaffe-Ill-have-more-flexibility-after-election.html

And what of Senator Edward Kennedy's liaison with the KGB to deal with Reagan?

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

"Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election."

"When President Reagan chose to confront the Soviet Union, calling it the evil empire that it was, Sen. Edward Kennedy chose to offer aid and comfort to General Secretary Andropov"

“The media,” Kengor says, “ignored the revelation.”

And this was at a time when the Soviets were Communist. Was the Left  pro Russian then but now anti Russian?

So "historically speaking"  this was a great deal worse than anything today (it so far seems) with no consequences which were treasonable breaches to me. 

20 minutes ago, Linzz said:

It's a "MAJOR scandal" when things are proven and so far there  is only anecdotal evidence and lots of maybes or could haves or allegedly speaks hysteria, which all makes good copy.  Sessions met the ambassador in company in his office, not behind a tree in a park. It should be relatively easy to clear.

It wasn't in his office.  And it wasn't reported per the appropriate channels.  Which as has been posted here, is the law.  And it's being reported the ambassador was a spy and recruiter.  Which Sessions would have known about.

So yes, it's a major scandal.  Don't forget, this is the same ambassador that brought down Flynn.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/democrats-sessions-russia-resignation-call/index.html

According to the Justice Department, Sessions met with Kislyak in July on the sidelines of the Republican convention, and in September in his office when Sessions was a member of the Senate Armed Services committee. Sessions, then the junior senator from Alabama, was an early Trump backer and regular surrogate for him as a candidate.

Kislyak is considered by US intelligence to be one of Russia's top spies and spy recruiters in Washington, according to current and former senior US government officials.

8 hours ago, does said:

Then we all get another chance.  Hopefully, we can get a real leader that really cares.

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Someday the democrats will wish we had someone with good relations with the Russians, until there is real trouble I guess there is no need to talk to those Ruskies by anyone in the administration.

Russia has no interest in helping the USA at this time.

59 minutes ago, Linzz said:

All power to an investigation and let's get it done, Prove or disprove but until then it's very expedient to have a bogey man world wide when things don't go the way they "should" election wise. To say this is "not like anything we've seen in modern American history" is nonsense.

What about when Obama whispered supposedly out of hearing to the Russian ambassador to tell Vlad that he would be very flexible after the election? Was that a communication with an ambassador pre election or not?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9167332/Barack-Obama-microphone-gaffe-Ill-have-more-flexibility-after-election.html

And what of Senator Edward Kennedy's liaison with the KGB to deal with Reagan?

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

"Kennedy’s message was simple. He proposed an unabashed quid pro quo. Kennedy would lend Andropov a hand in dealing with President Reagan. In return, the Soviet leader would lend the Democratic Party a hand in challenging Reagan in the 1984 presidential election."

"When President Reagan chose to confront the Soviet Union, calling it the evil empire that it was, Sen. Edward Kennedy chose to offer aid and comfort to General Secretary Andropov"

“The media,” Kengor says, “ignored the revelation.”

And this was at a time when the Soviets were Communist. Was the Left  pro Russian then but now anti Russian?

So "historically speaking"  this was a great deal worse than anything today (it so far seems) with no consequences which were treasonable breaches to me. 

Whoever commits crimes should pay the price period...Gandhi, your grandmother, me, a Kennedy, it doesn't matter who.  If it's legit, prosecute, it's not bipartisan, it's simple.

And it just keeps getting deeper and deeper...

Three weeks before Election Day, Donald Trump Jr. left the campaign trail and the country to speak at a private dinner in Paris organized by an obscure pro-Russia group that promotes Kremlin foreign policy initiatives and has since nominated Russian President Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize.

For Donald Trump Jr., lingering questions about meeting with pro-Russia group
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr-lingering-questions-meeting-pro-russia-group/story?id=45858839

Nothing official there, so no harm done. Kusher's contact with the Russian ambassador may be a different story though.

sent using Tapatalk

I still want to know how Trump managed to sell a decaying Florida mansion to a Russian billionaire with ties to a KGB/Russian-owned bank for a $60 million dollar (150%) profit - in the middle of a global financial crisis.

Nothing murky sounding about that eh?

:whistling:

Edited by Chicog

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nonsense - desperate moves by powerless placeholders in congress. Does anyone believe Jeff Sesions is a commie mole?  Just last month the dems claimed he was KKK. 

ironic that liberals are trying a new Red Scare.    Is Schumer the new McCarthy?  Are you now now or have you ever been ....

Nonsense - desperate moves by powerless placeholders in congress. Does anyone believe Jeff Sesions is a commie mole?  Just last month the dems claimed he was KKK. 

ironic that liberals are trying a new Red Scare.    Is Schumer the new McCarthy?  Are you now now or have you ever been ....

Does it matter? He lied under oath, even Trump admitted that, he just claims it was an honest mistake.

sent using Tapatalk

Nobody said commie. Russia isn't commie. Russia is an authoritarian kleptocracy under Putin. Decent Americans don't want the same crapola under trump. Putin's influence on our election in favor of trump must be investigated by an independent authority. trump cannot be trusted.