Borrowing Money For Farrangs In Thailand

Hello!

I have two questions. Wonder if anyone can help....

1) My fiance and I (neither are Thai) own a condo in Bangkok. We are currently setting up a company and are currently on Non-Immigrant Visas. I wll have a work permit shortly.

I want to buy a car on finance. I have been told that with my offshore income (paid into our bank account) and the length of my banking history finance on a car should not be a problem.

I want a car as soon as possible and it may be a month or so before the paperwork is complete.

Would we be able to use the condo as security for a car loan now without a work permit?

I am also considering borrowing to buy the car (although we can afford to buy it outright) to 'use' some of the excess money it appears we must pay ourselves on a Work Visa... I was wondering if there may be some way of getting a tax break by doing that or the following...

2) Because we own our condo and some land (via our company) up North we do not need 50,000 Baht a month to live on. If we have to pay ourselves this money we are effectivly overpaying ourselves and paying tax on income we do not need!!! What I would like to do is reduce our wages. But I am not sure if that is possible.

I had an idea of re-investing some of our salary into our company. If I did this in the UK, for example, we would get tax relief. This is acceptable to me and a good use of our excess salary.

It also means we are not paying tax on money we do not need!!!

We are also still investing the money in Thailand.. Does anyone know if this is acceptable?

Thanks,

scratt :o