Kansas man in 'get out of my country' shooting of Indian man appears in court

webfact

Kansas man in 'get out of my country' shooting of Indian man appears in court

REUTERS

r3.jpg

Adam Purinton, 51, accused of killing Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, and wounding Alok Madasani, 32, as well as an American who tried to intervene, appearing via video conference from jail during his initial court appearance in Olathe, Kansas, U.S., February 27, 2017. REUTERS/Jill Toyoshiba/The Kansas City Star/Pool - RTS10OOJ

OLATHE, Kansas (Reuters) - A Kansas man accused of killing an Indian software engineer and shooting two other people while shouting "get out of my country" appeared in Johnson County Circuit Court on Thursday as lawyers worked out a schedule for his upcoming trial.

At the short hearing, alleged shooter Adam Purinton, 51, sat quietly, wearing an orange jumpsuit and looking haggard, his hair scraggly, sometimes whispering to his attorney.

Purinton is charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32. He is also charged with two counts of attempted murder for wounding Alok Madasani, 32, and an American, Ian Grillot, 24, who tried to intervene.

The shootings raised concerns in India, which sends many immigrants to the United States, and highlighted a spike in hate speech and alleged hate crimes in America in recent months.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has said the number of hate groups in the United States rose for a second straight year in 2016, linking the increase to the recent U.S. election, in which heated rhetoric targeted immigrants, refugees and Muslims.

The appearance was Purinton's second since the Feb. 22 shootings at Austin’s Bar and Grill in Olathe, a Kansas City suburb. Another hearing was scheduled to be held in May to determine a schedule for more hearings and a trial.

(Reporting by Karen Dillon; Writing by Sharon Bernstein; Editing by James Dalgleish)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-03-10

What most of these incredibly ignorant country boys do not even get, is that there is a huge difference between the population of India, and that of the Arab world. Many Indians are very accomplished, incredibly smart, amazing scientists, doctors, engineers, architects, and bring alot to the table. The US needs the talents of the Indians. Indians have helped to make America what it is. Now, the Arab populations of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Pakistan, bring alot less to the table. But, idiots like this goon cannot even see the difference. They see dark skin, and they go ballistic. Not white! Not pure! Not inbred! Kill him! 

Hope he gets life in prison, where he can make alot of new friends. My guess is that they like country boys in there, and they will show him alot of stuff, and introduce him to a way of life he did not even consider a possibility before he mindlessly pulled that trigger. 

On 3/10/2017 at 11:35 AM, spidermike007 said:

What most of these incredibly ignorant country boys do not even get, is that there is a huge difference between the population of India, and that of the Arab world. Many Indians are very accomplished, incredibly smart, amazing scientists, doctors, engineers, architects, and bring alot to the table. The US needs the talents of the Indians. Indians have helped to make America what it is. Now, the Arab populations of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Pakistan, bring alot less to the table. But, idiots like this goon cannot even see the difference. They see dark skin, and they go ballistic. Not white! Not pure! Not inbred! Kill him! 

Hope he gets life in prison, where he can make alot of new friends. My guess is that they like country boys in there, and they will show him alot of stuff, and introduce him to a way of life he did not even consider a possibility before he mindlessly pulled that trigger. 

Though I don't disagree with the point of your post, it is important (especially to the Pakistani) that you realize that Pakistani are not Arabs. 

TH 

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

I am going to be interested to hear what set him off.

There has been much racist malice in the right wing press in America.

I am keen to know if it lies behind this dreadful attack.

I also hope the fella gets to share a cell with the biggest, meanest African American in the jail.

3 hours ago, thaihome said:

Though I don't disagree with the point of your post, it is important (especially to the Pakistani) that you realize that Pakistani are not Arabs. 

TH 

True but with the presence of the Taliban in Pakistan it is easy to make the association.  It is also worth saying that there are many very talented Pakistanis who bring much needed skills to the USA and Europe.  Nothing is ever black and white

Terrible case. This was a guy who loved his life in the US, loved the US as a country. These nutters are not unknown, they surfaced after 9/11 and some Indians were killed then( including Turban-wearing Sikhs as well as Hindus. Now that Trump's wicked whack-job friends are providing succour, elements of the loony fringe are back, with guns.

Edited by Prbkk

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So, are you suggesting they should kill Arabs instead!?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, spidermike007 said:

"Now, the Arab populations of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Pakistan, bring alot less to the table."

The Arab population of Pakistan?  Have you discovered some long lost Arab tribe wandering about Baluchistan?

On 3/10/2017 at 0:53 PM, thaihome said:

TH 

Good point. I certainly misspoke when I referred to Pakistanis as Arabs. What I meant is that their government is no friend to the Western world. The incredibly duplicitous nature of their spy services, and their continued support of terrorists, and willingness to allow them safe harbor, for a price, reveals that government to be exactly what it is. 

Edited by spidermike007

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Now, the Arab populations of Saudi Arabia,

Hahah do you have an idea of what is really the petrodollar is all about.

And why don't the Indians help contribute in making their heavily populated country live in decency,  many people in Bombay do it on the streets instead of the rest rooms.

Edited by redwinecheese

Just now, ddavidovsky said:

Bunch of people who, after several thousand years, were still living in tents. The American Indians didn't develop.

Congratulations!

Only 20 posts in and:

You have grandly defined ignorance. :clap2:

Where’d ya gather your information for that stellar observation?

The movies? Comic books?

You just couldn’t resist inserting your imperious, ignorant stereotype could you?

4 hours ago, iReason said:

Congratulations!

Only 20 posts in and:

You have grandly defined ignorance. :clap2:

Where’d ya gather your information for that stellar observation?

The movies? Comic books?

You just couldn’t resist inserting your imperious, ignorant stereotype could you?

They were still living in tents. No cities, no universities, no industry, no social institutions, no scientific advancement, they were bogged down in a primitive potlatch society ruled by superstition.

Western Europeans, by dint of centuries of hard work and social organisation, were far advanced.

For human societies, like it or not, economics defines morality.

3 hours ago, iReason said:

And by the way, what exactly do you mean by that statement?

"Dare do anything" about what?

Dare complain about the things that liberal PC society has outlawed.

To explain further: liberals have everything they want; they are comfortable and secure in their lives; what is most important for them is to maintain that comfort and security. Their method of achieving this is by leniency, appeasement, and multicultural largesse. They are basically afraid.

Tough guys who have nothing, have more to lose in the competition with immigrants, and therefore have nothing to lose in the fight. Hence they speak their mind. Hence it's only the fascist mobs you see making the point.

Edited by ddavidovsky

20 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Hahah do you have an idea of what is really the petrodollar is all about.

And why don't the Indians help contribute in making their heavily populated country live in decency,  many people in Bombay do it on the streets instead of the rest rooms.

I suggest you consume more cheese and less red wine. Can anyone construe sense out of this comment?

Edited by ilostmypassword

6 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

They were still living in tents. No cities, no universities, no industry, no social institutions, no scientific advancement, they were bogged down in a primitive potlatch society ruled by superstition.

Western Europeans, by dint of centuries of hard work and social organisation, were far advanced.

And where did the western Europeans got their knowledge of science from? don't argue if it wasn't from the Arabs.

Starting from the end of this thread but, when Britons were living in dirty pits grunting at each other wearing animal skins things in "India" were different. Science math arts writing, music philosophical things, etc. Indian Americans in USA are by average more educated, weathier and more upwardly mobile on average than the "natives".

As for this pathetic hateful murderer piece of crap they said he was on a multi-year bender struggling with alcohol. Whether or not he meant to kill arabs or iranians is just as bad. Hopefully after he dries up in jail and realizes what a monumental idiot he is? Life sentence for sure.

23 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

They were still living in tents. No cities, no universities, no industry, no social institutions, no scientific advancement,

they were bogged down in a primitive potlatch society ruled by superstition.

Jeez... just digging a deeper hole of ignorance aren't you?

I reinterate:

Where do you get your cliched nonsense from?

It's crystal clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

And:

Western whites were and are, a plague on the rest of the world.

Particularly, with their superstitious "religious" dogma and their "morality".

Coincidently, I happen to be reading U.S. Grant's memoirs at the moment.

Let me give you an apt passage :

"The Indians, along the lower Columbia as far as the Cascades and on the lower Willamette, died off very fast during the year I spent in that section; for besides acquiring the vices of the white people they had acquired also their diseases.

The measles and the small-pox were both amazingly fatal."

(Page 316 Vol. 1) 

And what on earth does "economics defines morality" mean?

Your ignorance and arrogance are stunning.

23 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

To explain further: liberals have everything they want; they are comfortable and secure in their lives; what is most important for them is to maintain that comfort and security. Their method of achieving this is by leniency, appeasement, and multicultural largesse.

Tough guys who have nothing, have more to lose in the competition with immigrants, and therefore have nothing to lose in the fight.

Hence they speak their mind. Hence it's only the fascist mobs you see making the point.

Regardless of your opportunistic, pointless pontificating on the "liberals", you have explained nothing further.

Are you inferring, indeed defending this cretin as one who simply dared to complain?

Please explain further.

On 11/03/2017 at 11:11 PM, spidermike007 said:

Good point. I certainly misspoke when I referred to Pakistanis as Arabs. What I meant is that their government is no friend to the Western world. The incredibly duplicitous nature of their spy services, and their continued support of terrorists, and willingness to allow them safe harbor, for a price, reveals that government to be exactly what it is. 

Murky scenario in Pakistan with some government elements pandering to Islamic extremism for the sake of power, some not. The death toll of civilians and security forces has been very high, as is the number of Islamic extremists killed by security forces and executed by Court orders - overall very complex.

From 2001 to 08/2016 over 61,000 Pakistanis – combatants and non-combatants – have been killed. Of these, about 22,100 are civilians. Over 40,000 civilians have been wounded. There are about 1.4 million refugees or internally displaced Pakistanis.

On 12/03/2017 at 3:23 PM, ddavidovsky said:

<snip>

Tough guys who have nothing, have more to lose in the competition with immigrants, and therefore have nothing to lose in the fight. Hence they speak their mind. Hence it's only the fascist mobs you see making the point.

Defining someone a 'tough guy' for murdering an unarmed civilian? What 'competition' was the killer involved with against a highly educated legal immigrant?

I find it amazing someone who constantly articulates white supremacist / extreme right ring propaganda is provided a voice on this forum which one assumes is contrary to Thai legislation.

I note some members are doing nothing more than inflammatory trolling.   If it continues, simply report them and they will get a posting holiday.  

This topic is about a person who killed people who were working (including one 'white' person).   They weren't Arabs, not that it matters.

Trolling is against forum rules.  

If you have nothing useful to say, then please don't post.  

On 3/12/2017 at 0:23 AM, ddavidovsky said:

To explain further: liberals have everything they want; they are comfortable and secure in their lives; what is most important for them is to maintain that comfort and security. Their method of achieving this is by leniency, appeasement, and multicultural largesse. They are basically afraid.

"Their (liberal's) method of achieving this is by leniency, appeasement, and multicultural largesse."

Another interpretation is that they think things through.

"They are basically afraid."

Wasn't it the drunk idiot with a gun that was afraid?

"Tough guys who have nothing, have more to lose in the competition with immigrants, and therefore have nothing to lose in the fight."

Doesn't this describe the situation of the native Americans that you denigrate?  Do you think the civilized, advanced society should wipe out these thuggish tough guys shooting unarmed people?