Rejected entry to Thailand because too many tourist visa

15 hours ago, dbrenn said:

OP - if you are as cashed up as you say you are, then just buy a Thailand Elite visa - gives you up to 20 years unfettered access to Thailand, one year on each entry, hassle free, extendable in-country. 

Problem solved.

Short and precise. Cool. :stoner:

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I used to stay here on the one year multi B visas.   I never did a 90 day report, I used to just fly out for a few days and then back in.

No one even told me there was such a thing as a 90 day report.   

Sorry, but you don't have to do 90-day reports when on a Multiple- B. You've got to leave the country. Somehow. 

1 hour ago, jspill said:

Everyone knew what you meant but thaivisa posters are very anal about the correct nomenclature. I can understand the need for accuracy in certain situations but this wasn't one of them. 

Next time call it a visa on arrival that gets them riled up as well :)

We understood what he meant, he did not understand what we meant, specifically seancbk's post about a tourist visa and 60 days, most likely because he probably never had a sticker from an Embassy and he only used visa exempts. So we explained what Sean meant.

Wasn't picking on the terminology :)

Edited by lkv

1 hour ago, ajarngreg said:
3 hours ago, seancbk said:

I used to stay here on the one year multi B visas.   I never did a 90 day report, I used to just fly out for a few days and then back in.

Sorry, but you don't have to do 90-day reports when on a Multiple- B. You've got to leave the country. Somehow.

I had a work permit back then.   

As I said no-one told me about 90 day reports, so I used to just pop over to see my Sister in Singapore whenever I felt like it.   Sometimes once a month, sometimes every few months.  Was great having a multi entry visa.   

So what visa do you have to do reports on?  

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Totally agree with this statement, me too and that was few years ago and I did it the same. Not to stay till 90 days and can forget about the 90 days reporting. Enjoy more holiday for yourself to make yourself happy......life is short.

5 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Ha ha, i've probably been coming to Thailand longer than you are old..... And yes, it's looking easier everyday just to forget Thailand until it grows up........ Malaysia welcomes foreigners and tourists and gives free visas......... You can own a house, a car, a bank account, and not every Somchai has got his hand out for handout.......... It's sad what's happened to Thailand, but then again, greed always shines through..........

Have you looked at Malaysia 's requirements?  They want $33,000 in a Malaysian bank account at all times or $2300 USD per month income so not that much different from Thailand. Thailand you can own a condo, dont know why you say anything about a bank account and owning a car as all of this can easily be done in Thailand.  As for every Thai having his hand out, then maybe you should get out of the tourist areas. 

Have you looked at Malaysia 's requirements?  They want $33,000 in a Malaysian bank account at all times or $2300 USD per month income so not that much different from Thailand. Thailand you can own a condo, dont know why you say anything about a bank account and owning a car as all of this can easily be done in Thailand.  As for every Thai having his hand out, then maybe you should get out of the tourist areas. 

Malaysia issues 90 days free visa exempt stamps to most nationalities and you can go in and out as much as you wish

Sent from my PULP using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, samsensam said:

if you are planning to stay here for long periods you need a better strategy than back to back tourist visas and visa exemptions, otherwise you are potentially inviting problems. tourist visas are, after all, for tourists.

Also holidaymakers and I choose to go on holiday for 10 months a year. That being said you are quite correct in they you are potentially inviting problems. Been here since '99 on tourist visas/ visa exempt entries and never once had a problem but these days it is becoming more likely that I will. The introduction of the METV was a pain as it would mean I have to be dishonest and I'm not willing to do that. End of the day I turn 50 come May 3rd and returned last Friday from Penang on a SETV which will last until way after my birthday so I can do away with all this tourist visa stuff. Only issue for me is opening a Thai bank account to drop 800k in as the banks on Samui all refuse to do it. Some time in the next month or so I'm going to have to go up to Bangkok and open one there because I believe the money needs to be seasoned for 2 months. I should get onto this because I don't really know anything about non-o's based on retirement and associated extensions. One thing I have noticed is that some people still have to leave every 90 days while some just go to immigration and 'sign on' at it were. No idea why.

To keep on topic.... I always have my rental agreement along with 20k (THB) when entering the country. Never once been asked for either but better safe than sorry.

I had a work permit back then.   

As I said no-one told me about 90 day reports, so I used to just pop over to see my Sister in Singapore whenever I felt like it.   Sometimes once a month, sometimes every few months.  Was great having a multi entry visa.   

So what visa do you have to do reports on?  

You certainly do have to report on a multi-b if you are in Thailand for over 90 days continuous. I know as I've been on a non B/Work permit for 15 years. If I am not on a trip overseas and know I'll be in Thailand for 90 days or more then my company take my passport and do my 90 day report for me, if not they get fined.

^ Email sent to our employees a few years ago to remind all foreign employees not to forget their 90 day reporting:

'Dear All,

Since the new regulations established of 90 days has been released from the Immigration Department which is effective immediately.. Please be informed that any expats who fail to renew your 90 days, these will be a penalty fee of THB 1,000.- for all cases..

Please learn the regulations carefully:

TO NOTIFY STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS

The Expats permitted to stay longer in the Kingdom MUST notify your location of stay at the Immigration Offices every 90 days counted from your latest entrance into Thailand or from your current 90 days slip attached into your passport.. Best way to avoid the penalty fee is to inform us your ETA & ETD Thailand - in order for us to keep track of 90 days for you otherwise you will be fined THB 1,000.- when it expired..

Thank you for your best attention to this information in advance.. If you have any questions regarding this subject, please feel free to contact our teams for further assistance..'

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

You certainly do have to report on a multi-b if you are in Thailand for over 90 days continuous. I know as I've been on a non B/Work permit for 15 years. If I am not on a trip overseas and know I'll be in Thailand for 90 days or more then my company take my passport and do my 90 day report for me, if not they get fined.

How do you stay for more than 90 days unless you are on some kind of one year extension, which I thought was just for marriage and retirement.

I had a work permit and one year multi B visas, that mean't I could only stay here for 90 days at a time.

Not that it matters now.  This was a few years ago.

And are you on multi B or extension of stay?

sent using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And are you on multi B or extension of stay?

sent using Tapatalk

Very simple to follow. If you or your company report to Imm' every 90 days you are on an extension of stay, you no longer have a visa, it has been converted to an extension of stay. Different conditions apply.

If you have to leave and return every 90 days you have a one year multi entry visa.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

Very simple to follow. If you or your company report to Imm' every 90 days you are on an extension of stay, you no longer have a visa, it has been converted to an extension of stay. Different conditions apply.
If you have to leave and return every 90 days you have a one year multi entry visa.

Exactly, but the writer was confused, hence my question.

sent using Tapatalk

How do you stay for more than 90 days unless you are on some kind of one year extension, which I thought was just for marriage and retirement.

I had a work permit and one year multi B visas, that mean't I could only stay here for 90 days at a time.

I expect he had an Extension based on work. No need to leave the country but 90 day reporting required.

The basic mis-understanding of the difference between visa/extension can and probably gets people in hot water. eg they arrive on a one year multi and believe they can stay for one year, don't leave and re-enter for a good few months, never check the stamp dates in their passports and just look at the issued on/enter by dates on the big sticker.

When they decide to go somewhere the airport or border is the time they find out they are two months over their leave by date.

We all know the simple way things could be changed ref' a one year visa but that's not really for this thread.

?

Edited by overherebc

23 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, multi-B for first year and extension for past 14 years.

Thread side tracked a little here!

As the OP hasn't posted for a while we need to talk about something.

For me the end result is it's quite possible that Imm' just might be looking closely at SETV/METV entries to ensure that those using them are in fact going to be here on holiday.

The first couple of times we went to UK my wife was asked a couple of questions in a nice way and answered in an equally nice way.

She's had three UK visas and each one has been used for a couple of weeks. If she had stayed for 6 months almost back to back on each one then I'm sure it wouldn't be 'welcome back' have a nice holiday. It would be, can you follow me we need to have a talk with a Supervisor.

Why should Thailand be any different?

• Like 1

For me the end result is it's quite possible that Imm' just might be looking closely at SETV/METV entries to ensure that those using them are in fact going to be here on holiday.

The first couple of times we went to UK my wife was asked a couple of questions in a nice way and answered in an equally nice way.

She's had three UK visas and each one has been used for a couple of weeks. If she had stayed for 6 months almost back to back on each one then I'm sure it wouldn't be 'welcome back' have a nice holiday. It would be, can you follow me we need to have a talk with a Supervisor.

I agree. My Mrs has had multiple UK visitor visas and only stayed for 4 week holidays each time. They usually ask a few questions on arrival at UK but not every time.

The fact is Thailand has changed. I remember in the 90's guys living in Thailand on visa exempts. Their passports would be kept at the local 'travel agency' and automatically sent on visa runs for the next stamp!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

I agree. My Mrs has had multiple UK visitor visas and only stayed for 4 week holidays each time. They usually ask a few questions on arrival at UK but not every time.

The fact is Thailand has changed. I remember in the 90's guys living in Thailand on visa exempts. Their passports would be kept at the local 'travel agency' and automatically sent on visa runs for the next stamp!

Living and working in some circumstances.

That's is the reason! But people always only complain about Thailand and don't want to know how they own country immigration have been banning so many foreigners for holiday in they country.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, multi-B for first year and extension for past 14 years.

Thread side tracked a little here!

So you're on extension, not on multi-B. So 90 days required, which are not required for people on multi-B.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

So you're on extension, not on multi-B. So 90 days required, which are not required for people on multi-B.

We're running around in circles.

Non B multiple allows unlimited entries over the course of 12 months with a permission of stay of 90 day per entry. So noone can stay longer than 90 days at a time, unless they get an extension of one of the entries. You can have a multi non B still valid and one of your entries extended in the same time. The only non B that "expires" or shall i say is used upon entry is the single entry non B (because it allows one entry).

You can also be on 12 month extension of stay of an entry derived from a non B (either single or multiple), with a multiple reentry permit attached, and still not need to do a 90 day report if you never stay in Thailand more than 90 days.

A 90 day report is exactly what it says: you need to do it when you continuously stay in Thailand more than 90 days starting from the moment you entered the country at any given time.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2017 at 6:08 PM, Asiantravel said:

like  Neil McCauley(played by Robert De Niro) said in the 1995 movie "  Heat "

" Don’t let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.”

And the same line delivered by James Caan years earlier in Michael Mann's first film "Thief".

• Like 1

You can come to the Philippines and stay as long as you want, immigration is straightforward and easy to work with here.  Plenty of condo options.   

It isn't Thailand by any means, but it's not bad here. 

The locals like talking to the foreigners and people are very friendly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

An entry on a non B visa can also be extended at Immigration for 12 months, it's not only for marriage/requirements. However, there are stringent requirements set in place by Immigration when they grant these extensions in regards to capital,staff, amount of tax paid (important), etc that many companies either cannot meet or don't wish to bother with the complex paperwork. Hence, multiple nonB is an easier route.

We're running around in circles.

Non B multiple allows unlimited entries over the course of 12 months with a permission of stay of 90 day per entry. So noone can stay longer than 90 days at a time, unless they get an extension of one of the entries. You can have a multi non B still valid and one of your entries extended in the same time. The only non B that "expires" or shall i say is used upon entry is the single entry non B (because it allows one entry).

You can also be on 12 month extension of stay of an entry derived from a non B (either single or multiple), with a multiple reentry permit attached, and still not need to do a 90 day report if you never stay in Thailand more than 90 days.

A 90 day report is exactly what it says: you need to do it when you continuously stay in Thailand more than 90 days starting from the moment you entered the country at any given time.

Yes, we're running around in circles because incorrect information was given. The difference between a visa and extension can be important, as it is here.

sent using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, we're running around in circles because incorrect information was given. The difference between a visa and extension can be important, as it is here.

sent using Tapatalk

I believe the reason seancbk has never done a 90 day report is because he never stayed in Thailand for more than 90 days on an entry, whether on the original visa or any of the extensions. He mentioned he travels a lot. Maybe he can clarify this. But i believe that to be the case.

Edited by lkv