Easier way to do a visa run from Hua Hin ?

noopin2014

Hi there,

Hi, i just need to stamp out. Anyone have any suggestions on where i would need to go for a visa run ? The easier way ?

I will travel with my own car.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by noopin2014

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry visa to use for re-entry you could use the crossing at Ban Pu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi province to Myanmar.

Crossings for a new visa exempt entry is not allowed.

Thanks Joe, for a new visa exempt entry where is it allowed so ?

Try the train to the Padang Besar border in the deep south. Jump on any train from Hua Hin going to Hat Yai. There go to the busstation (50 Baht), take a van to the border (50), go out of Thailand, into Malaysia, out of Malaysia and back into Thailand. All is done in 30 Minutes, either by feet or with a motorcycle taxi (50). Take a motorcycle taxi from the border to the van station in Padang (50). Take a van back to Hat Yai (50). Take the next train back to Hua Hin in the afternoon. You are only two nights on the trains. Try the brand new train from China (no. 31), very comfortable! Advice: Make sure you have all your bookings (to Hat Yai and back from Hat Yai) before you start from Hua Hin, otherwise you might not get a bed on the train. The whole trip is not more than 1000 Baht.

What about Cham Yeam Border, still open that place? I went there some time ago, no hassles.

If you are in Hua Hin, now if I'm not wrong there are a new ferry operating from HH to Pattaya, from Pattaya to Cham Yeam it takes 330KM.

3 hours ago, nofarang said:

Try the train to the Padang Besar border in the deep south. Jump on any train from Hua Hin going to Hat Yai. There go to the busstation (50 Baht), take a van to the border (50), go out of Thailand, into Malaysia, out of Malaysia and back into Thailand. All is done in 30 Minutes, either by feet or with a motorcycle taxi (50). Take a motorcycle taxi from the border to the van station in Padang (50). Take a van back to Hat Yai (50). Take the next train back to Hua Hin in the afternoon. You are only two nights on the trains. Try the brand new train from China (no. 31), very comfortable! Advice: Make sure you have all your bookings (to Hat Yai and back from Hat Yai) before you start from Hua Hin, otherwise you might not get a bed on the train. The whole trip is not more than 1000 Baht.

Just the worst border for a visa run. You must be a genius.

5 minutes ago, deepcell said:

What about Cham Yeam Border, still open that place? I went there some time ago, no hassles.

If you are in Hua Hin, now if I'm not wrong there are a new ferry operating from HH to Pattaya, from Pattaya to Cham Yeam it takes 330KM.

What a great idea for someone living near Myanmar border !

42 minutes ago, BsBs said:

Just the worst border for a visa run. You must be a genius.

This is NOT true. Padang Besar has always been a very pleasant border. Sometimes there are long queues of people waiting in front of the counters, but they have a separate and often deserted counter for Farangs, to where you are advised.

Maybe you confuse with the Sadao border, which is in the neighbourhood and at the same distance from Hat Yai, and where I would not recommend anyone to go.

2 hours ago, BsBs said:

What a great idea for someone living near Myanmar border !

I went to Kanchanaburi in 2015 and I was denied the crossing, as the IO said, they were closed at that time. I have a non-immigrant type O visa multiple entry.  Since 2015 I had never tried again to cross in Kanchanaburi (Baan Pu Naam Ron) then I do not know the status of this particular border today.

My last time in Mae Sot, the Myanmar IO ask me to wait for 3 hours in the Myanmar side ("go for shopping" as he said), until I can get back to Thai side.

the OP asked for the "Easier way" not shortest way, then Cambodia (Cham Yeam), Myanmar (Mae Sai and Mae Sot), Malaysia (Padang Besar) is also very easy but to far from where I live, that's all the easier way in my opinion.

14 hours ago, deepcell said:

I went to Kanchanaburi in 2015 and I was denied the crossing, as the IO said, they were closed at that time. I have a non-immigrant type O visa multiple entry.  Since 2015 I had never tried again to cross in Kanchanaburi (Baan Pu Naam Ron) then I do not know the status of this particular border today.

My last time in Mae Sot, the Myanmar IO ask me to wait for 3 hours in the Myanmar side ("go for shopping" as he said), until I can get back to Thai side.

the OP asked for the "Easier way" not shortest way, then Cambodia (Cham Yeam), Myanmar (Mae Sai and Mae Sot), Malaysia (Padang Besar) is also very easy but to far from where I live, that's all the easier way in my opinion.

Anything taking more than 2 hours is not easy, it's stupid.

5 hours ago, BsBs said:

Anything taking more than 2 hours is not easy, it's stupid.

that's your point of view, I respect that. The place I live it is impossible to get to the border in less than 2 hours, even if I drive fast. By the way how can someone do it from Hua Hin to Ban Pu Nam Ro in 2 hours? it is about 240km...