Welcome to Pattaya - Russian lady out for a stroll gets impaled on a spike

webfact

Welcome to Pattaya - Russian lady out for a stroll gets impaled on a spike

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTAYA: -- The hazards of a trip to Pattaya were emphasized on Tuesday when a Russian tourist got impaled on a spike when out for an evening stroll.

Tatiana Kusina, 33, was out walking in Soi 10 near the beach at Jomtien when a metal spike speared her foot, Daily News reported.

It happened at a vacant plot of land where the owner had put the spikes in concrete to stop parking.

Medics were called who found Tatania screaming in agony. The metal had entered her foot between the little toe and the next toe on her right foot.

A cutting tool was used to free her before she was taken to Pattaya Memorial to have surgeons finish the job.

Locals told Daily News that they had seen the tourist out for a walk in the area when the accident occurred.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-08

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

It can be very dangerous to walk around here at times.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully, the land owner will pay for the hospital bills.

Hospital bills plus a totally new holiday to Thailand since this one is ruined by him. Also his actions ruined the "good image" of Pattaya and Thailand so he has to fix that as well.

And where was the government in their job to protect all quality tourists??? Was it in the safe zone? Beachroad should be a safe place to walk around, it's already hard enough to avoid the idiot drivers and criminal ladyboys there.

11 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Private land so wasn't she trespassing...

i say jail time unless she can come up with 150k bail...

Was it posted?  In multiple languages?  If cars can get in, it's definitely not secured.

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

Hospital bills plus a totally new holiday to Thailand since this one is ruined by him. Also his actions ruined the "good image" of Pattaya and Thailand so he has to fix that as well.

And where was the government in their job to protect all quality tourists??? Was it in the safe zone? Beachroad should be a safe place to walk around, it's already hard enough to avoid the idiot drivers and criminal ladyboys there.

Sounds like your a Pattaya fan. LOL

Edited by Hooliganzone

You guys just don't get it. Part of Buddha's teaching is to "be present in the moment". One might conclude that with all the spikes, tripping hazards, low wires, etc TAT could promote Thailand as a training center of sorts "Be present in the moment..... or suffer the consequences"

It's like I'm reliving my youth here in more ways than one.

Spikes and broken glass on property walls, hanging electric death cables everywhere, blocked footpaths and trip hazards or no footpaths at all.

Not giving my age away as such, but I think I remember all the above and more 50 years ago.

While you are walking along,looking for potholes,spikes and other dangers,

you get bumped on the head by low hanging sign,or live wire.

You go out for a stroll and take your life in your hands,squeeze past big

woks full of boiling oil,or step into the road as the paths are  too crowded

and get your arm nearly taken off by a motor bike.that's why you never

see Thais pushing prams,only Farangs.

regards Worgeordie

17 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

While you are walking along,looking for potholes,spikes and other dangers,

you get bumped on the head by low hanging sign,or live wire.

You go out for a stroll and take your life in your hands,squeeze past big

woks full of boiling oil,or step into the road as the paths are  too crowded

and get your arm nearly taken off by a motor bike.that's why you never

see Thais pushing prams,only Farangs.

regards Worgeordie

Nah, that's just where you go, head somewhere a little more upmarket than the woks of boiling oil in the street and you will also not encounter any of those other dangers and you will actually also see Thais pushing prams.

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Mate they are tracking down and arresting people with E cigarettes 

What an idiot landowner!
I'm picturing somebody tripping on one of the spikes only to land on the next one through the chest or head.... How incredibly stupid can people be!??? Oops... I forgot what city we're talking about here... The landowner is probably a local city genius.

9 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Mate they are tracking down and arresting people with E cigarettes 

Haha yes i know but i see more of them every week, just smoking it in public at the malls' smoking area's.

Putting sharp pointed pins in floors next to the beach without any fence around it is asking for problems. The Thai still are 25 years behind in their laws.