Police urges phone users to load “Police I lert u” mobile application as it is very helpful

webfact

Police urges phone users to load “Police I lert u” mobile application as it is very helpful

253_Police.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police today urged the people to load "Police I lert u" mobile application as it will be very helpful for them and the police to respond to their emergency calls, particularly during the long Songkran water festival.

Speaking to reporters after chairing a meeting with senior police in charge of crime suppression yesterday, Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol Gen Chakermkiat Srivorakarn said the meeting was aimed at giving order and instruction to police nationwide to prepare themselves to ensure and provide safety to the people during the Songkran festival.

He said one of the best way the people can  get help is  to interact with police in case of emergency  through the  “Police I lert u” mobile application which is now upgraded to cover service not only in Bangkok but countrywide after all 191 hotlines in each province were integrated to the Central  191 emergency hotline in Bangkok.

Previously the mobile application was serviceable in Bangkok’s 88 police stations.

But after the integration, the application will serve all police stations countrywide.

In case of emergency, call for help from the mobile application’s 191 feature could be located instantly through global positioning system and alert will be sent to the nearest police station to rush to the scene and give assistance.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-urges-phone-users-load-police-lert-u-mobile-application-helpful/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-31

Apparently, the app is called "Police I lerv [love] you". So who came up with the transliteration "lert" for "love"? The same people who keep spelling "Happy Birdday" and "Melly Kissmart"?

Go to this link http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-urges-phone-users-load-police-lert-u-mobile-application-helpful/ and scroll down to the video.

Edited by Misterwhisper

5 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Apparently, the app is called "Police I lerv [love] you". So who came up with the transliteration "lert" for "love"? The same people who keep spelling "Happy Birdday" and "Melly Kissmart"?

Go to this link http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-urges-phone-users-load-police-lert-u-mobile-application-helpful/ and scroll down to the video.

...and who can forget Jinger Ben, jinger orn ta way

I'd like to know what rights are granted to the app.

Reading your contactlist? Access to the camera and microphone? Access to location services? Access to photo's?

Would anyone like to check in the android app store?

Sorry, i don't trust it, i think it will be abused to collect data.

8 minutes ago, Wallet73 said:

I'd like to know what rights are granted to the app.

Reading your contactlist? Access to the camera and microphone? Access to location services? Access to photo's?

Would anyone like to check in the android app store?

Sorry, i don't trust it, i think it will be abused to collect data.

Just checked it. The app wants access to your location, phone no., device ID and call information; all very understandable. But it also wants access granted to your identity and photos/media files. No way am I going to install that app!

Police couldn't be bothered to pick up the telephone nor raise their head to a person talking to them, so they came up with the idea to get their attention with an App because that's what they pay attention to? :)

OOps I downloaded this to see what it was all about apparently when you press one of the icons in the app the bib call you back as i found out when i pressed it. Good response time though within a minute I was trying to explain i pressed it by mistake in my limited command of the Thai language. The wife had to take over and give my apologies for waisting police time before giving me one of those looks!!!!. App deleted.

For those that do down load , will the bib and ambulance be able to send lerts to those on that section of road to get out of the way and let the responding  crew through

if so then a great app.

• 6 months later...

I guess the same ones who uses transliteration

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But will the coppers give a rat's @rse and react/do their job? 

Or will millions of social media users first have to share videos and comments before the BIB decide to actually do something?