Ingenious DIY or an accident waiting to happen

scottiejohn

Seen at a local CM Bar. Plastic Milk carton being used as an outdoor ‘waterproof' cover.IMG_20170315_175303.thumb.jpg.1d3b8f44cea24decb28da15da844e509.jpgof’  connected to a standard extension cable. There is only a fan connected to it in this Photo but they often have 5 or 6 devices attached to the extension lead.

Any other examples of potentially good DIY ideas that have the potential to go horribly wrong!

IMG_20170315_175047.thumb.jpg.5103321f3316f5e74f9afa93d2b05887.jpg

Edited by scottiejohn

More worrying is the extension lead lying on the floor, but seems par for the course, 

where wires are on the floor connected with electrical tape at best,normally plastic

bags ,I think that because you cannot normally see electricity ,it's not a problem,

Would be interesting to see figures,for deaths by electrocution,in the home,at work 

and in the street,I think it would be shocking,sorry.

regards worgeordie

Oh dear, maybe tomorrow, if I have time, I'll post photos from our own condo.  

Like the 30,000 baht refrigerator with maybe another 30,000 of stuff inside that's connected to two prong extension cord that lies under a chair where the cats like to play.  What could go horribly wrong with this?  

Or the fine example of Thai-engineering that is the installation of our washing machine.  I could do an entire rant about the washing machine.  ..... but I digress.

Our maybe I can get some video our our toaster oven/microwave setup.  It evidently isn't grounded, but yet is a nice warm cat-friendly perching place for the most bravest of cats.  Mr. Bitey has realized if one can get over the initial thingies experienced when stepping onto the top of the still warm toaster oven, then the rewards are worth it.  His sister isn't convinced and after an initial shock or two, has given up.  He finally has his "man cave".  This really deserves photos.  Mr. Bitey, crouched on top of the toaster oven under the kitchen shelves.  "His Man Cave" braving Thai electricity.

Sadly Mr. Bitey is otherwise busy.  I'll try to get photos in the next 24 hours.

Whilst I probably wouldn't leave the labels on (is it being used as a hinge) that milk carton is as good as, if not better than many commercial solutions.

Then they leave a regular extension out in the (potential) rain.

Yep, when our nice state of the art washing machine was delivered I checked and they had literally ripped the ground prong out of the plug even though we have grounded outlets. They promised to replace the power cord but after several calls it was easier to do it myself.