Mum's anguish as son goes missing in Thailand after 'I'm sorry' text message

rooster59

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

For interpol it's mostly a matter of putting an entry in a database. I highly doubt the run of the mill BiB have any access to that. Immigration does, so when he eventually shows up at an airport, there's a ping.

It's hardly an Interpol crime to not phone your Mum at age 28 is it.My missus would be on the phone every 5 minutes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely this story only has legs as a chap recently found dead in or around koh tao  (a.apperley) was from or worked in gloucestershire. This one needs to be a false alarm and it sounds a tad premature but you never know!

4 hours ago, djayz said:

This isn't always the best place for the emotionally unstable...

How do you know he's unstable? Thailand is a pretty good place to go after a break-up. Considering he didn't tell family he went, chances are he's just not letting life back home bother him sowing his oats.

4 hours ago, jcisco said:

Is any place good for the emotionally stable?   Not sure Thailand is worse than anywhere else.

Easily available drugs of all description, without subscription, can equate to disaster if self medicating.

a nanny state, is a much better to be, if your having issues.

that said.. he me be guts up, sleeping it off, with a couple of ladyboys, after all, this is amazing thailand

The "man" is 28 years old, its time for mum to pop her tittie out of his mouth and let him go.

How many times have there been these reports of son or daughter not calling or no facebook for 10 minutes, then that show up two days later after being at a party.

2 minutes ago, Gracas said:

The "man" is 28 years old, its time for mum to pop her tittie out of his mouth and let him go.

How many times have there been these reports of son or daughter not calling or no facebook for 10 minutes, then that show up two days later after being at a party.

None as far as I recall. 

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

You mean Thai Visa ?  Agree

Nja! Seems to me that it would be one of the best places. Many people feel right at home among friends and alikes.

This guy have probably been abducted by aliens, but beware! It´s hard to see the differens in some of the bar girls he might meet.

5 hours ago, louse1953 said:

I went missing in ASIA for 7 months in 1976 at the age of 21 .Nobody seemed to worry in those days.

4 of us went overland to India then on to 'stralia in 1970 , I was the eldest at 23. When I came home in '71 my mum and dad were watching TV. When I walked in mum said " I will make you something to eat in a mo " My dad said " Mind how you close the door there is a lot of smokey coal burning on the fire. They never even looked round. Never mind texting and mobile chuffing phones.    I went down the pub !

1 hour ago, Karry Yokie said:

Of course he sent that message..........

Who else might use his phone??????????

Given the message only said sorry I'd be inclined to think it was someone else. Maybe only word they know in English.  Bit strange an English lad just replying sorry in a text unless he was in suicide mode. Nah this guys gotta turn up safe and sound. 

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

4 of us went overland to India then on to 'stralia in 1970 , I was the eldest at 23. When I came home in '71 my mum and dad were watching TV. When I walked in mum said " I will make you something to eat in a mo " My dad said " Mind how you close the door there is a lot of smokey coal burning on the fire. They never even looked round. Never mind texting and mobile chuffing phones.    I went down the pub !

Several years after you but still pre-mobile pre-internet era I did much the same thing. I tried to call home once a month but it was a pain in the arse. There were whole businesses set up in places young travellers gathered that would place the call for you. You had to plan on spending an hour for just a five minute phone call (waiting around etcetera). The lack of convenient communications back to the West really increased the feeling of being very far from home.

It is really a different world now, and not necessarily better.

As for this guy hopefully he just lost his phone or his battery ran out.

47 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Once again... Thai visa... install an unlike option.

If you mean a "Dislike" button I agree with you 100%.  There is already an "Unlike this" option that appears after you have clicked on "Like this".

Edited by gdgbb