April Immigration and Embassy/Consulate Closures

37 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Seems strange that Monday 17 April is not listed as it's a "substitution" holiday for Songkran.

Since when. I have seen no official announcement of it.

It does not appear as a holiday on any calendar that I have seen.

Edit: FYI this is the calendar I used to change the 2016 holiday list to 2017. In Thai: http://event.sanook.com/calendar/2560/  It still does not show the 17th as a holiday.

Seems strange that Monday 17 April is not listed as it's a "substitution" holiday for Songkran.

Songkran gets its two work days of holiday on the 13th and 14th. As it doesn't fall into the weekend, no substitution holiday required.

• Like 1

It's clearly listed as "Substitution for Songkran" on the two calendars I have. Obviously there is some confusion. Songkran is always a 3 day holiday and weekends don't count. So it's usual to add the next working day as a substitution holiday.

32 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Songkran gets its two work days of holiday on the 13th and 14th. As it doesn't fall into the weekend, no substitution holiday required.

For the last 28 years that I have lived in Thailand the Songkran holidays have always been 13th, 14th & 15th!

Although the 15th is a Saturday, then I also have not seen anything officially saying that 17th is going to be a public holiday, have one calendar that says it is a substitute for the 15th and one that does not! The Bank of Thailand website does not list it as a holiday.

5 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

If you find a friendly Officer,ask him if he can cause a delay that pots your Marriage Extension back or forward .He got me out of it,but can't remember how by now too long ago.?

What has that got to do with this topic.

So my Visa expires on the 15th of April when should i leave and be able to return with a new visa within a reasonable time i dont want to get stuck in Poipet for a week waiting on PP opening back up to issue my new visa ?

5 hours ago, juice777 said:

Why dose Loas get a extra day on the 18th. My visa runs out on the 18th, which now means I have to stay a extra day in Savannakhet.

Because the 17th and 18th are Lao holidays. For the 13th and 14th it says it is Thai and Lao holidays.

From the page I posted a link to.

• 13 Apr 2017
    Songkran Festival Day & Lao New yearวันหยุดประจำปี: Thai & Lao

• 14 Apr 2017
    Songkran Festival Day & Lao New yearวันหยุดประจำปี: Thai & Lao

• 17 Apr 2017
    Songkran Festival Day & Lao New yearวันหยุดประจำปี: Lao

• 18 Apr 2017
    Songkran Festival Day & Lao New yearวันหยุดประจำปี: Lao

20 hours ago, Hawkster said:

So my Visa expires on the 15th of April when should i leave and be able to return with a new visa within a reasonable time i dont want to get stuck in Poipet for a week waiting on PP opening back up to issue my new visa ?

Thanks Ubonjoe but i am still unclear when i have to leave Thailand prior to my Visa expiry date in order to obtain a new visa in the shortest possible time frame and get back to Thailand before any Embassy closures leave me stranded for 5-11 days at some border outpost waiting on Embassies opening back up cause from past experience it looks like the 7th or 8th April is the last dates i can leave in order to get a visa and back to BK before i start getting assaulted by water at every turn .

According to one of the visa groups on Facebook, Immigration offices are closed on Monday 17 April.

" I can say with 100% certainty they're closed..
All Immigration offices country wide are closed the 13th-14th & 17th
I called the gov't hotline 1111 last week and checked.."

7 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Thanks Ubonjoe but i am still unclear when i have to leave Thailand prior to my Visa expiry date in order to obtain a new visa in the shortest possible time frame and get back to Thailand before any Embassy closures leave me stranded for 5-11 days at some border outpost waiting on Embassies opening back up cause from past experience it looks like the 7th or 8th April is the last dates i can leave in order to get a visa and back to BK before i start getting assaulted by water at every turn .

If you were able to give your passport to an agent in time for them to do the application on the 10th you should have your passport back by the 12th or 13th. I assume you might able to do that on the 9th.

To avoid the wait at the border you could apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country.

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Appreciate the reply and advice Ubonjoe .

Thanks again