In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip

rooster59

16 hours ago, jerojero said:

Wonder why Trump bothered to meet Merkel. Wouldn't shake her hand. Talked about his domestic problems during their joint news conference. Could he be more unprofessional and disrespectful. What a Knob!

You should research for yourself before you quote fake news. 

IMG_3122.JPG

18 hours ago, pegman said:

Today he is tweeting that Germany owes NATO big time for the protection the USA provides. Who protects the other countries in NATO from this compulsive lier.  We are obligated to go to war under Article 5 if a member country is attacked. How long is it going to take this imbecile to stumble into something that triggers it? I think it is in the best interests of the other members like my homeland to go it alone or in a newly constructed alliance without the war monger Americans. The fact is Canada has only been attacked  once and that was by the Americans and they are likely the only ones that would do it again. Same goes for trade. We changed our economy to adapt to NAFTA now the goof wants to rip it up. Countries like mine are much better off dealing with the Chinese as they are much more sensible people. 

They do owe NATO money, as do most other member nations. Please research just a little before commenting. 

20 hours ago, wump said:

Murica in a nutshell. I can't believe stuff like this goes on national TV. What an utterly ignorant nation. I'm lost for words.

Seriously? You're saying the entire nation of USA is ignorant? I understand that you don't like Trump, but you are going a bit to the lunatic side with that comment. 

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Did you miss the photo op clip where he wouldn't?

All I saw was a reporter asking him if he wanted to shake her hand after he already had. He's not a trained dog that does tricks on command. Get over yourself. He shook her hand despite what your fake news sources are telling you.

Edited by bushdoctor

All I saw was a reporter asking him if he wanted to shake her hand after he already had. He's not a trained dog that does tricks on command. Get over yourself. He shook her hand despite what your fake news sources are telling you.

She asked him. It's customary. He was very rude.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She asked him. It's customary. He was very rude.

After the reporter suggested it Merkel asked if he wanted to. He already had done so. It's not a big deal, though I'm sure you want it to be.

IMG_3121.JPG