Big Lizard In The Avenue.

sharecropper

When I saw this last week in the Avenue Mall, I initially thought it was a very lifelike statue of an iguana, but when I walked back later, some Russkies were feeding it and I discovered it was indeed real.

No idea what it was doing there though. Maybe attracted to all that empty space.

February 2017 (14).jpg

February 2017 (15).jpg

February 2017 (17).jpg

My first encounter with an iguana in my back yard in Mexico freaked me out.  Then I realized she was more afraid of me.  Never could make friends with her, but she ate a heck of a lot of decorative plants in the yard.  The gardener said some of them might make her sick, but they must have tasted good going down.

I wonder where the one in The Avenue came from.  Are there lizards that big in Central Pattaya in the wild?  One that size seems unlikely to have been someone's house pet, unless they had a BIG house.

you will find it is a pet and belongs to one of the tenants in an upstairs shop. the security guards keep a watch on it  and don't seem worried about getting hold of it if he starts wandering too far away.

Edited by Asiantravel

I have seen it the 3-4 times I have been there, I always thought it belonged to the real estate office there as thats where I have seen it. I thought it was fake at first, until it moved.

• 10 months later...