Ivanka Trump becomes unpaid White House employee

webfact

5 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

She's got it all. Attractive, smart, well-connected. She's now turning her talents towards government service, seizing the opportunity.  She's doing the right thing for the right reason. There isn't a single thing about her that is nefarious. There is no need to cast aspersions on her whatsoever. Give is a rest please. Guilt by association simply isn't applicable in this case.

Anything to support this, other than you vouching for her character?

Again, you do not have any particular insight into her motivations, nor anything to support she is especially qualified for whatever unclear role she's supposed to fill, and nothing much to say on nepotism or conflict of interest. So yes, give it a rest.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Morch said:

Anything to support this, other than you vouching for her character?

Again, you do not have any particular insight into her motivations, nor anything to support she is especially qualified for whatever unclear role she's supposed to fill, and nothing much to say on nepotism or conflict of interest. So yes, give it a rest.

I'll settle for us agreeing to disagree.

I'll settle for us agreeing to disagree.

I'm afraid there's nothing to disagree with. You come with an opinion, Morch with facts. Look at the facts and you may change your opinion, or stick with what you have, but disagreeing, sorry.

sent using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm afraid there's nothing to disagree with. You come with an opinion, Morch with facts. Look at the facts and you may change your opinion, or stick with what you have, but disagreeing, sorry.
sent using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you too...

Trump does not trust anyone but his family. She is there because without her and Jared the President would be isolated and even more scary.  Her presence is a positive with a cost but likely worth it if she can reign in the paranoid old coot. 

I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you too...

I voiced an opinion, so yes, one can reasonably disagree with that. In this case I'm even glad you're disagreeing.

sent using Tapatalk

I have never heard Ivanka to think, which I need to make my mind of her.

The public profile she presents is soft.

If she is next to his narcissistic father, the president of the USA, she might be able to calm him down during distress. That should be good for world politics, while it unfortunately slows down the impeachment progress.   

Lets also not forget that this is the woman (videos on you tube) who sat next to her Father and when the host asked what they had in common with each other Trump said "sex" and then said "oh maybe I can't say that". Ivan jumped in quickly and said "golf". There is something not quite right. I would rather have the Addams Family in the White House than the Trump family.

12 hours ago, tonray said:

Trump does not trust anyone but his family. She is there because without her and Jared the President would be isolated and even more scary.  Her presence is a positive with a cost but likely worth it if she can reign in the paranoid old coot. 

You're probably right.  But there's also the issue of who he listens to.  He also listens to Bannon.  For example, who has the guts to suggest to Trump (with the required deference) to not tweet as much?   Poor Spicer - his entire job is trying to deflect, interrupt others, obfuscate, shout down or disregard questions, and generally do what Kellyanne does: try to sugar-coat all the dumbass things Trump says.

I actually like how Trump tweets so often.  It gives others a window onto his twisted mind.  Better to know what a sicko is thinking, than to not know.

Edited by boomerangutang

On 3/30/2017 at 7:46 AM, Chip Allen said:

If she's unpaid, I don't see a problem. Trump himself is the problem, not his children.

Well, there is a security issue, I believe.  Should all oval office regulars require a top-secret security clearance?  Those take time -- unless papa issued it himself.

I had a top-secret clearance in the army many moons ago.  AIR it took many months.

14 hours ago, Ramen087 said:

She's got it all. Attractive, smart, well-connected. She's now turning her talents towards government service, seizing the opportunity.  She's doing the right thing for the right reason. There isn't a single thing about her that is nefarious. There is no need to cast aspersions on her whatsoever. Give is a rest please. Guilt by association simply isn't applicable in this case.

Re. "There isn't a single thing about her that is nefarious."

You/we can't possibly know that.

So much potential for corruption in this administration, justified by saying things like Trump won't discuss business with his sons. Or that Ivanka sat in on meetings but was no longer involved in business. From Trump manipulating business on Twitter, to Kellyanne Conway giving ads to Ivanka's business in interviews. 

Then you have obfuscation and lies like Trump won't accept a salary as president... which has sense changed to he will donate his salary to charity... which means he can use it as a write off, which means the tax payers still have to pay it. And oh let's not forget that Trump has spent 1/3 of his presidency on his own properties, and his wife is living separate from him and also require secret service. Both of these cases help his business because people will pay extra to be some place with access to the first family... but of course it's costing tax payers millions of dollars in both cases.

Edited by jcsmith

21 minutes ago, mogandave said:

All the sudden we're worried about what the tax payers have to foot the bill for.

Too funny

Aren't we always? These aren't programs that are beneficial to citizens. They are things that are beneficial to the Trump family only. 

Aren't we always? These aren't programs that are beneficial to citizens. They are things that are beneficial to the Trump family only. 

That has not been my experience.

I think we can afford to allow the President's son finish out the school year.

Nothing benefits all citizens.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

All the sudden we're worried about what the tax payers have to foot the bill for.
Too funny

There was a time, it was when I was about 6 yrs old, that I first realized how wasteful gov't spending is.  I was reading about how a fighter jet, at that time, cost over a million dollars. I thought, "gadz, that's too much money for one plane."   A half century later, fighter jets cost in the hundreds of millions, and we take it in stride.

When Trump campaigned, spewing lies a mile a minute, he would often shout about how he would head a gov't which would cut expenditures.  That could be his biggest lie, though it's hard to tell, because he lies so vehemently about so many things.  Two examples which show what a runaway spender he is:  #1 added gazillions for military, most of which either isn't needed or could be done for a lot less.  And #2; exorbitant spending of taxpayer $$'s on family; him going to FL every weekend, keeping several homes and offices in several states, wasting tens of millions/month for stuff and services.

Ivanka is bad news because she fully supports and cheers-on a man who is crippling America, day by day.   

Edited by boomerangutang

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

How has he crippled America? I was there earlier this month and it seemed fine.

Internationally, who the national leaders should talk to, when they want to contact USA?

Trump don't enjoy  credibility among world leaders. His word can not be trusted. Therefore USA can't be trusted.

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

Nothing benefits all citizens.

Sure, nothing benefits all citizens, but there are systems in place which benefit people who need it, and then there is the Trump family, benefitting themselves. You don't see the difference between systems that benefit millions of people who need it, and those that benefit a handful who really didn't need it in the first place?

Edited by jcsmith

6 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Have the Russian troll factories started up again?

Again?  Not necessary in actuality.  The posted item is one forum member's optimistic outlook on Ms. Trump's current appointment.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:48 PM, Ramen087 said:

She does, indeed, have it all. And on top of that she's a true patriot, taking an unpaid position to further serve the great nation that is The United States of America.  A role model of there ever was one.  I wish her all the good fortune possible in her new endeavor

Not so, a true patriot makes sacrifices for her country. A true would put all her holdings in a blind trust so as to avoid any possible conflict of interest. But that would mean a financial sacrifice. And that's one sacrifice too many for Ivanka Trump.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Just now, Ramen087 said:

Again?  Not necessary in actuality.  The posted item is one forum member's optimistic outlook on Ms. Trump's current appointment.

"Not necessary in actuality." (sic) :blink:

At any rate, the incompetent buffoon's spawn is even less qualified to hold the nation's highest office and the most powerful position on the planet.

Optimistic?

Incredibly delusional is more accurate.

As has been shown since this cheap huckster has taken office.

But alas, indicative of Trumpeteer thinking...

3.png

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

At any rate, the incompetent buffoon's spawn is even less qualified to hold the nation's highest office and the most powerful position on the planet.

Optimistic?

3.png

Please cease this overly emotional, irrational prose. If you're a US citizen you can vote in the midterm election in 2018, and the 2020 presidential election. In the meantime please practice restraint. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

Optimistic?

3.png

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Trump never said or wrote this.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-lie-truth/

Of course, since this proof comes from snopes.com, Trump supporters should feel obliged to disbelieve snopes' verdict.