Watching Youtube Clips

crabstix

I am trying to watch some youtube clips. After I have waited for the download, I hit play and it will only play the first say 5 seconds of a 4 minute clip then the screen will flash and it will ask me if I want to see the clip again (athough it had only played a few seconds of the clip). How can I watch the whole clip?

It helps to tell us what your computer is, what operating system you use, how fast is your connection, etc.

My guess is that you may need to either upgrade your flash player, get a more powerful system, or a faster connection. But until you supply the info, I can only guess.

It helps to tell us what your computer is, what operating system you use, how fast is your connection, etc.

My guess is that you may need to either upgrade your flash player, get a more powerful system, or a faster connection. But until you supply the info, I can only guess.

Sorry for the incomplete info. I am using XP, AMD Athlon processor (1.83 Ghz) 768 RAM and TT&T adsl connection 256/128kbps. I used to be able to play youtube clips (about a month ago) but for some funny reason I can't anymore.

I have the same in problem, I have a 1mb tt&t connection, stopped working about a week ago. Ive got a powerfull machine so im sure its not that and tt&t have been nothing but a pain in the ass to ill put the problem down to there crap connection.

Edited by Jared

Ok, try re-installing the flash player to be sure its up to date and bug free. A browser update can bugger them up. Make sure that the flash plugin is updated in firefox seperately if that's what you're using.

http://www.macromedia.com/

Now when the clip starts, hit pause right away until the clip has buffered fully, then click play. If it's the connection, that will solve the problem. The latency between you and YouTube may mean they aren't feeding it to you as fast as you can read it. I have a 10,000 kb/s connection, and live on the same coast as the YouTube servers, and still have to buffer clips like that sometimes so it's probably on their end, not yours.

There's also a nice Firefox extension called Ook! that will download the videos to your hard drive.

I have the same in problem, I have a 1mb tt&t connection, stopped working about a week ago. Ive got a powerfull machine so im sure its not that and tt&t have been nothing but a pain in the ass to ill put the problem down to there crap connection.

same problem here. yup pause it and let it download or download youtube stuff using DownThemAll or Ook through mozilla firefox.

Sometimes, even when as vic suggested, let the load screen finish, then Pause it in the first second, and go and do other things, til the vdo is fully loaded (buffered) and the red "play" bar is full.

This is generally the way, although, I have to mention, that every now and then, even when showing a full bar of red, it will still stop after half a minute or so. I suspect in some case it is the vdo itself that perhaps wasn't loaded properly...??