Where to fix an UMI Super

It's a great phone, great specs for the price, but I broke the screen and I can't find out where to fix it. I contacted UMI support, no reply. I contacted UMI Thailand on Facebook, no reply.

I ordered a screen replacement on Ebay and some phone repair guys gave it a try and managed to break it worse.

I only got to use the thing for a month, I really want it back

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

This is exactly why our phones are Samsung.

You better hope that you don't need Samsung service on any phone that no longer has a warranty. I will NEVER buy another high end or any Samsung phone again. To each his own.

You better hope that you don't need Samsung service on any phone that no longer has a warranty. I will NEVER buy another high end or any Samsung phone again. To each his own.

I did. New screen. Dealt with quickly and professionally.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

So you know about the downside.

I would think any top end phone with a curved glass screen would be expensive to fix if, like me, you're stupid enough to drop it. The difference is that Samsung is one of the few brands that have a good service network here.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 0:31 PM, 2008bangkok said:

I feel your pain, unfortunately its the downside of having a Chinese branded phone, i have had a couple of Xiaomi low-mid range phones and once i have dropped it enough times and the cheaper weaker screen goes then its time for a new phone.

Yes I agree about getting a Chinese branded phone, not a big chance getting it fixed if it brakes.

I got the same phone as OP and it's still working fine despite I also dropped it but luckily enough it landed on one corner and slightly bend the Alu frame but to no ill effects.

For my limited use, it's fine smartphone, actually I use it quite a lot when off-shore working, surfing, keeping in contact with my family and so on.

I keep my phones for 2 years and then give them to my son (no one will buy a 2nd hand Chinese phone) and he have so far gamed my old IQ II to death. Next will be my UMI Super but hopefully first in +1 years time when I had my use of it.

I can live with spending roughly 100$ a year on my phones considered the good specs you get, if you are willing to go Chinese.