Cost of vice to skyrocket - cigarettes and soapy massage charges expected to rise dramatically!

webfact

2 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

At an extra 5B a pack, smokers are hardly being fleeced enough.

Soapy massages and an excise tax? Well, there's a turn up for the books - the revenue's books, that is. 

If you don't smoke you will have missed the fact that cigs have gone up over 25% in the last 18 months already.

As I always say; there was a very good time in LOS when corruption was flowering everywhere and farang was a "king" with full respect and everybody was happy in this country .Those times already gone forever...

Sadly most countries ..woman have more rights then man and they manipulate the law for their convenience and also no one will stop it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gigman said:

As I always say; there was a very good time in LOS when corruption was flowering everywhere and farang was a "king" with full respect and everybody was happy in this country .Those times already gone forever...

Sadly most countries ..woman have more rights then man and they manipulate the law for their convenience and also no one will stop it.

The less laws the happier people are and if that includes more corruption

so be it.I say bring on the corruption...

Nanny states suck all the life out of living... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

1000 baht increase in the cost of a soapy?

just rent a room with a Jacuzzi and hook up on line and cut out the middle man if soapies are your thing.

Actually you make a good point as to what would likely happen.

Difficult to tax private arrangements.

15 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I understand this.
Outgoing of a beer liter price of 45 baht, that corresponds to an annual increase of 24.81% or
based on the initial price in 20 years an increase of 666666%.
And this in the case with average income and pension increases of 1.5% - 4% per year.
Here the linear beer prices for the next 20 years (here only the tax-induced increase).
Insane.

beer.png

With other Words, those who can afford it should drink beer as water all day, every day and order a empty water truck, fill it With beer and then fill up the watertanks, the pond and the pool - the rest who cant - Cambodia here we come...;)

Edited by ttrd

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

East London mate where we say it as it is and cigs where called fags way before the Americans where invented fags being an American word and like so may others miss used Like Tyre for my car, US its Tire which means in good old English To Tire maybe from over work

Not everyone in the world who speaks English understands it as you see daily on here, but those who are English do and use it to their local regions. You have a nice evening

Yes I fully understand, oh the memories the singing postman, and Hev Yew  Gotta Loight boy and his nicotine girl

There are one or two contributors on here who are also fully paid up members of the flat earth society

The word innit seems to be a red flag to them, but after 1 / 2 skirmishes they seem to have withdrawn

It really was not a dig, a pity it came over as that, hopefully no terminal damage done

I better not say have a nice day 55555, I will just say enjoy your grub

Well, all this is job-killer, industry killer (Breweries, Hotels, general tourism) stuff.

It might be worth those at the top of the tree remembering that before you can live off the backs of the poor (as they do) then you have to make sure that the poor can make some kind of living. Otherwise there is nothing for you to rob!

Back to the poorhouse chaps. Bet you miss Mr.T more each day. At least the old conman understood what free-market forces could deliver.

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, webfact said:

reported that the cost of lighting up is likely to

Are there any facts to back up this thread?

The title uses the phrase ‘expected to rise dramatically’ and the first page quotes a source reported that’ the cost of lighting up is likely to’

The use of the words ‘expected’ and ‘likely’ imply we are not discussing facts. Are there any official English language translations of these ‘facts’?

On ‎22‎/‎3‎/‎2560 at 11:02 AM, AlexRich said:

Does anyone really need a soapy massage? It will be interesting to see if that particular service is an "essential"? 

My guess is that soapy massage parlour owners will be seeing much less custom. 

Yes a washout, and decrease in smoking.

• 1 year later...

None of these are election winners that’s if there is ever going to be an election. It seems to me that the poorest will be hit the hardest we have already seen fuel increases in the past month or two .Thailand is becoming more expensive than its neighbouring countries which in the long term will hurt the tourism industry .