Welcome to Pattaya - Russian lady out for a stroll gets impaled on a spike

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use your eyes in the traffic , when you walk and look up if you're under a palm tree ,  Just some "simple" rules that will keep you alive. 

Not just your feet that you have to worry about. Our house is next to "Seven Seas" Condo Development.

This re-bar fell / was thrown  from the construction site and landed impaled in the grass beside where my wife was standing,  watering the grass.

If it fell just a metre to the left , she would be dead !

Joy - Steel from 7 Seas Feb 4 2014.jpg

22 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

It can be very dangerous to walk around here at times.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully, the land owner will pay for the hospital bills.

Not only should the owners pay her medical bills and some compensation and  should get a hefty fine .

16 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

What about this one at Tesco Lotus Chaweng, not far Home Pro entance?

I asked to speak to a manager at Home Pro, showed the photo taken with my telephone, telling it was a narrow shave with my tire, three people came with me...Antarai kap.... one year later it is still there!

IMG_0838.jpg

Get a sledgehammer, pound that sucker over.  TVF Member "kannot" got tired of the potholes on his soi, fixed them himself.  Caused a stir with the local idiots, but..... the holes are fixed.  If he ran for Mayor, he'd probably win.  :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay

On 3/8/2017 at 10:07 AM, Allstars said:

In civilized countries the land owner will be taken to court for putting the spikes there, not sure however about Thailand, since I mentioned civilized countries.

It would depend on what 'contacts' the owner has and knowing Thailand all would be good contacts as far as the almost guaranteed losing foreigner is concerned.

On 03/08/2017 at 3:13 PM, little mary sunshine said:

New TAT slogan:  Come to LOS.."At Your Own Risk"..

Add to that

But don't worry if you should suffer serious injury, you will be totally covered by our free emergency medical treatment

In civilized countries the land owner will be taken to court for putting the spikes there, not sure however about Thailand, since I mentioned civilized countries.

In civilized world they out spikes outside banks etc. To stop homeless from sleeping there
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/homeless-spikes-manchester-homelessness-rough-sleeping-a7551136.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:40 AM, craigt3365 said:

It can be very dangerous to walk around here at times.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  Hopefully, the land owner will pay for the hospital bills.

Really, or the land owner could sue the woman for trespassing.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, kentrot said:

Not just your feet that you have to worry about. Our house is next to "Seven Seas" Condo Development.

This re-bar fell / was thrown  from the construction site and landed impaled in the grass beside where my wife was standing,  watering the grass.

If it fell just a metre to the left , she would be dead !

Joy - Steel from 7 Seas Feb 4 2014.jpg

Unlucky me old son.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:00 AM, webfact said:

Locals told Daily News that they had seen the tourist out for a walk in the area when the accident occurred.

Accident? The cause is clearly avoidable, were it not for the stupidity gene. But then Thailand has worse hazards sticking out, all too often on the pavements, at eye level, and with damn-all room to get past.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, cardinalblue said:

Private land so wasn't she trespassing...

i say jail time unless she can come up with 150k bail...

wouldnt that require a  sign saying private land do not trespass?