Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

4 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Sorry sir. Maybe my choice of words was wrong. What I meant was a one bag system and always ready to go sounds awesome. Can't ever be caught unprepared that way. Wasn't poking fun at all.

OK, thank you.

21 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

I suggest wearing a shirt with collar when applying for visa or going through immigration for a 30 day. Didn't have to be smart but it looks better than a vest or old t-shirt.
Oh and maybe a smile.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

LOL do that. if I was immigration officer and I saw a man dressed up to the nines. Trying to get a 30 day exempt I would immediately start asking questions. Never yet seen a Tourist dressed up to the nines on entry.

Seems to me they are finally getting it right on long term stayers using exempt and multiple back to back SETV. There are options out there should you wish to stay long term and do not qualify for extensions based on marriage or retirement. 

You have a condo and millions in baht in accounts. It looks like you are living in Thailand on Tourist visas. This is not allowed. You said you have many tourist visas. If you are disobeying the Thai rules shouldn't you be excluded?

Just a guess of course.

Yeah Thailand's reached a new level of stupidity when dealing with visas and tourists. Think about it, we can only give money to this country and Thailand will give you nothing at best, and now plenty of trouble to obtain the pleasure to give Thailand money..... Just had a visa issued and stamped void in a consulate, and when asked why ? "You've had too many visas"  Yeah, so why issue it, stamp it void, then give me a stupid nonsensical reason ? ( It's a new year, and i'm allowed three)  After pointing out how stupid, how illegal, and how wrong their actions were, i was given a new visa........ two pages taken up because some halfwit didn't know the rules....... But that's Thailand eh, the rules change from one pair of greedy little hands to the next....... Relocation on the books........ The gigs over, time to stand back and watch it implode......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Yeah Thailand's reached a new level of stupidity when dealing with visas and tourists. Think about it, we can only give money to this country and Thailand will give you nothing at best, and now plenty of trouble to obtain the pleasure to give Thailand money..... Just had a visa issued and stamped void in a consulate, and when asked why ? "You've had too many visas"  Yeah, so why issue it, stamp it void, then give me a stupid nonsensical reason ? ( It's a new year, and i'm allowed three)  After pointing out how stupid, how illegal, and how wrong their actions were, i was given a new visa........ two pages taken up because some halfwit didn't know the rules....... But that's Thailand eh, the rules change from one pair of greedy little hands to the next....... Relocation on the books........ The gigs over, time to stand back and watch it implode......

You can only give money to this country and Thailand will give you nothing at best...so why come to Thailand to give money, go and give your money somewhere else..

I have known of foreigners who have been living here for donkey years and have no problems at least not with their visas..

• Like 1

You can only give money to this country and Thailand will give you nothing at best...so why come to Thailand to give money, go and give your money somewhere else..
I have known of foreigners who have been living here for donkey years and have no problems at least not with their visas..

Totally agree with this, no problems at all for many of us to stay in Thailand as we always following/fulfilled the Thai law when we have been requested at all times. I do feel very happy, staying and can lives with my Thai family in Thailand for the pass 18 years. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

14 hours ago, Essecola said:

A lot of people have written to get a proper visa if tourist visas aren't working out. If you aren't 50 and not married, aren't about to get a work permit and can't get Thailand Elite, then what is the proper visa? I have never seen so many posts of people being refused entry as there has been in the last week or so. Something is very weird now

If you are young (under 50), unmarried, no work permit, and don't have $15,000 in the bank (for Thailand Elite), there's no proper visa - you should be in your home country, making money, before settling down here.

Now, if you're a REAL tourist, which means the kind of tourist that comes for 2-3 weeks and goes back to his home country, then you will never run into any issues with exemption stamps / tourist visas.

Edited by SiamBeast
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

If you are young (under 50), unmarried, no work permit, and don't have $15,000 in the bank (for Thailand Elite), there's no proper visa - you should be in your home country, making money, before settling down here.

Are you Thai? You say, make 15k USD and then buy a elite visa? What a nonsense.

• Like 2

For those who say the tourist visa is not for those staying in Thailand at their own purchased condo, the following is on the visa application from the Thai Consulate Brisbane:

} TOURIST (stay up to 60 days per entry)
Single entry (AUD$45) Multiple entry (AUD$225)

For holiday purposes including Property-owning, Non-Educational

(such as Boxing,Cooking,Scuba Diving,Yoga,Massage,Culture Learning,etc) } Note: Tourist visa can be extended only once up to 30 days in Thailand

Property owners used to be able to get Non-O's before the crackdown-at least in the USA and Australia.  

• Like 1

If one were to get denied entry into Thailand due to too many tourist visa's, how could he/she be able to enter back into Thailand if they have their record is now tarnished with the 5 year alert on their file? 

5 minutes ago, Helios said:

If one were to get denied entry into Thailand due to too many tourist visa's, how could he/she be able to enter back into Thailand if they have their record is now tarnished with the 5 year alert on their file? 

What 5-year alert?  You would go to another entry-point and try again - this time with more documents to support your situation.  I'd also wait a week first.  That visa is good for an entry up to 90-days after issuance.  Another person who was denied at an airport (for not having the 20K Baht cash) used his visa to enter somewhere else later.

Edited by JackThompson
wrong thread for context mentioned.

^ You have a good point about the 10M baht in the account - people who have money but don't want to burn it can use the investor option with 10M baht.

If you have a location-independant source of income that doesn't require you to work in Thailand and yet allows you to "cash out" your money anywhere, then I am not sure what the Thai laws say about that - that'a a different story. Still, for someone who doesn't wish to lose capital, the solution you proposed seems appropriate.

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

What 5-year alert?  You would go to another entry-point and try again - this time with more documents to support your situation.  I'd also wait a week first.  That visa is good for an entry up to 90-days after issuance.  Another person who was denied at an airport (for not having the 20K Baht cash) used his visa to enter somewhere else later.

Well I was denied entry to Thailand about 2 months ago. They forced me to come back to America and told me that I could only enter Thailand on a Business visa if I ever wanted to return in the near future. They told me that I would have some kind of record in the system for 5 years for all IO's to see. 

Is there anyway around this right now? I applied for a new passport for starters. 

And what exactly is it that determines if you are allowed to fly back to where you flew in from if u are rejected at the airport? There are stories of those allowed to fly back to Singapore or Penang and then stories like the gentleman here who was sent across the Pacific Ocean to America.

On 3/4/2017 at 3:07 PM, overherebc said:

I would still have a hotel booking, 20,000 baht in cash and a flight ticket out with me even arriving on a tourist visa no matter where it was issued.

I had to produce my return ticket and hotel booking to get the tourist visa. They have a checklist on the website before you go to the embassy

20 minutes ago, Helios said:

Well I was denied entry to Thailand about 2 months ago. They forced me to come back to America and told me that I could only enter Thailand on a Business visa if I ever wanted to return in the near future. They told me that I would have some kind of record in the system for 5 years for all IO's to see. 

Is there anyway around this right now? I applied for a new passport for starters. 

Was this upon entry with a Tourist-Visa?  Please post the details to another thread, unless the reason given was "too many tourist visas."  If that was the reason, please provide the details here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Was this upon entry with a Tourist-Visa?  Please post the details to another thread, unless the reason given was "too many tourist visas."  If that was the reason, please provide the details here.

I was coming in on a 30 day visa on arrivals, BUT when they pulled me to their station an pulled up a history of my stay in Thailand, they saw that I had been living here on back to back tourist visa's for years. They then asked me to show them money, which I did ($1,500), then asked if I was working in Thailand, to which I was not. I showed them my bank statements from home where I pull money out every month and it still wasn't good enough for them. 

They called me a liar and said that I was trying to trick them and ended up denying me entry into Thailand. They told me that if I would need at least a Non-immigrant B visa if I wanted to come back soon and not a tourist visa. I was locked up at the airport jail for 2-3 days trying to get a flight back to America. Lots of airlines just didn't want to deal with a deportee. It was a mess. 

• Like 1

I was coming in on a 30 day visa on arrivals, BUT when they pulled me to their station an pulled up a history of my stay in Thailand, they saw that I had been living here on back to back tourist visa's for years. They then asked me to show them money, which I did ($1,500), then asked if I was working in Thailand, to which I was not. I showed them my bank statements from home where I pull money out every month and it still wasn't good enough for them. 

They called me a liar and said that I was trying to trick them and ended up denying me entry into Thailand. They told me that if I would need at least a Non-immigrant B visa if I wanted to come back soon and not a tourist visa. I was locked up at the airport jail for 2-3 days trying to get a flight back to America. Lots of airlines just didn't want to deal with a deportee. It was a mess. 

When you talk about '30 day tourist visa' are you referring to 30 day visa exempt as this is not really the same thing. If you continually enter on 30 day visa exempts then you have a higher chance of being pulled.
  • Like 1

What about a person who bought the Elite visa because they had no other option but decided they only want to be here 15-18 months later on? A large % of 15k is wasted. Too bad for them for being under 50 and unmarried right? Or maybe they should have chose somewhere else to live.

It would be nice if we could choose to live in whatever country we liked, but the world is not like that. If the visa/immigration laws/rules are too restrictive it should be something you take into account before you choose to live there. I quite fancy living in California but it isn't possible!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMC1 said:

When you talk about '30 day tourist visa' are you referring to 30 day visa exempt as this is not really the same thing. If you continually enter on 30 day visa exempts then you have a higher chance of being pulled.

Yes sir. It was the 30 day exempt that got me in trouble. I had 2 of those back to back, but my passport was FULLLLLLL of tourist visas which caught the eye of the IO. That's when the trouble began.

• Like 1

O.K.

I have 2 Bangkok Bank accounts here in Thailand and over 300K Thai Baht funds in them.

I receive a monthly retirement pension from the U.S. which shows up each month direct deposited to my Bangkok Bank account.

I have an ATM/debit card which I use for my living expenses from Bangkok Bank.

I don't use or need U.S.  Credit Cards here in  Thailand.

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

Now, if you're a REAL tourist, which means the kind of tourist that comes for 2-3 weeks and goes back to his home country, then you will never run into any issues with exemption stamps / tourist visas.

They could solve this problem by having consistent rules across all consulates.  They could also having more clear rules rather than 'hidden' rules that vary depending on the visa officer's mood of the day.  I.e.:

SETV : Limit of 2 per calendar year.

Total stay in Thailand limited to 3 months out of 6 months.

They could even follow up with a FAQ that all consulates follow with an answer to the following question:

What is a tourist? -- Someone who spends less than 90 days a year in Thailand.

What if I want to spend more than 6 months a year in Thailand? -- IF you are over 50 you can ask for retirement visa.  Otherwise you can apply for a PE Visa through Thailand Elite.

In the mean time, its best to follow these assumptions:

1) They don't want you here, only your money.

2) If you are here more than 90 days a year they immediately presume you are evil and up to no good and must be stopped.

3) Some consulates are willing to ignore the above assumptions because they want to collect some visa fees.

4) All else fails, prove to them you are wealthy by locking up 10M in bonds or slipping them 500k/1M in .. donations...

Although, to be fair, except for #3, most of those rules apply for all other countries :)  Perhaps if places like Laos/Penang/etc. stopped giving so many SETVs then at least we would have a uniform & consistent view of their behavior.

11 hours ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

How many times in 1 year do you enter on a 30 day tourist visa ? 

How many years have you been doing this ? 

There is no such thing as a 30 day Tourist Visa.    

A Single Entry Tourist Visas allow you 60 days in Thailand, and can be extended a further 30 days whilst you are in Thailand.