British man dies after falling from Udon Thani hotel

webfact

British man dies after falling from Udon Thani hotel

ho.jpg

Picture: 77Jowo

UDON THANI: -- A British man fell to his death from a hotel in Udon Thani early on Wednesday morning.

The body of Stuart Railton, 54, was found in the car park of the Top Mansion Hotel in Muang district just after 4.45am.

A security guard said that Mr Railton had been been staying at the hotel since March 4 and seemed to be acting normally when he returned from a trip at around 3.20pm on Tuesday, 77Jowo reported.

The security guard reported later hearing a thumping noise and told police that he momentarily thought the wall in the car park had collapsed. It wasn’t until he went outside that he saw the body of Mr Railton in the car park.

Police investigating searched Mr Railton’s 4th floor room, where they found the door unlocked and no sign of a struggle.

Police said they also found medication in the room and empty beer bottles and an amount of urine on the balcony.

Police said they are working on the theory that Mr Railton was drunk and fell while trying to urinate from the balcony.

Mr Railton’s body has been sent to Udon Thani hospital for post mortem to establish an official cause of death.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident. The British Embassy has been informed.

Source: 77Jowo

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-15

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said they are working on the theory that Mr Railton was drunk and fell while trying to urinate from the balcony.

well...did he have anything in his hand or not.........:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

He could've been sleep walking, or got up to use the loo and was disorientated, found the balcony not the loo, he's only been at the hotel for 10 days, I hate staying in new places, I always get up in the night for a Jimmy due to one or two too many beers and have trouble locating the bog, these days I leave a light on in the bathroom and the door slightly ajar. 

RIP sir.

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

He could've been sleep walking, or got up to use the loo and was disorientated, found the balcony not the loo, he's only been at the hotel for 10 days, I hate staying in new places, I always get up in the night for a Jimmy due to one or two too many beers and have trouble locating the bog, these days I leave a light on in the bathroom and the door slightly ajar. 

RIP sir.

Yes. Pissing in the wrong place can have serious consequences.

10 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I say!

Stayed in this place a few times. Depressing and uninviting feeling about it. 

Choose a room on the ground floor next time, best room would be the one next to the minimart too...

31 minutes ago, payttayasquirt said:

Alcoholic. Urine on the balcony shows how low they can go.
Still sad though

How low can they go? Well calling someone an alcoholic, when you know nothing about them is pretty low. Stewie Railton liked a drink, but was not an alcoholic.

Prior to retirement, Stewie was a Finance Chief for Lancashire Police. He had been living in Pattaya for around a year and loved his life in LoS. I only met him a few times, but I have a mate who is cop and who knows him well. 

RIP Stewie.

1 hour ago, MuayThai 4U said:

How low can they go? Well calling someone an alcoholic, when you know nothing about them is pretty low. Stewie Railton liked a drink, but was not an alcoholic.

Prior to retirement, Stewie was a Finance Chief for Lancashire Police. He had been living in Pattaya for around a year and loved his life in LoS. I only met him a few times, but I have a mate who is cop and who knows him well. 

RIP Stewie.

Thank you for your post.

It places a fellow human being behind the story.

RIP Mr Railton.

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

RIP sir.

You do know what a Jimmy means in Thailand right?

3 hours ago, payttayasquirt said:

Alcoholic. Urine on the balcony shows how low they can go.
Still sad though

Not as low as calling a man an alcoholic because he fell [presumably] a balcony while possibly drunk.

You never been drunk?

Edited by Bluespunk

I have just read some of the other posts in this thread, all I can say is that there are some very ignorant, uncouth and despicable people on here, those of you that thought you were making smart arsed replies should really be ashamed of yourselves, a poor man has died in what I can only attribute to a terrible accident and you make smarmy replies, you know who you are, hang your heads in shame and have some compassion for a fellow human being.<removed>

At that time of the morning, if I get up to visit the John I often lean against the wall while peeing as my eyes are half shut and I'm still half in the land of nod, I can just see this guy in my head trying to lean on a wall that wasn't there.

Once again, RIP sir, 

<removed>

Edited by CharlieH
"flame" removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

14 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Land of suicide  with the same old excuses

British Embassy has been informed

Little do they care

RIP

I wonder how many suicides take a leak before making the leap....

9 hours ago, CharlieH said:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Another post of a profane nature has been removed as per the notice posted previously.

RIP

Even I like big open place to pee, but not be found in big cities. Time to setup proper urinals in in Balconies if someone like airy place for a relief....:shock1:

One of my friend even setup a shower in balcony, he would like to shower in open area humming a song.

There are number of balconies in Thailand, having low fencing walls, even dangerous for kids.