Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

2 hours ago, stevenl said:
So you're on extension, not on multi-B. So 90 days required, which are not required for people on multi-B.

Yes, but in my earlier post I was referring to the fact that no matter what visa (in this case multi-B ) you are on or extension, you cannot stay in Thailand for more than 90 days without 90 day reporting or leaving the country.

17 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

^ <deleted>  knows what that emoticon posted for!

I fixed it by putting a space between the B and ). You get this without the space B) because it equates to a smiley in code.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, survivalblue said:

You can come to the Philippines and stay as long as you want, immigration is straightforward and easy to work with here.  Plenty of condo options.   

It isn't Thailand by any means, but it's not bad here. 

The locals like talking to the foreigners and people are very friendly.

...but you might get caught in the drugs war cross-fire due to a president who hears God on a plane telling him not to swear.

2 certifiably insane presidents on the go right now.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, freedomnow said:

...but you might get caught in the drugs war cross-fire due to a president who hears God on a plane telling him not to swear.

2 certifiably insane presidents on the go right now.

Thailand did the same drugs war thing under thaksin in 2002-3, extrajudicial killing of thousands. It didn't affect foreigners (as long as Nana and Cowboy stay open!) and neither does what is happening in the Philippines. And at least they elected their president democratically.

18 minutes ago, jspill said:

Thailand did the same drugs war thing under thaksin in 2002-3, extrajudicial killing of thousands. It didn't affect foreigners (as long as Nana and Cowboy stay open!) and neither does what is happening in the Philippines. And at least they elected their president democratically.

Yeah, I haven't noticed any drug war and I walk all around Cebu City day and night.

People I've met don't really talk about it here, but I don't associate with people who use drugs. 

Duterte is pretty popular here. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, retoohs said:

I'm about to arrive for just over 60 days. Plan is to enter on 30 day visa exempt then travel to Laos for a week then fly back into Thailand for further 30 day exempt. Am I likely to have any issues

You are very unlikely to have issues with Thai immigration. However, assuming you are planning to fly to Thailand, you should be aware that airlines will often want to see a confirmed flight out of Thailand within 30 days when you are checking in for travel to Thailand without a visa. If you will be flying to Laos, and book the flight ahead of time, that is not an issue. Otherwise, you need to plan what to do if the airline does not want to check you in. If you look affluent, and are articulate, you can probably convince the supervisor to waive the onward ticket requirement, perhaps after signing an indemnity form. You should explain that you are aware of the IATA guidelines, but are well informed on Thai immigration policy, and know there will be no issue in your case (this is true). You should allow time to buy a ticket online (research in advance which one) in case you cannot check in without.

I was asked to show 20.000 bath when I last week returned from a Penang visarun with a 60 days visa.

My fourth 60 days visa in  my current four years old passport. In Penang they asked me to show rental contract for my short term apartment and my ticket back to EU.

Edited by trott
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, trott said:

I was asked to show 20.000 bath when I last week returned from a Penang visarun with a 60 days visa.

My fourth 60 days visa in  my current four years old passport. In Penang they asked me to show rental contract for my short term apartment and my ticket back to EU.

I thought Penang now wants onward tickets and hotel or accommodation bookings, not tickets to home country plus rental contract.

2 hours ago, Essecola said:

I thought Penang now wants onward tickets and hotel or accommodation bookings, not tickets to home country plus rental contract.

I am reasonably sure the report was what Thai immigration asked for on entry into Thailand, nothing to do with the requirements at the Penang consulate. Unfortunately, we must guess where he was reentering. There is a good chance it was Don Muang, on the assumption he was flying from Penang to Bangkok.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

I am reasonably sure the report was what Thai immigration asked for on entry into Thailand, nothing to do with the requirements at the Penang consulate. Unfortunately, we must guess where he was reentering. There is a good chance it was Don Muang, on the assumption he was flying from Penang to Bangkok.

He wrote it was in Penang they asked him for the rental contract and ticket to home country. Wouldn't imagine he needed to show 20k to anyone in Penang so you may be right he was asked to show it at Don Muang. Geez. Kind of ruins the whole flying experience knowing you may be interrogated and/or (hopefully not) deported upon arrival if 'unlucky'.

8 hours ago, Essecola said:

So far, from the reports I have read, a "rental contract" for an apt/condo in Thailand has been acceptable at every consulate where "hotel or accommodation bookings" have been requested.  I agree with the "onward tickets" - it does not have to be returning to your passport-nation.  Some consulates also want to see evidence of at least 20K Baht via a bank-statement or bank-book - evidently not Penang (yet).

10 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

So whats the limit on 30 day tourist visa stamps per year before you risk entry denial?

When entering by air, there is no clearly defined limit. You are allowed only two per year when entering by land.

The total visa exempt entries allowed is not restricted to the current year. The immigration official on entry receives a warning if you have six or more prior visa exempt entries over a not clearly defined period (seems to be at least two years, maybe more). The warning is not a command to deny entry (though some officials may try to claim it is). It is an instruction to the  immigration official to scrutinize your entry more closely to see if you are a genuine tourist, not working illegally in Thailand. At the major Bangkok airports, you would quite likely be referred to a supervisor, and need to convince them that you have funds from overseas, and are not working.

Short answer, maybe six visa exempt entries in the past, regardless of the number in the current year.

There is a post on ThaiVisa that warns that Thai immigration plans to become more stringent about requiring people to have a visa that matches their period of stay beginning in August.  You can search for it.  It gives the reasoning for the crackdown.  People who attempt to stay long-term in Thailand by using visa-exempt or tourist visa entries should take note of the warning.  In the future, immigration officers will be noting how long you actually stay in Thailand and whether your type of entry is appropriate.

9 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

There is a post on ThaiVisa that warns that Thai immigration plans to become more stringent about requiring people to have a visa that matches their period of stay beginning in August.  You can search for it.  It gives the reasoning for the crackdown.  People who attempt to stay long-term in Thailand by using visa-exempt or tourist visa entries should take note of the warning.  In the future, immigration officers will be noting how long you actually stay in Thailand and whether your type of entry is appropriate.

IMHO that's fair enough.

tried to enter at Suvarnabhumi just with EU passport and got denied entry because of too many tourist visa/visa exemption on arrival. When asked for money proof I showed my Thai banks ATM cards but they wanted to see only cash (that I could not access before Immigration barrier)
What sort of crazy place has Thailand become ? now I will go to Phnom Pehn to see if they can give me a visa and will try to re enter just to recover the staff in my Pattaya condo and the millions baht in my stock/market and bank accounts , but I am seriously thinking to relocate. 

Maybe get the Thailand Elite visa if you have the funds for it.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

14 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Couldn't find that post, if you do would you please post the link, thanks.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, BritTim said:

When entering by air, there is no clearly defined limit. You are allowed only two per year when entering by land.

The total visa exempt entries allowed is not restricted to the current year. The immigration official on entry receives a warning if you have six or more prior visa exempt entries over a not clearly defined period (seems to be at least two years, maybe more). The warning is not a command to deny entry (though some officials may try to claim it is). It is an instruction to the  immigration official to scrutinize your entry more closely to see if you are a genuine tourist, not working illegally in Thailand. At the major Bangkok airports, you would quite likely be referred to a supervisor, and need to convince them that you have funds from overseas, and are not working.

Short answer, maybe six visa exempt entries in the past, regardless of the number in the current year.

Thank you Brittim

23 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Sure this isn't something from August 2014? Where is this actual post u refer to on Thaivisa ?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Sure this isn't something from August 2014? Where is this actual post u refer to on Thaivisa ?

It is indeed poor journalism that mixes up news from Aug 2014 about visa exempts. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 2:27 PM, BritTim said:

This is the best answer I have seen on this topic so far.Like BritTim is saying.There is no clearly defined limit on how many visa exempts you can have.No-one can even say how many days you need to stay outside the Kingdom before coming back in on a exempt again.Under 50 and not married you dont have many other options.I can only guess if you are more outside then inside the country you may be flagged and stopped, but not denied if you just have a good enough explenation for staying here.Ive beed stopped once.6-7 trips ago and nothing after that.Never shown any cash.Only my return-ticked.I do carry the cash,the house-book and my small ones birth-sertificate just incase.This is not any news at all.Its been like this for years and years.

6 hours ago, Odin Norway said:

This is the best answer I have seen on this topic so far.Like BritTim is saying.There is no clearly defined limit on how many visa exempts you can have.No-one can even say how many days you need to stay outside the Kingdom before coming back in on a exempt again.Under 50 and not married you dont have many other options.I can only guess if you are more outside then inside the country you may be flagged and stopped, but not denied if you just have a good enough explenation for staying here.Ive beed stopped once.6-7 trips ago and nothing after that.Never shown any cash.Only my return-ticked.I do carry the cash,the house-book and my small ones birth-sertificate just incase.This is not any news at all.Its been like this for years and years.

why dont you get the correct visa?

8 minutes ago, ericthai said:

why dont you get the correct visa?

There is no visa, that is why they call it visa exempt.

It does allow a correct permission of stay for people that travel a lot.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1